State Champs?

The teams in Class A

Re: State Champs?

Postby 07AF » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:09 am

d-stopper45 wrote:You gotta be kidding me if you think Harvey is going to put up 38 points on a team that averaged only 8.8 ppga all year. C'mon now buddy

Lisbon allows 8.8 Harvey Allows 5.5 Lisbon scores 24ppg. Harvey Scores 28.

If we go by stats Harvey still wins.

North Prarie allowed about 9 ppg all year. Yet Harvey was able to put up 33 and 20 points on them. What makes you think Harvey Can't do it to Lisbon?
07AF

Postby 89Dragon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 am

Fact of the matter is Lisbon came from the shallowend of the pool. In that the competetion was weaker.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LBC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:28 am

89Dragon wrote:Fact of the matter is Lisbon came from the shallowend of the pool. In that the competetion was weaker.

Not really disagreeing, but I'd like to know how you arrive at that conclusion. There has been not play between East and West, nothing to really base on who is the stronger Region, other than preseason polls, which are kind of laughable since they didn't even have Lisbon in the Top 5 early on. True, they lost to V.C., but that was the second game of the season.
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:06 pm

This game will not be a blowout. Neither team has allowed this all year and will not for the championship. Will be the best game of the championships. The team that does not turn the ball over will win in a low scoring affair!!!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby 07AF » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:24 pm

sportsmart wrote:This game will not be a blowout. Neither team has allowed this all year and will not for the championship. Will be the best game of the championships. The team that does not turn the ball over will win in a low scoring affair!!!

Who do you think is going to win?
07AF

Postby sportsmart » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:13 pm

I will take Harvey by 3!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Harvey wins, by two scores Not even a Gorilla can beat a hornet.

What happened to the gorilla in Harvey? I was through Harvey the other day for the first time in years and I noticed it's gone.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:11 pm

I have Lisbon winnig by 3 Lisbons defense is very solid and for you people who thnk there going to pass the ball and succeed are wrong Lisbon has the best defense in class a and Harveys staring quarterback is out wwhile lisbon has thee best limeman comming of injury to play in this game Erin Fromke
lisbon bronco fan

Postby 89Dragon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm

Best defence in Lisbon? Sorry the best Defence is Harvey.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:32 pm

lisbon bronco fan wrote:I have Lisbon winnig by 3 Lisbons defense is very solid and for you people who thnk there going to pass the ball and succeed are wrong Lisbon has the best defense in class a and Harveys staring quarterback is out wwhile lisbon has thee best limeman comming of injury to play in this game Erin Fromke

Lisbon gives up 8.8 ppg, Harvey gives up 5.5 and has played much better offensive teams this year than Lisbon has(Killdeer, North Prairie twice). Sorry, the best defense in Class A belongs to Harvey. Ask anyone who played for North Prairie how good they are. They are absolutely relentless, Lisbon might not score.
ND Sports Fan

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:52 pm

I think whoever comes out first will be the champion. If a team goes down and isn't productive in getting the points back right away they appear somewhat diheartened about it and the mistakes of desperation seem to fall in. If Lisbon can score first and then stop Harvey right away they will stand a chance.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm accually going to change my score to 26-0. Harvey's defense is too good and Lisbon won't be able to score on them. If NP can only scratch out 7, how will Lisbon be able to even get 3. Harvey can run the ball all day and shut them down on defense.
baseball1981

Postby d-stopper45 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:52 pm

HA most of you people are so west biased its rediculous. I don't know how you can compare the east and west when they didn't have any common opponents. Go ahead and keep thinking Harvey is the god of all football teams but I guess we'll have to see come Friday.
d-stopper45

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:18 pm

d-stopper45 wrote:HA most of you people are so west biased its rediculous. I don't know how you can compare the east and west when they didn't have any common opponents. Go ahead and keep thinking Harvey is the god of all football teams but I guess we'll have to see come Friday.

Langdon played NP early in the year and NP beat them 41-8, Harvey has beat NP twice this year. Langdon beat Cavalier 3 pts, and Cavalier only lost to Lisbon by a touchdown. So by going by what I just said I'd say Harvey is a Two touchdown favorite to win. :D
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby KG 21 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:50 pm

ndfan wrote:
d-stopper45 wrote:HA most of you people are so west biased its rediculous. I don't know how you can compare the east and west when they didn't have any common opponents. Go ahead and keep thinking Harvey is the god of all football teams but I guess we'll have to see come Friday.

Langdon played NP early in the year and NP beat them 41-8, Harvey has beat NP twice this year. Langdon beat Cavalier 3 pts, and Cavalier only lost to Lisbon by a touchdown. So by going by what I just said I'd say Harvey is a Two touchdown favorite to win. :D
go ahead and play that game

Linton lost to Mayport early, Lisbon beat em by 20, going by what you said they should have lost to Lisbon by 30
KG 21

Postby 07AF » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:03 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Harvey wins, by two scores Not even a Gorilla can beat a hornet.

