All-Region 2

The teams in Class A

All-Region 2

Postby Region 2 fan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:17 am

All-Region
Langdon-Munich-Riley Beck, Justin Overby, Travis Beck, Tanner Romfo, Cale Borho, Nick Schaefer; Cavalier-Mitch Ford, Charlie Wellman, Nick Askew, Chris Puppe, Karsen Yelle, Nick Lawonn; Hatton-Northwood-Jon Nelson, Tyler Staskivige, Mark Wallace, Mike Moore; Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg-Troy Dale, Tallon Early, Ethan Kyllo; Park River/Fordville-Lankin-Justin Mozinski, Jay Jelinek, Beau Brunsvold; Larimore-Karl Hager, Broc Trosen

Honorable Mentions
Langdon-Munich-Ethan dude, Justin Anderson, Jon Dinius, Jake Klingbell; Cavalier-Alex Cull, Zack Ricard, Garth Berg, Paul Stevens; Hatton-Northwood-Spencer Huus, T.J. Tangen, Kyle Funseth, Matt Hillesland; Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg-Ben Gates, Ross Olson, Evan Elde, Derek Osland, Chris Moore; Park River/Fordville-Lankin-Mike Foerster, Wade Thompson; Larimore-Adam Sletten, Nick Klawon, Dominic Capp, Justin Larsen

Region senior player of the year-Riley Beck, Langdon-Munich
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: All-Region 2

Postby cubsfan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:33 am

There are a couple of people on the first team that don't belong there, especially Nick Schaefer. I am not trying to bring the kid down at all but he is probably the sixth best quarterback in the region if Karl Hager is at qb. It was said on here that they don't pass much, with that group of running backs I don't disagree with that, but their are other qb that deserve to be on there before him.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jokerttt111 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:50 am

yeah well the way they do all-region is dumb there are ppl who deserve to be on it but there some that dont and only made it on there cuz other ppl on there team carried them to greatness, cuz the higher ure team places the more guys u can have as all-region weather or not there actually all-region calibar. but im not trying to take anything away from those that do deseve it cuz they earned it.
jokerttt111

Postby gingahata » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:49 pm

i personaly am really mad that riley beck got the senior of the year....i myself think as a runner himself he is good but in a sense of painfully average in this region....what i am saying is look at the blocking the kid had, by the time any defender evaded all of the blocks he was moving to slow and had no angle to get a hit, you could put anyone with any running ability at all here and have major yards...i myself thought that overby ran the power sweep better than him, although i dont think that he is the senior of the year caliber eithier
gingahata

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:26 pm

gingahata wrote:i personaly am really mad that riley beck got the senior of the year....i myself think as a runner himself he is good but in a sense of painfully average in this region....what i am saying is look at the blocking the kid had, by the time any defender evaded all of the blocks he was moving to slow and had no angle to get a hit, you could put anyone with any running ability at all here and have major yards...i myself thought that overby ran the power sweep better than him, although i dont think that he is the senior of the year caliber eithier

Well that says something because you must not know a whole lot about football, because if he is region senior of the year than that means the coaches voted for him and i think the coaches know a little bit about football and who was the best player in there region.
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:16 pm

Riley is far from a product of a good line. How many games of theirs did you watch this year? His line is average at best and routinely turns minimal gains into big ones. Overby runs the ball better straight up the gut, but not on the outside.
baseball11

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:02 am

I wonder if there was anyone else even in the Region Senior Player of the Year race other than R. Beck and M. Ford? Anyone think or know?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:30 am

possibly tyler stiskavage ( sorry bout the butchered name spelling)
jokerttt111

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:I wonder if there was anyone else even in the Region Senior Player of the Year race other than R. Beck and M. Ford? Anyone think or know?

