North Prairie Vs. Harvey

The teams in Class A

Re: North Prairie Vs. Harvey

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Harvey wins 13-7 over North Praire
lisbon bronco fan

Postby Rattler » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:18 pm

Great game to listen to, fun to see two great teams dual it out. Harvey and NP both played really well. Big plays were the difference in this game, between the long touchdowns and the big interceptions.

Congratulations Harvey, I am sure you will be the State Champions. Good Luck!
Rattler

Postby ND Sports Fan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Good game to watch between two very good football teams. It looked like NP's coaches got a little bit desperate in this game. Harvey turned it over on there own 5, with a 13-0 lead. NP thinks that they have the best RB in the state, so what do they do? After Harvey stuffs McAtee on 1st down for no gain, they decide to try a halfback pass. Harveys rush was all over him, and he throws into triple coverage for an Int. If you're that confident in your run game, run the football 4 times. If they stop you, you don't deserve to win. I think that play call sent a bad message to his team. In the end though, the better team won. Harvey by 2 TD's both times was not a fluke, their D is tough. They'll be tough to beat.
ND Sports Fan

Postby 07AF » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:39 pm

lisbon bronco fan wrote:Harvey wins 13-7 over North Praire

It was 20-7. Though NP could have made it closer a few times.
07AF

Postby 89Dragon » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Ok cool. Congratulations Harvey. Bring that Title Back to Region 3.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rattler » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:59 pm

ND Sports Fan wrote:Good game to watch between two very good football teams. It looked like NP's coaches got a little bit desperate in this game. Harvey turned it over on there own 5, with a 13-0 lead. NP thinks that they have the best RB in the state, so what do they do? After Harvey stuffs McAtee on 1st down for no gain, they decide to try a halfback pass. Harveys rush was all over him, and he throws into triple coverage for an Int. If you're that confident in your run game, run the football 4 times. If they stop you, you don't deserve to win. I think that play call sent a bad message to his team. In the end though, the better team won. Harvey by 2 TD's both times was not a fluke, their D is tough. They'll be tough to beat.

I agree, I was a bit confused on the play calling. NP was in thier own 5 twice. They have a very good back in McAtee but both times they abandon the run for the pass. We all know the result..... Interception both times. Those Interceptions were huge, this would have been a different game if those had been TDs instead of INTs.
Oh well we can all be coaches after the fact right. Congrats to both teams on a great season and Good luck Harvey.
Rattler

Postby TapouTfighter » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:15 am

I was at the game and anyone can argue with me if i'm wrong, but i think that was the most blatant case of a coach trying to showcase his son that i have ever seen. Why would you completely abandon the rushing game (which had been working pretty good for the most part) to turn the ball over twice on 8 passing attempts? They rushed twice in the fourth quarter? Now dont get me wrong, i was pulling for harvey but i feel bad for the rest of the NP team. A prime example is tryinig to pass the ball three times in the red zone (once from the two yard line) when u have one of the best backs in the state just sitting there, and then throwing the int. There were some pretty upset NP fans after the game.
TapouTfighter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:39 am

i dunno...i don't really believe in second-guessing coaches and it was probably one of those things where everyone within 50 miles of harvey thought they'd try and run the ball in, so he would switch it up. could it be a case of just a coach out-thinking himself?

i wasn't there, so i might be completely wrong...i've got a hard time believing a coach would put his kid in front of the team in a semifinal game. that would seem like career/community suicide even if the kid scored a bunch of touchdowns and they won.
rep

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 am

TapouTfighter wrote:I was at the game and anyone can argue with me if i'm wrong, but i think that was the most blatant case of a coach trying to showcase his son that i have ever seen. Why would you completely abandon the rushing game (which had been working pretty good for the most part) to turn the ball over twice on 8 passing attempts? They rushed twice in the fourth quarter? Now dont get me wrong, i was pulling for harvey but i feel bad for the rest of the NP team. A prime example is tryinig to pass the ball three times in the red zone (once from the two yard line) when u have one of the best backs in the state just sitting there, and then throwing the int. There were some pretty upset NP fans after the game.

the quarterbacks dad has nothing to do with the offensive playcalling, he only handles the defense, and the other coach handles all the offensive playcalling
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TapouTfighter » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:31 am

SCOOTER_09 wrote:
TapouTfighter wrote:I was at the game and anyone can argue with me if i'm wrong, but i think that was the most blatant case of a coach trying to showcase his son that i have ever seen. Why would you completely abandon the rushing game (which had been working pretty good for the most part) to turn the ball over twice on 8 passing attempts? They rushed twice in the fourth quarter? Now dont get me wrong, i was pulling for harvey but i feel bad for the rest of the NP team. A prime example is tryinig to pass the ball three times in the red zone (once from the two yard line) when u have one of the best backs in the state just sitting there, and then throwing the int. There were some pretty upset NP fans after the game.

the quarterbacks dad has nothing to do with the offensive playcalling, he only handles the defense, and the other coach handles all the offensive playcalling

Ok thank you, i was just going by what i saw and what the Rolla fans were saying.
TapouTfighter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsdude » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 pm

North Prairie put up a very good fight but you could tell that Harvey was completely ready for that game as soon as they stepped foot on that field. They had the fire and NP just seemed kind of sluggish during warm ups. McAtee is a good back, but if Zinke wouldn't have said that he thinks McAtee is the best back in A, AA, and AAA, Harvey's defense wouldn't have been so determined to stop him. Congrats to both teams on making the semifinals and I hope Harvey brings the title to Region 3.
sportsdude

Postby QB_14_08 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:16 pm

As a starter for NP i would like to say that it was a very good game. Harvey is a very good team. We had our chances and they stopped us. I think our coaches were nervous . . .who wouldn't be in a game like that. I will not say anything bad about harvey they have a good program, good players and good coaches. I would like to think that our program did not do to bad for our first year coming out and would like a little respect on what we acheived in our first year.
QB_14_08

Postby 07AF » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:51 pm

Aight. Props NP on a great year.
07AF

Postby 89Dragon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Yeah props to NP I am father to LiL Number 82. You have laid very good ground work for the future. Thanks.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Sports Fan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:30 pm

QB_14_08 wrote:As a starter for NP i would like to say that it was a very good game. Harvey is a very good team. We had our chances and they stopped us. I think our coaches were nervous . . .who wouldn't be in a game like that. I will not say anything bad about harvey they have a good program, good players and good coaches. I would like to think that our program did not do to bad for our first year coming out and would like a little respect on what we acheived in our first year.

As a resident of Harvey and someone who saw all of Harvey's games this year, I can say that NP was definitely the best team Harvey played this year. I think it is much harder to make the jump from 9-man to 11-man than people think. The only team I've seen that has been able to make the switch and be good right away was Thompson a handful of years back. Your communities should be proud of you and your teammates on an excellent season, and you should be proud of yourselves for what you accomplished.
ND Sports Fan

Postby future star » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:26 pm

NP should have won that game. With one more stop NP would be the state champs of 1-A. :idea:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

future star wrote:NP should have won that game. With one more stop NP would be the state champs of 1-A. :idea:

for as well as lisbon played in the championship, i think that is jumping to some conclusions. that was a great championship game from both teams.
rep

Previous

Return to A