North Prairie Vs. Harvey

The teams in Class A

North Prairie Vs. Harvey

Postby 3nout » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:32 pm

What does everyone think? I heard that the Harvey QB is a little banged up? Any truth to that?
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Re: North Prairie Vs. Harvey

Postby 89Dragon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:52 pm

Should be a great game. I know for a fact NP was embarassed by their poor showing the first time around. I will say NP by 11.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:58 pm

yes the harvey quarterback broke one of the fingers on his throwing hand and is done for the year. I think that NP will win this one by a couple touchdowns bcuz they are just now hitting their stride this season
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 21 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Woah!!.. the world doesn't stop turning when you lose a quarterback. Harvey's D is their strength... These two teams match up very well. There isn't many games where I would put it up to a few kids to decide the winner, but the so called "impact" players for this game will I think deside the outcome... I like Mike Shield, Brian Sandy and the hornets to beat McAtee, Zinke and the cougars 20-13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsdude » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:55 pm

SCOOTER_09 wrote:yes the harvey quarterback broke one of the fingers on his throwing hand and is done for the year. I think that NP will win this one by a couple touchdowns bcuz they are just now hitting their stride this season

Nope. He is out for the season, but it's only because of a badly dislocated finger. He had surgery on it already. Anyways, the backup QB tossed up a couple TDs in the game and Harvey's strength is their running game anyways. And Harvey's defense is pretty top-notch. It's going to be a good game, as was the last one between these two. I'm taking Harvey by two TD's.
sportsdude

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:26 pm

sportsdude wrote:
SCOOTER_09 wrote:yes the harvey quarterback broke one of the fingers on his throwing hand and is done for the year. I think that NP will win this one by a couple touchdowns bcuz they are just now hitting their stride this season

Nope. He is out for the season, but it's only because of a badly dislocated finger. He had surgery on it already. Anyways, the backup QB tossed up a couple TDs in the game and Harvey's strength is their running game anyways. And Harvey's defense is pretty top-notch. It's going to be a good game, as was the last one between these two. I'm taking Harvey by two TD's.

ok out for the season and out for the year are basically the same thing. He's out for the rest of football this year
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Harvey's backup QB is legit. But like someone already said, it's their defense that wins them ballgames. They have like 4 or 5 straight shut outs now, and 3 games where they allowed points. It's in Harvey so that gives them the advantage. Harvey did play a weaker team last week though. I will take Harvey 20-8.
baseball1981

Postby RonMexico » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 pm

North Prairie's offense is legit and will put up points on Harvey, this will be a battle.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 am

everyone's talking about the North Prairie offense putting up points, but their defense is also pretty dang good. This will definitely be a close game
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07AF » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:45 pm

Everyone seems to be talking about NP O and D. NP has scored 338 points this season to Harvey's 313. NP has allowed 95 points this season to Harvey's 53. NP and Harvey seem to be pretty evenly matched on offense. But Harvey clearly has the better D allowing less than a TD per game.
07AF

Postby Rattler » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:45 pm

You also have to remember that 30 of those points have been scored in the playoffs by tough competition as apposed to the 6 against Harvey with not as tough competition.
Rattler

Postby sportsdude » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:34 pm

SCOOTER_09 wrote:
sportsdude wrote:

ok out for the season and out for the year are basically the same thing. He's out for the rest of football this year

I was more referring to the fact that he didn't break his finger and only dislocated it. Harvey will take this one as they are still firing on all cylinders as they have been all year.
sportsdude

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:00 am

I don't know why people are thinking NP has the advantage. Harvey is playing at home, the weather is suppose to be in the 40s and possible precipitation. NP lost to Harvey last time also, so why would they have the upper hand. Harvey also has one of the most underrated runningbacks in the state in Wolfe, who had over 1,500 yards on the season, and Sandy has 8 or 9 td receptions, I think Harvey's playmakers kick NP's hardcore. Harvey's defense hasn't allowed anything really since they played Killdeer. Harvey's the hotter team even though they haven't played anyone that great lately, their #1 in the state, playing at home, with better coaching. Harvey by 2 or 3 td's.
baseball1981

Postby 07AF » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:04 am

Rattler wrote:You also have to remember that 30 of those points have been scored in the playoffs by tough competition as apposed to the 6 against Harvey with not as tough competition.

