North Prairie Vs. Harvey

The teams in Class A

Re: North Prairie Vs. Harvey

Postby mike thingstad » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:55 pm

Travis can't believe you slammed us like that. Did it feel good?
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby mike thingstad » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:59 pm

Sorry not Travis but Tanner
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:19 pm

mike thingstad wrote:Travis can't believe you slammed us like that. Did it feel good?
Yeah it felt alright.... :|
baseball1981

Postby 89Dragon » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:30 am

I think the only way NP wins is if Harvey comes in overconfident. If Harvey plays their game which is running and playing strong defense they will win it just like last time

I think the only way Harvey wins is if NP does not play their game again. If they do play Cougar ball there is nothing Harvey will be able to do except wish the Cougars luck in the Dakota Bowl.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:03 am

89Dragon wrote:
I think the only way NP wins is if Harvey comes in overconfident. If Harvey plays their game which is running and playing strong defense they will win it just like last time

I think the only way Harvey wins is if NP does not play their game again. If they do play Cougar ball there is nothing Harvey will be able to do except wish the Cougars luck in the Dakota Bowl.
You make me so dumb. We'll see come saturday.
baseball1981

Postby 07AF » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

You see. That is the crap that gets people PO. Even if Harvey wins you will say it was NP's fault because they messed up. If NP wins you will say it is because they were better in the first place. You give Harvey no credit.
07AF

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:46 pm

07AF wrote:You see. That is the crap that gets people PO. Even if Harvey wins you will say it was NP's fault because they messed up. If NP wins you will say it is because they were better in the first place. You give Harvey no credit.
Not to mention they've been the #1 ranked team in the state the whole year. Not many people realize how much pressure that puts on a team, trying to keep that ranking every week. But it wasn't NP's fault that they lost to Harvey, and not Harvey who beat NP because they played good and NP just couldn't keep up with Harvey's talent. This topic will be awfully quiet after saturday.
baseball1981

Postby heysiouxsioux » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:32 pm

i think that this is going to be the state championship game right here the team that wins this one is going to win state. These team match up very well they both have solid offenses and some great defenses. North Prairie didn't have a very good showing the last time these two teams meet and they seem to be on a roll with a convincing win over killdeer so im going to have to go with np on this one
heysiouxsioux

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 pm

heysiouxsioux wrote:i think that this is going to be the state championship game right here the team that wins this one is going to win state. These team match up very well they both have solid offenses and some great defenses. North Prairie didn't have a very good showing the last time these two teams meet and they seem to be on a roll with a convincing win over killdeer so im going to have to go with np on this one
Hasn't Harvey been on a pretty good roll too? Winning 10 straight games? I don't know, I just don't understand why all of a sudden people are thinking Harvey isin't as good as they are....
baseball1981

Postby rep » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 pm

i dunno...losing leier makes me think that np has a lot better chance of winning than if he was playing. but with harvey's defense it is going to be tough for the cougars to do a whole lot more than 20 points or so. i think they scored 14 the first time they played?
rep

Postby Irisheyes » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 pm

I can't beleive someone can talk trash about Velva on here. Really. 4 time defending state champs, 7 out of the last 10 is unthinkable. OK. Done with that. Harvey has an awesome Defense and Kordell Wolfe is Awesome. Michael Macatee is awesome and so on. Harvey has been in the semis like 5 or 6 out of the last 6 or 7. Upperhand goes to Harvey on that. The game will be great. As far as coaches and talking to the media, Zinke has been outspoken. Co-head coaches on the team and I doubt one person can speak for 40 or 50 people ever. Of course it is going to be a great game and that is why this time of year is awesome. I haven't seen any teams out east but I would put money down that whoever wins this game, wins it. Lets get it on!!!!
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letemplaythegame » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:48 pm

I dont see how you can compare the playoff scenario, considering that this is the first year NP has been in 11 man. (NEW CO-OP) I'm not gonna make any predictions as far as who is going to win. Thats the reason why the players PLAY the game. It doesn't matter what anyone says on here, its not gonna decide the game. I do however think that the bottom half of the bracket is the tougher part of the state though. But I don't think that no matter what anyone says on here will decide the game.
letemplaythegame

Postby sportsdude » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:04 pm

rep wrote:i dunno...losing leier makes me think that np has a lot better chance of winning than if he was playing. but with harvey's defense it is going to be tough for the cougars to do a whole lot more than 20 points or so. i think they scored 14 the first time they played?

They scored 19.

Losing Leier isn't going to be as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Harvey's backup QB is legit. He has a better arm than Leier, even though he's shorter and not as quick. Harvey's running game and defense will be the difference in this one.

And heysiouxsioux, how has Harvey not been on a roll? They've won 10 straight games while being ranked #1 in the state. That is a tough feat.
sportsdude

Postby 07AF » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:02 pm

Don't know how Velva got brought up. And i don't know that any trash is being talked about them really. And they are no longer defending state champs. They are last years champs.
sportsdude wrote:
rep wrote:i dunno...losing leier makes me think that np has a lot better chance of winning than if he was playing. but with harvey's defense it is going to be tough for the cougars to do a whole lot more than 20 points or so. i think they scored 14 the first time they played?

They scored 19.

Losing Leier isn't going to be as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Harvey's backup QB is legit. He has a better arm than Leier, even though he's shorter and not as quick. Harvey's running game and defense will be the difference in this one.

And heysiouxsioux, how has Harvey not been on a roll? They've won 10 straight games while being ranked #1 in the state. That is a tough feat.

I agree.

