Cavalier @ Lisbon

The teams in Class A

Postby UNDFan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Lets get some predictions on this game.
UNDFan

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:53 pm

Lisbon will win by a touchdown.  They are a deeper team.  This will be a very physical game to watch.
Last edited by cubsfan on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Lisbon will win by a feild goal Broncos will over whelm Cavilier with there running attack and good defense

lisbon bronco fan

Postby sportfan4life » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Lisbon in a blowout, they'll find a way to shut down ford, hes gotta be getting tired carrying the ball so much.
sportfan4life

Postby MT_42_2010 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Cavalier wins by 2 touchdowns, no one has stopped ford yet this season and i don't see it changing
MT_42_2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsmart » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:40 am

they have lost 3 games so they have been stopped.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:47 am

sportsmart wrote:they have lost 3 games so they have been stopped.

Ya......one of those games were againist one of the top 9-man in the state(north border) and they had to play 9 man when they are 11 man, thats bush.... a number 1 team in the region(Langdon), and one of the top AA teams in state(grafton)
Last edited by longhornfan8 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
longhornfan8

Postby auburnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:59 am

id like to see any eleven man team beat north border playing 9man defense
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsmart » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:17 am

You don't have to get defensive you said they hadn't been stopped I pointed out the facts.  Yes they had!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Cavalier by a td.
basketballer

Postby champs0607 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:29 pm

Cavalier in a close one. will pull through in 2nd half. 27-19 cavalier
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby auburnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:39 pm

CAVALIER'S COMIN FOR LISBON!!
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wombat » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm guessing close game no matter what... If ford goes over 150 in the game then I'll say Cavalier, if not then Lisbon.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:26 am

35-21 lisbon

Cavalier is down this year and they played in a farely weak region this year. 

when the last place team beats up on the number 1 in the region i call that weak
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:28 am

longhornfan8 wrote:
sportsmart wrote:they have lost 3 games so they have been stopped.

Ya......one of those games were againist one of the top 9-man in the state(north border) and they had to play 9 man when they are 11 man, thats bush.... a number 1 team in the region(Langdon), and one of the top AA teams in state(grafton)

Why was playing North Border BUSH......ummm because they lost????

North Border played 11 man defense against cavalier.......they only difference is 2 blockers not skilled positions so you call it what you want but they got beat
toughregion2

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:59 am

Maybe if the last place team beats up on the first place team that is a sign of strength... afterall the last team to sneak into the playoffs from that region, May-port CG who just wrapped up a 3-5 season is the only team besides Lisbon to hand Linton a loss this year... MPCG beat Linton by 1 point, Lisbon beat Linton by 6... that's fairly close as far as common opponents go... Cavalier beat MPCG by 28 and Langdon has beaten MPCG twice, most recently by 20 in last week's playoff game.

As far as Cavalier playing NB, yes they did get beat, but you can't tell me that it isn't easier to score points going 9 on 9 (which it was when NB had the ball on offense) as it is to score 11-11 (which it was when Cavalier had it)... Especially since NB is an air it out team where those wide open spaces help them a lot, as opposed to cavalier's grind it out offense. Toughregion2- Cavalier's strength is it's huge line so taking 2 of them out of the game hurts them a heck of a lot more than taking out two "Skill players" which is the worst term in all of football. Besides, I'm pretty sure that game was considered a scrimmage and didn't count anyway.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:58 am

Wombat wrote:Maybe if the last place team beats up on the first place team that is a sign of strength... afterall the last team to sneak into the playoffs from that region, May-port CG who just wrapped up a 3-5 season is the only team besides Lisbon to hand Linton a loss this year... MPCG beat Linton by 1 point, Lisbon beat Linton by 6... that's fairly close as far as common opponents go... Cavalier beat MPCG by 28 and Langdon has beaten MPCG twice, most recently by 20 in last week's playoff game.