10 of the 30 came against Velva who Harvey held to 0. 20 came against Killdeer who Harvey held to 14. Harvey may not have had as tough of playoffs as NP. But Harvey played tough teams during the season and kept them to low scores.
07AF

Postby 89Dragon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 am

Whoa settle down sparky :lol: . Regardless who wins it won't be by 2-3 touchdowns. I for one like the fact that for this semi-final game, some people are touting an established team to beat an out of no-where bunch of upstarts with sub-par coaching. The bottom line is the difference between the 2 teams in about a 4 point margin of victory. Should make a great game.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:29 am

I do not know much about these teams, but in games like this it usually comes down to which team is stronger up front. Which team has the better o-line and d-line?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Rattler » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 am

baseball1981 wrote:I don't know why people are thinking NP has the advantage. Harvey is playing at home, the weather is suppose to be in the 40s and possible precipitation. NP lost to Harvey last time also, so why would they have the upper hand. Harvey also has one of the most underrated runningbacks in the state in Wolfe, who had over 1,500 yards on the season, and Sandy has 8 or 9 td receptions, I think Harvey's playmakers kick NP's hardcore. Harvey's defense hasn't allowed anything really since they played Killdeer. Harvey's the hotter team even though they haven't played anyone that great lately, their #1 in the state, playing at home, with better coaching. Harvey by 2 or 3 td's.

Harvey is great this year and I think they may hold a slight advantage, but I think you may be underestimating NP's offense. You say Harveys D hasn't had a challenge since Killdeer, but NP put up more points than Killdeer. Listening to the second half of the NP/Killdeer game I would say NP is pretty hot right now as well.
Rattler

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:01 am

Rattler wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:I don't know why people are thinking NP has the advantage. Harvey is playing at home, the weather is suppose to be in the 40s and possible precipitation. NP lost to Harvey last time also, so why would they have the upper hand. Harvey also has one of the most underrated runningbacks in the state in Wolfe, who had over 1,500 yards on the season, and Sandy has 8 or 9 td receptions, I think Harvey's playmakers kick NP's hardcore. Harvey's defense hasn't allowed anything really since they played Killdeer. Harvey's the hotter team even though they haven't played anyone that great lately, their #1 in the state, playing at home, with better coaching. Harvey by 2 or 3 td's.

Harvey is great this year and I think they may hold a slight advantage, but I think you may be underestimating NP's offense. You say Harveys D hasn't had a challenge since Killdeer, but NP put up more points than Killdeer. Listening to the second half of the NP/Killdeer game I would say NP is pretty hot right now as well.
Killdeers defense isin't as good as Harvey's, not even close I don't think. Harvey's line on D and O is far better than NP's. I think Harvey will have more fire than NP because of some things that NP said after they lost to Harvey last time.
baseball1981

Postby 89Dragon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:31 am

So it was wrong to state that NP did as much to beat themselves as Harvey did? I was at the game. Now I suppose it depends upon which side line you are on as to what really happened from my perspective NP's unforced error's were more of the reason they lost then being over powered. NP will also be fired up due to the fact they were unhappy with there own performance and the fact they have not really received the respec they deserve. Was the poor performance the result of a better defence? I don't think so.

That's my perspective from the NP sidelines, I have seen each NP game and know the capabilities and explosiveness.

Like it or not these 2 teams are very similar. The first game yielded a difference of 10 yards in total offence. Take away the unforced errors and you would have had a different outcome. This is NP's chance for the Re-do not many teams get a chance for that.

They have beat.

Langdon
New Rockford-Sheyenne
Velva 2 times in as many weeks- who was far from having a low year and in a different region could have made a run to state.
Killdeer.

For the last time this will be a great game.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 am

I really think this is a different North Prairie team than Harvey faced earlier this year. The worst thing about being undefeated is you don't remember what the sting of losing feels like, this is a feeling that North Prairie knows from its earlier match with Harvey. If Harvey doesn't comeout overconfident about the game it should be close. I had picked Killdeer to be the team to beat Harvey but the way that North Prairie handled them in Killdeer I wouldn't be at all shocked to see them knock Harvey off in the semis. No matter which way this game goes I won't be suprised by the outcome. These are two quality teams that know what it takes to win. Should be one heck of a matchup.