Renowski throws a real nice ball. He steped up big in the win over beach. Before Leier got hurt Harvey had only scored 12. Harvey scored another 30 after he came in. I think he will do well in this game.
07AF

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:58 am

Why does everyone always say stuff about the past...that is last year and the past is past, just because they were good last year and won state doesn't mean anything this year. What they did last year doesn't mean ANYTHING for this season. You can't say they were good this year because they were last year. They were a good team but dropped off a little bit like most programs do. They will be back up there again though.
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 am

07AF wrote:Don't know how Velva got brought up. And i don't know that any trash is being talked about them really. And they are no longer defending state champs. They are last years champs.
sportsdude wrote:

They scored 19.

I agree, I think Renowski will do pretty good in this game when he's needed. I think they can afford to run the ball a lot and only pass when needed. The key player for Harvey on offense is the Wolfe kid, he needs to have a big game running to get that passing attack going easier.

I agree.

Renowski throws a real nice ball. He steped up big in the win over beach. Before Leier got hurt Harvey had only scored 12. Harvey scored another 30 after he came in. I think he will do well in this game.
baseball1981

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:53 am

You know the funny thing about the posts in here is the fact that it is a bunch of people from the hometowns of the teams playing talking smack back and forth. When either team wins there will be excuses why they won and shouldn't have. If NP wins it will be because Harvey didn't have their starting QB. If Harvey wins it will have been the refs or sideline officials signaling plays to coach Sandy or something like that. This is football. A team is more than 11 men in this division. If you can't win because one guy is gone then you are in a world of trouble. I think it is funny how there is a lot of talk about who is the best player in Class A and so on. You don't see those names in these games for the most part because it is a nice compliment of a supporting cast.

I just hope that on Saturday evening that when everyone puts their posts in about the game that they can give respect where respect is due. Win or lose graciously, give respect to the other team and then move on. Whether you think one team has a distinct advantage over another is a matter of opinion. The teams have made it this far and that warrants respect. Winning 10 games in a row is respectable but what does it matter if you lose the 11th? I have often said that losing a game in the regular season is not rally a bad thing, it gives the kids a clearer picture of what it takes to win big games at this level.

NP has won some big games in the playoffs. Harvey has yet to be challenged. I'm sorry but Beach was playing because of the new playoff format not because they were the best team to be there at that time. NR gave Harvey a bigger test than I think they were ready for. I didn't see the game so it may have been more dominated by Harvey than the 10-0 score shows..... I'm sure baseball1981 will verify that with amazing analysis and unbiased opinion. Guys this is the playoffs, it should be fun, hard fought and then respectible when it is over. Good Luck to both teams in tomorrows game. If I didn't have National Guard I would be there. I will have to watch the news to see what happens. Have fun at the game. I can't wait to read about on this site.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:51 am

I agree...this is going to be a great football game! Except for that it's going to be freezing out probably like it always is during this type of day.
baseball1981

Postby 07AF » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:09 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:You know the funny thing about the posts in here is the fact that it is a bunch of people from the hometowns of the teams playing talking smack back and forth. When either team wins there will be excuses why they won and shouldn't have. If NP wins it will be because Harvey didn't have their starting QB. If Harvey wins it will have been the refs or sideline officials signaling plays to coach Sandy or something like that. This is football. A team is more than 11 men in this division. If you can't win because one guy is gone then you are in a world of trouble. I think it is funny how there is a lot of talk about who is the best player in Class A and so on. You don't see those names in these games for the most part because it is a nice compliment of a supporting cast.

I just hope that on Saturday evening that when everyone puts their posts in about the game that they can give respect where respect is due. Win or lose graciously, give respect to the other team and then move on. Whether you think one team has a distinct advantage over another is a matter of opinion. The teams have made it this far and that warrants respect. Winning 10 games in a row is respectable but what does it matter if you lose the 11th? I have often said that losing a game in the regular season is not rally a bad thing, it gives the kids a clearer picture of what it takes to win big games at this level.

NP has won some big games in the playoffs. Harvey has yet to be challenged. I'm sorry but Beach was playing because of the new playoff format not because they were the best team to be there at that time. NR gave Harvey a bigger test than I think they were ready for. I didn't see the game so it may have been more dominated by Harvey than the 10-0 score shows..... I'm sure baseball1981 will verify that with amazing analysis and unbiased opinion. Guys this is the playoffs, it should be fun, hard fought and then respectible when it is over. Good Luck to both teams in tomorrows game. If I didn't have National Guard I would be there. I will have to watch the news to see what happens. Have fun at the game. I can't wait to read about on this site.

I agree. I havn't talked trash yet. I just thought that Harvey wasn't being givin the credit they deserved so i spoke up. And Harvey does know what it is like to lose the big game. Last year most of this years starters were starting. And lost 3 times. One was in the Semi's. So they know the taste of defeat.
Last edited by 07AF on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07AF

Postby 21 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:18 pm

I'm curious to know how someone who didn't even play football seems to know so much about it. "terrible" is a pretty strong word. I've seen terrible and that isn't what I would ever describe a velva football team as Mr. Lorenz!
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:09 pm

21 wrote:I'm curious to know how someone who didn't even play football seems to know so much about it. "terrible" is a pretty strong word. I've seen terrible and that isn't what I would ever describe a velva football team as Mr. Lorenz!

I like how relevant this is.
07AF

Postby allsport » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Ask Tanner that question. He brought Velva into the topic.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:15 am

Anybody else with thoughts on the game?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:27 pm

well...at least NP gave it their all....
baseball1981

Postby 07AF » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 pm

Good game. Both teams sorta struggled with turnovers. Harvey ran the ball well most of the game. NP just couldn't seam to get their pass going when they needed to. They had a few big plays but got intercepted in the endzone twice. Fun game to watch though.
07AF

PreviousNext

Return to A