As far as Cavalier playing NB, yes they did get beat, but you can't tell me that it isn't easier to score points going 9 on 9 (which it was when NB had the ball on offense) as it is to score 11-11 (which it was when Cavalier had it)... Especially since NB is an air it out team where those wide open spaces help them a lot, as opposed to cavalier's grind it out offense. Toughregion2- Cavalier's strength is it's huge line so taking 2 of them out of the game hurts them a heck of a lot more than taking out two "Skill players" which is the worst term in all of football. Besides, I'm pretty sure that game was considered a scrimmage and didn't count anyway.

It did count as a non conference game in the standings.    You make no sense when you say its easier to score on 9 man GOOD ONE.  Is that why 9 man football is considered grind it out run orientated offense, and 11 man is considered a more dynamic offense with more options like throwing to a tight end.  Cavalier Knew exactly what they were getting into playing North Border and their offense.  If they wouldnt of been so bent on getting revenge on the year befores game they wouldnt of played this game.  In my mind cavalier has it coming from alot of teams.  North Border poured the coals to cavalier this year in basketball and cavalier fans had alot of bad feelings on that. Well my question is what was it called when Cavalier was a power in Football and beat up on teams weak after weak after weak.  COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.  CAVALIER GOT BEAT BY A BETTER PROGRAM THIS YEAR IN NORTH BORDER PLAIN AND SIMPLE
toughregion2

Postby rep » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:37 am

Wombat wrote:Maybe if the last place team beats up on the first place team that is a sign of strength... afterall the last team to sneak into the playoffs from that region, May-port CG who just wrapped up a 3-5 season is the only team besides Lisbon to hand Linton a loss this year... MPCG beat Linton by 1 point, Lisbon beat Linton by 6... that's fairly close as far as common opponents go... Cavalier beat MPCG by 28 and Langdon has beaten MPCG twice, most recently by 20 in last week's playoff game.

lisbon beat linton by 1. scored a touchdown with about two seconds left to tie the game and then their backup kicker kicked an extra point to put them ahead.
rep

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:21 pm

toughregion2 wrote:

It did count as a non conference game in the standings.    You make no sense when you say its easier to score on 9 man GOOD ONE.  Is that why 9 man football is considered grind it out run orientated offense, and 11 man is considered a more dynamic offense with more options like throwing to a tight end.  Cavalier Knew exactly what they were getting into playing North Border and their offense.  If they wouldnt of been so bent on getting revenge on the year befores game they wouldnt of played this game.  In my mind cavalier has it coming from alot of teams.  North Border poured the coals to cavalier this year in basketball and cavalier fans had alot of bad feelings on that. Well my question is what was it called when Cavalier was a power in Football and beat up on teams weak after weak after weak.  COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.  CAVALIER GOT BEAT BY A BETTER PROGRAM THIS YEAR IN NORTH BORDER PLAIN AND SIMPLE
I make no sense? you're the one who pointed out that 9 man offense is different because 2 linemen come out of the game... and then in the very next post try to say that it's less explosive because there are less options to go to? The last time I checked Linemen were not offensive options in scoring!

9 Man is grind it out??? GOOD ONE! you're on crack! What planet did you come here from? the top 10 teams in the state are scoring over 40 pts. per game, including 2 teams scoring over 50!!!! In class A Cavalier leads the scoring per game with 36, and only 2 other teams in A even score 30 pts a game.... In AA 3 teams score over 30 pts. per game and the leader is only 33.5.... AAA Fargo South does score 46 per game but then 33 and 30.1 are the only others over 30... yup, sounds like 9 man is grind it out compared to the other classes, you're on top of your game buddy!

By the way WEAK means not strong, WEEK means a period of 7 days... for 4 years cavalier beat a LOT of teams, some of them they beat pretty badly, and 3 of those years they were the #1 team in the state and 2nd the 4th year... I played the first year Cavalier won state and until the playoffs started we only played in ONE GAME past halftime... sometimes we'd come out for 1 series to get up by 30 pts for the clock to keep running, but after that it wasn't cavalier's fault that their JV kicked most teams butts in the 2nd half of games!

