Tornados vs. Broncos

The teams in Class A

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:47 pm

Cavalier has one of the best running backs in the state in Mitch Ford who has rushed for 1800+ yards and is a very good linebacker.  Lisbon has a very good runningback in Brandon Schell and has a few others like Elliot Olerud, Justin Mairs, and Justin Anderson to have the ball off too.   Cavalier has a very good lineman in Charlie Wellman who will be best lineman on the field and have very good ones in Alex Cull, Chris Puppe, Alex Ricardand Garth Berg, but all of these guys besides Garth Berg play both ways.  Lisbon is deep both ways on the line and none of them start both ways.   The quarterbacks might be the deciding factor in this one and if it came down to that I would go with Cavalier.  Karsen Yelle is a very underrated qb and has a lot of big game experience under his belt.  Cavalier 28 Lisbon 20
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wombat » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:55 pm

All of those guys from Cavalier do play both ways, but they don't play all the time both ways... Nick Askew is one of the Defensive Ends and Ryan Kalinowski plays on the line as well on defense i'm pretty sure.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Wombat wrote:All of those guys from Cavalier do play both ways, but they don't play all the time both ways... Nick Askew is one of the Defensive Ends and Ryan Kalinowski plays on the line as well on defense i'm pretty sure.
Kalinowski is a linebacker I believe and that is where Alex Cull plays at too, Askew was a defensive end yes, but Puppe plays the whole time along with Ricard.  Wellman starts on defense but they brought Josh Austford to replace him sometimes.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Tornados vs. Broncos

Postby PA42 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:16 pm

I don't see cavalier losing. I don't know why. It just seems like their year.
PA42

Postby sportsmart » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:19 pm

good reason... We will see that is why the game is played!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Cubsfan it Spencer Mairs and Jake Anderson and I just dont see Lisbon losing at home and Josh Nims was effective in that game against Lamoure trowing over a 100 yards Lisbon wins by 7 pooints are less
lisbon bronco fan

Postby d-stopper45 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Broncos up 13-6 at halftime.
d-stopper45

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:14 pm

lisbon wins 13-6
basketballer

Postby Wombat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:22 pm

This was one heck of a game! just a physical, punishing game. Hats off to both teams! Cavalier played their hearts out and there was no surrendering ever. Lisbon may have had the advantage in being more physical. They did wear down the Tornado Linemen as it was predicted earlier. Lisbon did a great job of containing Ford... Karson Yelle had a heck of a game for Cavalier, hopefully his last pass won't overshadow all the great throws he made in the rest of the game. Nick Askew also played a heckuva game for the Tornadoes. I know they lost this one, but I would sure hope that they at least won some respect on that field in Lisbon today! I know they got it from the Broncoes.

Good Luck to the Broncoes next week. Their crowd showed a lot of class. They were much more respectable and decent than I remember them being in the years when I was in HS. They used to be the most ruthless fans in the state and we absolutely dreaded going there. But today it was a great environment for a good football game and all the noise was positive in support of their own team! hats off to the Broncoes FB team, and Hats off to their crowd as well!
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:27 am

I was real impressed with Ford against the Broncos. I know he probably didn't have as many yards as he normally gets, but his ability to cut back and field vision was very good. He's a very hard runner. Both teams looked good at times on Saturday, but if Lisbon wants to advance, they have to make the most out of their opportunities. At least twice they were inside the 5 yard line and did not manage to score (fumble, and 4th down stop). I can see Linton winning next week in another thriller.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsmart » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am

Linton likes to pass and Lisbon is not good at defending the pass. Could be interesting game. Or Linton could blow them away if the pass coverage doesn't step it up.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby Dru_Askew » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:47 pm

cubsfan wrote:Cavalier has one of the best running backs in the state in Mitch Ford who has rushed for 1800+ yards and is a very good linebacker. Lisbon has a very good runningback in Brandon Schell and has a few others like Elliot Olerud, Justin Mairs, and Justin Anderson to have the ball off too. Cavalier has a very good lineman in Charlie Wellman who will be best lineman on the field and have very good ones in Alex Cull, Chris Puppe, Alex Ricardand Garth Berg, but all of these guys besides Garth Berg play both ways. Lisbon is deep both ways on the line and none of them start both ways. The quarterbacks might be the deciding factor in this one and if it came down to that I would go with Cavalier. Karsen Yelle is a very underrated qb and has a lot of big game experience under his belt. Cavalier 28 Lisbon 20

You name Chris Puppe and not Nick Askew?!?! I think you need to get you info from someone besides the coaches.... Please get some game tape watch a game and tell me about those other guys sometime. Tell me how many tackles, sacks, forced fumbles, recovered fumbles the team had... then tell me how many Askew had....
Dru_Askew

Postby Dru_Askew » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:50 pm

Wombat wrote:This was one heck of a game! just a physical, punishing game. Hats off to both teams! Cavalier played their hearts out and there was no surrendering ever. Lisbon may have had the advantage in being more physical. They did wear down the Tornado Linemen as it was predicted earlier. Lisbon did a great job of containing Ford... Karson Yelle had a heck of a game for Cavalier, hopefully his last pass won't overshadow all the great throws he made in the rest of the game. Nick Askew also played a heckuva game for the Tornadoes. I know they lost this one, but I would sure hope that they at least won some respect on that field in Lisbon today! I know they got it from the Broncoes.

Good Luck to the Broncoes next week. Their crowd showed a lot of class. They were much more respectable and decent than I remember them being in the years when I was in HS. They used to be the most ruthless fans in the state and we absolutely dreaded going there. But today it was a great environment for a good football game and all the noise was positive in support of their own team! hats off to the Broncoes FB team, and Hats off to their crowd as well!

Awesome post from one of the many of Cavalier's best
Dru_Askew

Return to A