Linton @ Langdon

The teams in Class A

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:08 am

Any predictions on this game?? I  think it will be Langdon by a touchdown, Linton has a very long trip to make and Langdon is a tough place to play..
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:31 pm

the bus ride will be tough on linton but i think if linton brings the passing game, it will be all over for langdon because they wont be able to stop lintons passing game....but linton has had a tough time stopin the run so it should be an interesting game
longhornfan8

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:37 am

Linton will win this game by 2 touchdowns.  Langdon's pass defense, or lack there of, is not very good.  Justin Puritun is a very good quarterback and he has a couple of big targets to throw too.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:43 am

longhornfan8 wrote:the bus ride will be tough on linton but i think if linton brings the passing game, it will be all over for langdon because they wont be able to stop lintons passing game....but linton has had a tough time stopin the run so it should be an interesting game

I'm actually going to have to disagree with you. Earlier in the year the Lions had trouble stopping the run but that was when their defense was still young and learning. With a couple of position changes the Lions have been playing very well on defense. On Saturday they gave up only 69 rushing yards on 29 attempts, (2.37 yrds/carry). Will they be able to stop Beck? No. Contain him? Possibly.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby longhornfan8 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:01 am

baller01 wrote:
longhornfan8 wrote:the bus ride will be tough on linton but i think if linton brings the passing game, it will be all over for langdon because they wont be able to stop lintons passing game....but linton has had a tough time stopin the run so it should be an interesting game

I'm actually going to have to disagree with you. Earlier in the year the Lions had trouble stopping the run but that was when their defense was still young and learning. With a couple of position changes the Lions have been playing very well on defense. On Saturday they gave up only 69 rushing yards on 29 attempts, (2.37 yrds/carry). Will they be able to stop Beck? No. Contain him? Possibly.

alright....i havnt seen them since the begining of the year but sounds like they have gotten better....ya i doubt they will completely stop Beck but it is very possible
longhornfan8

Postby auburnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:10 am

Langdon will win by scoring a last second touchdown
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:19 pm

Linton lost to MPCG 20-14 early in the season, langdon has beaten MPCG by a couple touchdowns the past two weeks. I'm sure Linton has improved since there meeting with MPCG. So I'm expecting a pretty close game, probably a touchdown win either way.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 pm

I think it will be Linton 28-14.
basketballer

Postby baller01 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:20 pm

longhornfan8 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

alright....i havnt seen them since the begining of the year but sounds like they have gotten better....ya i doubt they will completely stop Beck but it is very possible

You see the Hatton-Northwood game?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby t-bird_4_4 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:54 pm

You pple really want to know whos gonna win out of this game will its not going to be Langdon that's for sure!!

Look at langdon play they don't have good runners and the QB cann't throw a pass.

Im going for Linton!!!! Score will be 40- 20 something like that.
t-bird_4_4

Postby baller01 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:05 pm

t-bird_4_4 wrote:You pple really want to know whos gonna win out of this game will its not going to be Langdon that's for sure!!

Look at langdon play they don't have good runners and the QB cann't throw a pass.

C'mon now. They are bigger and have way more talent then Linton in the form of Riley Beck.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:44 pm

t-bird_4_4 wrote:You pple really want to know whos gonna win out of this game will its not going to be Langdon that's for sure!!

Look at langdon play they don't have good runners
and the QB cann't throw a pass.

Are you kidding me?  Riley Beck is not good?  Seriously, if you don't think Riley Beck is good than you must not know what a football player is.  Justin Overby is also very good, along with Travis Beck.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:45 pm

baller01 wrote:

C'mon now. They are bigger and have way more talent then Linton in the form of Riley Beck.
They are not bigger than Linton.  They have a center that is big, but not very good and have a big tackle that is alright.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby longhornfan8 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:03 pm

cubsfan wrote:

Are you kidding me?  Riley Beck is not good?  Seriously, if you don't think Riley Beck is good than you must not know what a football player is.  Justin Overby is also very good, along with Travis Beck.

I dont really see how you can think the Beck's and Overby are not good runners.......
longhornfan8

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:12 pm

[user=4399]longhornfan8[/user] wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

I dont really see how you can think the Beck's and Overby are not good runners.......

It's best that nobody pays any attention to people who come on the board and make stupid statements like that. Basically they are idiots trying to stuff people off.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer20 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:48 pm

how can you say that when they have only thrown it 30 times this year
bballer20

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:56 pm

bballer20 wrote:

I really don't think that Nick Schaefer is a very good quarterback at least throwing wise.  But you really don't have to be with the runningbacks that they have.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:46 am

cubsfan wrote:
bballer20 wrote:

I really don't think that Nick Schaefer is a very good quarterback at least throwing wise.  But you really don't have to be with the runningbacks that they have.

They are in the quarterfinals of the playoffs. He must be doing something right.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball11 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm

cubsfan wrote:[quote="bballer20[/user] wrote: [/b]
[user=4697]t-bird_4_4"]You pple really want to know whos gonna win out of this game will its not going to be Langdon that's for sure!!

Look at langdon play they don't have good runners and the [b]QB cann't throw a pass.

how can you say that when they have only thrown it 30 times this year[/quote]

Exactly.  He does a fine job running the offense and that's about all he has to do considering they're a run dominant team.
baseball11

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:37 am

I agree that it the game will be won by a touchdown. Just who will win will deserve it..
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby coachu » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:10 am

I think weather could play a big factor in this game.  Linton looks like an excellent passing team with an improving running game, while Langdon has an outstanding running game that is difficult to defend if you don't see it often with multiple backs and alot of motion.  A nice calm day would seem to favor Linton, while a cold windy day would play into Langdon's favor.  Speaking from experience, it is usually pretty windy up on top of the hill!  I think it's going to be a high-scoring affair myself.
coachu
NDPreps Rookie

Re:

Postby baller01 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:05 pm

Saturday: On and off snow showers early. Peeks of sunshine later. High 39F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
coachu wrote:I think weather could play a big factor in this game.  Linton looks like an excellent passing team with an improving running game, while Langdon has an outstanding running game that is difficult to defend if you don't see it often with multiple backs and alot of motion.  A nice calm day would seem to favor Linton, while a cold windy day would play into Langdon's favor.  Speaking from experience, it is usually pretty windy up on top of the hill!  I think it's going to be a high-scoring affair myself.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby baller01 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:05 pm

Saturday: On and off snow showers early. Peeks of sunshine later. High 39F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
coachu wrote:I think weather could play a big factor in this game.  Linton looks like an excellent passing team with an improving running game, while Langdon has an outstanding running game that is difficult to defend if you don't see it often with multiple backs and alot of motion.  A nice calm day would seem to favor Linton, while a cold windy day would play into Langdon's favor.  Speaking from experience, it is usually pretty windy up on top of the hill!  I think it's going to be a high-scoring affair myself.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A