What comes around goes around? NB beat cavalier last year in their first meeting in what? 2 decades? if what goes around comes around cavalier would have won this year...

"Cavalier knew what they were getting into"... YOU'RE RIGHT, they knew they were getting a non-conference scrimmage. Cavalier got beat in a SCRIMMAGE against NB, I'm not taking ANYTHING away from NB because they've got a tremendous team this season and I am not even saying NB wouldn't beat Cavalier had it been played 11 man both ways. I have a lot of respect for their players, and especially their coaches!
My last point... NB laid the coals on Cavalier this year in basketball... I double checked on NDHSAA.com and the only fall sports for guys in Class B are Cross Country and Football... THIS YEAR's basketball season starts sometime in November I think (not really sure, i don't play BB maybe it's early December)... If Cavalier fans wanted to get back at NB for LAST year's basketball games they'd want to do it in Basketball since some of the players don't even PLAY football who are on the BB team... If they had something to prove it would have been to prove they were better than last year in football when NB beat cavalier and then was denied a rematch due to the reclassification this year in ND.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:33 pm

Well you go watch the defending champs in 9man football and the #1 team in the state this year and see how often they pass the football. 

And last i checked a tight end was cosidered a lineman and a offensive threat. 

3rd last year was the first time North Border has played Cavalier in football so first time in 2 decades dont mean much. 

There are way more sets and pulls in 11 man because you have the bodys.  9man is pretty much straight up and a person of your football knowledge should know this.

One thing of have learned when i moved to the area was that you cant beat CAVALIER they whine if they win they whine if they lose.  

have a great day =)
toughregion2

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:33 pm

Wombat wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:

I make no sense? you're the one who pointed out that 9 man offense is different because 2 linemen come out of the game... and then in the very next post try to say that it's less explosive because there are less options to go to? The last time I checked Linemen were not offensive options in scoring!

9 Man is grind it out??? GOOD ONE! you're on crack! What planet did you come here from? the top 10 teams in the state are scoring over 40 pts. per game, including 2 teams scoring over 50!!!! In class A Cavalier leads the scoring per game with 36, and only 2 other teams in A even score 30 pts a game.... In AA 3 teams score over 30 pts. per game and the leader is only 33.5.... AAA Fargo South does score 46 per game but then 33 and 30.1 are the only others over 30... yup, sounds like 9 man is grind it out compared to the other classes, you're on top of your game buddy!

By the way WEAK means not strong, WEEK means a period of 7 days... for 4 years cavalier beat a LOT of teams, some of them they beat pretty badly, and 3 of those years they were the #1 team in the state and 2nd the 4th year... I played the first year Cavalier won state and until the playoffs started we only played in ONE GAME past halftime... sometimes we'd come out for 1 series to get up by 30 pts for the clock to keep running, but after that it wasn't cavalier's fault that their JV kicked most teams butts in the 2nd half of games!

What comes around goes around? NB beat cavalier last year in their first meeting in what? 2 decades? if what goes around comes around cavalier would have won this year...

"Cavalier knew what they were getting into"... YOU'RE RIGHT, they knew they were getting a non-conference scrimmage. Cavalier got beat in a SCRIMMAGE against NB, I'm not taking ANYTHING away from NB because they've got a tremendous team this season and I am not even saying NB wouldn't beat Cavalier had it been played 11 man both ways. I have a lot of respect for their players, and especially their coaches!
My last point... NB laid the coals on Cavalier this year in basketball... I double checked on NDHSAA.com and the only fall sports for guys in Class B are Cross Country and Football... THIS YEAR's basketball season starts sometime in November I think (not really sure, i don't play BB maybe it's early December)... If Cavalier fans wanted to get back at NB for LAST year's basketball games they'd want to do it in Basketball since some of the players don't even PLAY football who are on the BB team... If they had something to prove it would have been to prove they were better than last year in football when NB beat cavalier and then was denied a rematch due to the reclassification this year in ND.