What happened to the gorilla in Harvey? I was through Harvey the other day for the first time in years and I noticed it's gone.

Harvey tore it down after a storm knocked it over. And nobody liked it or wanted to put it back up.

They east has been weak for years and they havn't shown anything to change our minds. I guess we will have to wait till Friday. dang. I'm gunna miss deer season opener.
07AF

Postby ND Sports Fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:14 pm

How can you not be "west biased". Since switching to the AAA, AA, A format in 1997, a "west" team has won the state championship every single year. That's not bias, that's just cold hard facts.
ND Sports Fan

Postby LBC » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 pm

you know, that may be true, but everything goes in cycles. Sometimes they are long cycles and sometimes they are short cycles. I do remember way back, I guess I am showing my age, when both Lamoure, and Lisbon beat a "West" team (Watford City) in back to back title games in the old three class system in 1991 and 1992. Does that mean then that the "East" was dominant. I guess I don't have the history before and after, but it goes to show that cycles do happen. As far as West vs. East. What you say IS true and the "A" level, thanks in a large part to an incredible run by Velva, but what about AA, Cavalier, and AAA Fargo South? Kind of hard to put geography into the equation. As far as the "A" game in concerned this year. I see two very defense oriented teams. If you want a lot of points, don't go to this one! By the way, I,as a fan of the East pick Lisbon by seven.
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Who cares where there from I'm going with Harvey because I think they are the best team in class A, they haven't lost a game this season. Kinda seems like the same scenerio that happened the last time Lisbon played for a state championship, people said the state championship was played the week before when Cavalier beat Dickinson Trinity in a overtime thriller. They were right cause Cavalier didn't have any problems with them. Same could be said for the Harvey/NP game last week. But hopefully it will be a great game and best of luck to both teams this weekend
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 07AF » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:09 am

ndfan wrote:Who cares where there from I'm going with Harvey because I think they are the best team in class A, they haven't lost a game this season. Kinda seems like the same scenerio that happened the last time Lisbon played for a state championship, people said the state championship was played the week before when Cavalier beat Dickinson Trinity in a overtime thriller. They were right cause Cavalier didn't have any problems with them. Same could be said for the Harvey/NP game last week. But hopefully it will be a great game and best of luck to both teams this weekend

Last year too. Velva beat Harvey in a close game. Then Velva walked all over the state championship.
07AF

Postby sportsmart » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 am

That is why the game is played. There is no way that Lisbon will be shut out. We will see on Friday!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:24 pm

A lot can be said of teams that meet often. Example Harvey and Velva. You know for the most part the games are gonna be good hard hitting North Dakota football games decided in the last seconds. Familiarity is a big part of why semi-final games are closer than final games. Look what New Rockford Sheyenne did in the quarterfinals with Harvey!! Hardly an impressive win for Harvey. Velva played North Prairie tougher the second time around and gave them their closest game and I dare say, familiarity with the team had something to do with it. Lisbon and Harvey will face each other on Friday and like I said before, if one team puts the other team on their heels and keeps slugging away at it you could very easily have a big point difference in a short amount of time. When Velva played Cavalier or even Linton last year they may have been the better team but not to the extent that the scoreboard showed at the end of the game. I think those teams just wound up in a hole and were really unfamiliar with the position and didn't really know how to react. If either of the two teams can make two scores before the other team gets one.... this game will probably be over, the team that's behind will not react well and continue to spiral down. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby builttolast » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm

I think if Lisbon gets down early in the game they will be okay. They have game from behind numerous to win games, so don't be surprised if they do it again on Friday.
builttolast

Postby champs0607 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:31 pm

ND Sports Fan wrote:

How can you not be "west biased". Since switching to the AAA, AA, A format in 1997, a "west" team has won the state championship every single year. That's not bias, that's just cold hard facts.

umm no.. cavalier won 3 sraight championships in 02, 03, and 04 in AA and we're up in the northEAST part of the state. West Fargo has won a few titles in AAA in the past as well(southEAST corner) . and richland(southEAST corner) won 2 years ago in 9-man...check ur facts a little better next time bud
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:40 pm

builttolast wrote:I think if Lisbon gets down early in the game they will be okay. They have game from behind numerous to win games, so don't be surprised if they do it again on Friday.
I don't know, they are playing against the top defense in the state that allows under a TD/game. Harvey can score points, even with their starting QB hurt. Their running game is what it always is like. I don't know much about Lisbon but they have to be a good team to make it to state, and it's hard to really tell how good each team is compared to each other because the east/west hasn't really played many games against each other, but I think the west is a harder division and that Harvey will win this one in a good game.
baseball1981

PreviousNext

Return to A