Lisbon vs Linton Round Two

The teams in Class A

Lisbon vs Linton Round Two

Postby littlepony » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:58 am

What are your thoughts?
littlepony

Re: Lisbon vs Linton Round Two

Postby 3nout » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 pm

Two squads with a lot of tradition. It's going to be tough for Linton to beat Lisbon at Sandager Park. I pick Lisbon 21-14.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:31 pm

Lisbon better step up the pass coverage or get a good rush on or it could be a Linton blowout.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:50 pm

I believe that Linton will come out on top this time around. They seem to be clicking both offensively and defensively lately. I agree, Lisbon will make this a good game if their secondary is playing well. If not, Purinton could have a big game. Both teams do a good job of stopping the run. This game may come down to turnovers, and who can capitalize on the other's mistakes.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:57 pm

ndsportsfan98 wrote:I believe that Linton will come out on top this time around. They seem to be clicking both offensively and defensively lately. I agree, Lisbon will make this a good game if their secondary is playing well. If not, Purinton could have a big game. Both teams do a good job of stopping the run. This game may come down to turnovers, and who can capitalize on the other's mistakes.

I don't know why you think he will have a big game. He didn't the first time they played. He actually had a really terrible game and was the main reason they lost. Linton has been running the ball very well lately. Should be a dogfight with Lisbon coming out on top.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:57 pm

I didn't see the first game between Lisbon and Linton, but since that game Purinton has thrown for 206, 186, and 208 yards passing. Maybe Lisbon was able to put some pressure on him, but I think he's the best QB in the region, and if he has a good game, Linton's chances of winning will be good.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Linton-34 Lisbon-14

Linton will be able to hurt Lisbon with the pass or run which will make Linton's offense unpredictable, but i think that Lisbon's offense is too predictable and Linton will get them big the second time around.
basketballer

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:31 pm

I don't think they're that predictable. I was at the Lisbon-LaMoure playoff game and it looked like Lisbon is trying to pass a little more this season than in the past. It helps to have a 6'4'' receiver (Carblom) too.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:07 am

No one seems to realize the impact of Kevin Schneider on the Linton team. He is so quiet and reserved that he just blends in. But he has had a huge year on both offense and defense. My guess is that Schneider can shut down Carlbloom. Offensively, he is a big target for the region's best QB. I give Linton the nod.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:50 pm

luckyinlife wrote:No one seems to realize the impact of Kevin Schneider on the Linton team. He is so quiet and reserved that he just blends in. But he has had a huge year on both offense and defense. My guess is that Schneider can shut down Carlbloom. Offensively, he is a big target for the region's best QB. I give Linton the nod.

In regards to Scheinder, on the year he has something like 30 catches for almost 700 yards and 5 TDs. On defense he has something like 9 interceptions.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby LBC » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:14 pm

I doubt very much that Lisbon is not aware of Schneider's abilities. The question is, can they stop him on defense and how much will he impact a team which essentially runs the ball?
LBC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:11 pm

LBC wrote:I doubt very much that Lisbon is not aware of Schneider's abilities. The question is, can they stop him on defense and how much will he impact a team which essentially runs the ball?

Well of course they are aware of him. They played against him once and have seen numerous game tapes. In a game like this he probably won't be that much of a factor on defense but last time Lisbon and Linton did play he had an interception I do believe. The thing about a guy like Schneider is even if he isn't catching passes, he is drawing attention to defenders. Defenses have to worry and know where he is at all times.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:18 pm

I think this game will come down to Linton's ability to stop the run. I know they have been a lot better than the beginning of the season but Lisbon's running attack is a lot better than anyone they have seen. I am going to say Lisbon by 2tds. 27-13
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UNDFan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Lisbon Wins 14-8
UNDFan

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:21 pm

Lisbon forced at least 5 Linton TO's, I think 3 Purinton INT's?? I said earlier if Linton gave Purinton time to throw, they would have success, but Lisbon's DLine was pressuring Purinton all day long. Lisbon was able to capitalize on 2 of the turnovers, and made a critical stop in the 1st half when Linton had the ball inside the 1. Does Lisbon have a chance against Harvey?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby builttolast » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Yes.
builttolast

Return to A