i dont get why you are making such a big deal about scrimmages....they mean nothing...i mean look at north border in their scrimmage this year against FSHP. FSHP beat them in all phases....i'm not completely shure but i dont think that NB even scored once....and look at it now....fshp is out and nb is still playing...scrimmages mean nothing
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:42 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Well you go watch the defending champs in 9man football and the #1 team in the state this year and see how often they pass the football. 

And last i checked a tight end was cosidered a lineman and a offensive threat. 

3rd last year was the first time North Border has played Cavalier in football so first time in 2 decades dont mean much. 

There are way more sets and pulls in 11 man because you have the bodys.  9man is pretty much straight up and a person of your football knowledge should know this.

One thing of have learned when i moved to the area was that you cant beat CAVALIER they whine if they win they whine if they lose.  

have a great day =)
Napoleon has 2 of the better running backs in the state in Gross and McCleary and they are a running team. That doesn't mean that the best teams in the state for 9 man HAVE to be running teams... look at who's left in the East (i'm not too familiar with the west schools in 9-man)
Napoleon-Running team
Hillsboro-Running team
Dakota Prairie-Passing Team
North Border- Passing Team
2 and 2... pretty even!

Now let's compare class A 11-man's East teams left in the playoffs
Lisbon- Running team
Cavalier- Running team
Langdon- RUNNING TEAM
Linton- I guess I don't really know but even if the'yre a pass oriented team it is still 3-1 for 11 Man's run to pass ratio... I guess maybe you'd consider it a little more "Grind it out"...

"Last I checked a tight end was considered a lineman and a offensive threat" Cavalier Did have 1 drive the other day when they passed it... They threw the ball to their right TIGHT END to get within 20 yds of the endzone, and on the next play tossed about a 20 yd TD pass to their LEFT TIGHT END... I don't think they ever even split out a WR... With your quote supporting what I said I would like to thank you for proving me right... In 11 man 6 out of 11 guys are able to be offensive weapons, about half the guys on the field, in 9 man 6 out of 9 are weapons and that is 2/3 of the guys on the field... i'd say that opens up the game a little more! My junior year the only reason was lost in the playoffs was because we gave up 3 second half touchdowns to the other team's tight end. They are definately an offensive threat and even more of one than a wide out a lot of times because they cause matchup problems if they're athletic.

Last year was the first time cavalier has played NB since the co-op but they've played both Walhalla and Pembina in the past...

You can have the exact same offensive sets in 9 man as 11 man, but only 3 interior linemen need to be covered up on the line of scrimmage rather than 5 linemen in 11 man. Yes you are right there are more pulls in 11 man, but there are also 2 more linemen on the other side of the line to block! It's not like Cavalier had 11 guys on offense to block 9 guys on NB's defense!

and finally to adress your last point, Cavalier is beatable but most of us have been taught how to be winners through great leadership and coaching. Anyone who has good leadership, good work ethic, and good coaches who know how to use what they have can be winners... as far as whining goes, maybe you've confused the word whining with the way I have been debating you by using facts and statistics... I'd love to know who you think whines and when they do this? please enlighten me!
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 pm

I did not realize that Kallinowski was back.  So this gives me the feeling that Cavalier will win a tight one.  Cavalier has a very good tight end in Patrick Askew and Mitch Ford is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.  And I guess Mitch isn't too shabby of a running back either.  Cavalier 27 Lisbon 21
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Cubsfan... That tight end/Defensive End is Nick Askew. Patrick Askew is an all-state cross country runner from Cavalier.
Mitch Greenwood

Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby buckeyes #1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:09 pm

cavalier in a close one 28-26
Last edited by buckeyes #1 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckeyes #1
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to A