College Prospects

The teams in Class A

College Prospects

Postby UND Fan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:13 pm

What ND high school football payers are being recruited (or should be) by either UND or NDSU? Please include position, size, etc.
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: College Prospects

Postby longhornfan8 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:33 pm

Riley Beck-RB, Mitch Ford-RB, Charlie Wellman, 6-4 about 250 i guessin, he's a pretty dang good lineman
longhornfan8

Postby 21 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:17 pm

possibly Troy Jesperson from Velva, he has great size and is pretty fast for being 6'5 and 250+ but hes only a junior
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:03 pm

No one is talking about any college prospects from A football like the other three divisions?? I find it hard to beleive that McAtee, Ford, Beck, and Sandy aren't getting any offers from schools?? No ones heard anything on A players going to play college ball???
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:46 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:No one is talking about any college prospects from A football like the other three divisions?? I find it hard to beleive that McAtee, Ford, Beck, and Sandy aren't getting any offers from schools?? No ones heard anything on A players going to play college ball???

I believe Troy Dale of MPCG has narrowed down his choices to MSU and MSUM and is probably going to sign at MSU.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Aaron50_07 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:08 am

im going to put another opinion on jesperson...i know the kid personally and not only is he 6'5" 280...he also has great work ethics on the side...............................
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FootballCoach » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:55 pm

WHere is Jepperson from? Any information on him that could be useful for recruiting purposes.
FootballCoach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Aaron50_07 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:08 am

troy jesperson is a junior from velva...he plays offensive and defensive line.
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Aaron50_07 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:12 am

also Josh Weidler is a junior from velva.... lots of experience.. excellent ball player...lookin for big things from the both of them next year.
Aaron50_07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:24 am

Ryan Drevlow - 6'5" 230 TE/DE from North Sargent/Milnor. Next year will be his senior year. Straight A student, Excellent work ethic, and a gifted athlete. He has the speed, size, and strength to play at NDSU or UND.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spalding23 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:02 am

i saw dale lenon left und to go to southern illinois..do you think that will affect any prospects deciding on going to und?
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndman » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 am

any information on this troy dale? where is he from? size? position? stats?
ndman

Postby LBC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 am

I don't know exact stats on Dale, but I did see him play and he is a big boy, very solid. He played ILB for MayPort and full back. He was there most powerful runningback.
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:25 pm

Troy Dale is 6'2", must be about 220-230, good speed for his size, strong like bull. Pretty darn good basketball, baseball, and track athlete as well.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:28 pm

ndman wrote:any information on this troy dale? where is he from? size? position? stats?

Troy Dale ran for around 500 yards this year and was fullback for half the season. His line was very average at best. He also had 105 tackles this season which earned him first team all-state linebacker. He has narrowed his choices down to Bemidji State and Mayville State.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Dru_Askew » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Has anyone heard of Nick Askew? Yuh check his stats. He broke not only the single season sack record but shattered the career-sack record as well. Cavalier strived when Nick did well. If Cavalier even a decent coach with some common sense, he would have also seen what an offensive threat Nick is being 6'1" with over a 36 inch vertical and soft hands...Nick is THE most under-rated player in the state hands down. His coaches didn't even allow him to be selected into the Shrine bowl(although he was an all-state selection). One more thing, check how many attempts Mitch Ford or Riley Beck had and figure out their yards per carry... Hardly anything close to UND-worthy...let alone NDSU
Dru_Askew

Postby Dru_Askew » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Just another thought when comparing Beck or Ford or any back this year for that matter... Matt Anderson's senior season ( I think) he had 180 carries and 30 touchdowns... Figure out his yards per carry... Look where he is now, NDSU.
Dru_Askew

Postby Dragon32 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:45 pm

I've seen Mcatee play and i've got to say he not only has the numbers he has the talent. He should not even look at und maybe a glance at ndsu but Mcatee should be playing big time D1 ball.
Dragon32

Postby longhornfan8 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:53 pm

Dragon32 wrote:I've seen Mcatee play and i've got to say he not only has the numbers he has the talent. He should not even look at und maybe a glance at ndsu but Mcatee should be playing big time D1 ball.

Is Mcatee going to go and play anywhere? and what about beck, i havnt heard if he is going to do anything or not?
longhornfan8

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Troy Dale has made up his decision and will be signing his letter on Feb. 5 to go to Bemidji State.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:31 pm

cubsfan wrote:Troy Dale has made up his decision and will be signing his letter on Feb. 5 to go to Bemidji State.

Good for him... You said earlier in the thread you thought he'd pick MSU, know why he picked Bemidji over MSU?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm

ndfan wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Troy Dale has made up his decision and will be signing his letter on Feb. 5 to go to Bemidji State.

Good for him... You said earlier in the thread you thought he'd pick MSU, know why he picked Bemidji over MSU?

He was gonna go to MSU because it is cheap to go their and they were offering him about half of his tuition paid for,Bemidji is giving him a good offer and he is looking forward to the challenge of competing at the D-II level. The resignation of Ford left him a little hesitant about the direction of where the MSU program is heading.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wombat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:47 am

Looks as if he's not the only one

Three area senior all-state players - lineman Jordan Anderson of Marshall County Central, running back Mitch Ford of Cavalier and linebacker Troy Dale of Mayville-Portland-Clifford-Galesburg - have made verbal commitments to play football at Bemidji State University
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:39 pm

Troy Dale said that he was going to be moved to d-end at Bemidji. Do you know where Mitch will be playing at the next level?
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MT_20 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Charlie Wellman is deciding weather to walk on at Bemijdi St. or NDSU or get a scholorship at Valley City
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Return to A