I don't know how well the teams from the east match up against the west so the finals could also be interesting no matter who gets there. I would pick Lisbon as a favorite to be there in the end but Linton just seems to find a way to win. I'll make my final predicitons about who will be playing in the finals on Sunday morning because I think it is just too close to call with either game.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:04 am

89Dragon wrote:So it was wrong to state that NP did as much to beat themselves as Harvey did? I was at the game. Now I suppose it depends upon which side line you are on as to what really happened from my perspective NP's unforced error's were more of the reason they lost then being over powered. NP will also be fired up due to the fact they were unhappy with there own performance and the fact they have not really received the respec they deserve. Was the poor performance the result of a better defence? I don't think so.

That's my perspective from the NP sidelines, I have seen each NP game and know the capabilities and explosiveness.

Like it or not these 2 teams are very similar. The first game yielded a difference of 10 yards in total offence. Take away the unforced errors and you would have had a different outcome. This is NP's chance for the Re-do not many teams get a chance for that.

They have beat.

Langdon
New Rockford-Sheyenne
Velva 2 times in as many weeks- who was far from having a low year and in a different region could have made a run to state.
Killdeer.

Harvey beat NRS like 60-0 in the two times they faced them combined. Velva was awful this year and Harvey beat them what, 28-0? I think NP's offense can keep up with Harvey's offense, but can they score points when they get into the red zone? I still think Harvey will win by 2 or 3 td's.
baseball1981

Postby 89Dragon » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 am

baseball1981 wrote:
89Dragon wrote:So it was wrong to state that NP did as much to beat themselves as Harvey did? I was at the game. Now I suppose it depends upon which side line you are on as to what really happened from my perspective NP's unforced error's were more of the reason they lost then being over powered. NP will also be fired up due to the fact they were unhappy with there own performance and the fact they have not really received the respec they deserve. Was the poor performance the result of a better defence? I don't think so.

They have beat.

Langdon
New Rockford-Sheyenne
Killdeer.

Harvey beat NRS like 60-0 in the two times they faced them combined. Velva was awful this year and Harvey beat them what, 28-0? I think NP's offense can keep up with Harvey's offense, but can they score points when they get into the red zone? I still think Harvey will win by 2 or 3 td's.

Yeah Harvey Beat NR-S 40-0 and they came back with a 10-0 if that trend continued for NR-S the 3rd time would be the charm. NP can score from anyplace on the field period. Underestimating someone short is a good motivator so ok I will say sure....Harvey by 2-3 TD's wink
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:05 pm

89Dragon wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

They have beat.

Langdon
New Rockford-Sheyenne
Killdeer.

Harvey beat NRS like 60-0 in the two times they faced them combined. Velva was down this year and Harvey beat them what, 28-0? I think NP's offense can keep up with Harvey's offense, but can they score points when they get into the red zone? I still think Harvey will win by 2 or 3 td's.

Yeah Harvey Beat NR-S 40-0 and they came back with a 10-0 if that trend continued for NR-S the 3rd time would be the charm. NP can score from anyplace on the field period. Underestimating someone short is a good motivator so ok I will say sure....Harvey by 2-3 TD's wink
Wow, that wasn't the most worthless post I've ever read. jk haha The reason I think Harvey can win by 3 td's is because their a team that doesn't lost at home much and they always have a good scouting report on other teams. I just think that their defense will be too tough this time around. I think the only way NP wins is if Harvey comes in overconfident. If Harvey plays their game which is running and playing strong defense they will win it just like last time.
Last edited by baseball1981 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:14 pm

I don't think it will hurt Brad Sandy to have his brother Larry in his corner either. Larry has also played North Prairie twice, he has seen what kind of adjustments the team made from one week to another and can certainly help with some pointers on what will be keys to winning this game for Harvey. I know the two brothers talk, and as they say, blood is thicker than water. I think Harvey will be well prepared. I still think this will not be a big blow out. Teams play tough in the semi-finals that's just how it is.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:21 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:I don't think it will hurt Brad Sandy to have his brother Larry in his corner either. Larry has also played North Prairie twice, he has seen what kind of adjustments the team made from one week to another and can certainly help with some pointers on what will be keys to winning this game for Harvey. I know the two brothers talk, and as they say, blood is thicker than water. I think Harvey will be well prepared. I still think this will not be a big blow out. Teams play tough in the semi-finals that's just how it is.
Didn't Velva play them pretty tough the second time too? I can't remember. That will definatley help him out though, having a brother that can give him tips and that kinda stuff. Harvey also is changing qb's this week so do they really have any idea what kind of offense Harvey will be running?
baseball1981

Next

Return to A