I would guess a few other names might have been thrown out there but I think it came down to the two you mentioned. Congrats to Mr. Beck winning Region player of the year, hopefully he can come out as Senior player of the year for the whole state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby gingahata » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:16 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:
gingahata wrote:i personaly am really mad that riley beck got the senior of the year....i myself think as a runner himself he is good but in a sense of painfully average in this region....what i am saying is look at the blocking the kid had, by the time any defender evaded all of the blocks he was moving to slow and had no angle to get a hit, you could put anyone with any running ability at all here and have major yards...i myself thought that overby ran the power sweep better than him, although i dont think that he is the senior of the year caliber eithier

Well that says something because you must not know a whole lot about football, because if he is region senior of the year than that means the coaches voted for him and i think the coaches know a little bit about football and who was the best player in there region.

i would imagine the coaches base their votes on numbers because thats just the logical thing to do also he only stood out on offense....not defense or special teams i think he is respectable but not senior of the year sorry mr. beck
gingahata

Postby gingahata » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

baseball11 wrote:Riley is far from a product of a good line. How many games of theirs did you watch this year? His line is average at best and routinely turns minimal gains into big ones. Overby runs the ball better straight up the gut, but not on the outside.

i agree his line was average but it wasnt only the line every single person on the team was crowded in front of him making the big runs possible since as i stated earlier if a defender does get through you could just prance on by
gingahata

Postby baseball11 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:40 pm

I don't think you've seen much of Langdon since you claim Overby runs the power sweep better. You realize Overby is the fullback in that offense right? And that the wingbacks take the sweep? I'm not saying Justin never took a sweep, but it would be on a rare occasion since Riley and Travis virtually always take it.

And doesn't every team have "every single player in front of them"? There called the offensive line. I just don't get your argument. Langdon had a much better line last year and lost key components to it yet Riley puts up better numbers. Seriously, if anything that line gets praise because it has some some real talent running the ball (Riley and Overby both have chances at playing college ball)

i agree his line was average but it wasnt only the line every single person on the team was crowded in front of him making the big runs possible since as i stated earlier if a defender does get through you could just prance on by

You're making it seem like he should let them tackle him. His job is to follow his blocks and you yourself are saying he's doing that.
baseball11

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:25 am

Is there some kind of published criteria the coaches use to vote? If I were a coach, I would consider more than just physical talent and stats. I would look at things like dedication, intensity, character, and leadership. I don't know Mr. Beck, but I assume he has some if not all of those attributes to be voted in by the coaches.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsense » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:15 pm

I have to agree that certain players shouldn't be on this list, especially Nick Schaefer as others have indicated! He likely wouldn't have started as QB infront of any other QB in the region. Langdon was a running team but had receivers who could have gone up to catch most balls near them. Not picking on this kid as its not his fault but he was one of the slowest players in the region who had negative yards carrying the ball in most games and may have averaged negative for the season!! Wow!! I don't think the coaches know a whole lot about there own players and then are given the right or honor to vote for other all region team players as well. Hey, it's all politics and the last name for some kids on this all-region list and that's not fair to the rest of the kids in the region and those deserving kids on this team that did it on their own.
sportsense
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:46 am

luckyinlife wrote:Is there some kind of published criteria the coaches use to vote? If I were a coach, I would consider more than just physical talent and stats. I would look at things like dedication, intensity, character, and leadership. I don't know Mr. Beck, but I assume he has some if not all of those attributes to be voted in by the coaches.

Didn't he make all-state last year as a junior?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:21 am

NDSportsFan wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:Is there some kind of published criteria the coaches use to vote? If I were a coach, I would consider more than just physical talent and stats. I would look at things like dedication, intensity, character, and leadership. I don't know Mr. Beck, but I assume he has some if not all of those attributes to be voted in by the coaches.

Yes he did, but I think that Mitch Ford should have been it, but that is just my opinion. I think Mr. Beck is still a very respectable pick for region 2 senior player of the year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 pm

cubsfan wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:

Yes he did, but I think that Mitch Ford should have been it, but that is just my opinion. I think Mr. Beck is still a very respectable pick for region 2 senior player of the year.

Would have been nice to see Mitch win it, if he won it he would have been the 5th tornado in six years to win region player of the year and the other four went on to win class AA and A players of the year. But Riley Beck was just as deserving of it so I can't complain.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:12 pm

beck was a very good back but ford did it on both sides. he was almost in every play and carried his team into the playoffs. i think he should've gotten it for his defensive plays. congrats to beck anyway on a good season
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Return to A