Cavalier @ Lisbon

The teams in Class A

Postby PA42 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 am

I think two guys that don't get enough credit for cavalier is Karsen Yelle and Dillon Trosen. Yelle does a very nice job running the offense. He throws a nice ball and really does a nice job on play fakes. Trosen is quick and picks up some tough yards. I was really impress with the tornadoes when I saw them.
PA42

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:26 am

toughregion2 wrote:Well you go watch the defending champs in 9man football and the #1 team in the state this year and see how often they pass the football. 

And last i checked a tight end was cosidered a lineman and a offensive threat. 

3rd last year was the first time North Border has played Cavalier in football so first time in 2 decades dont mean much. 

There are way more sets and pulls in 11 man because you have the bodys.  9man is pretty much straight up and a person of your football knowledge should know this.

One thing of have learned when i moved to the area was that you cant beat CAVALIER they whine if they win they whine if they lose.  

have a great day =)
So you are actually serious that it's easier to score in 11 man then 9 man?  I don't even know where to begin with you.  9-man games are always higher scoring then 11-man games.  You mention how Napoleon is #1 in state and look how they play as a point, that isn't a point!  Napoleon has always been a rush first team, mostly because they don't have an option at quarterback that would be better then their running backs.  A school that has won the last 5 team wrestling state championships is more likely going to be a running offense I would think.  I would agree that 11 man schools may pass more then nine man but they also have way more kids out for football.  There is way more room to run and make people miss in 9 man, OBVIOUSLY because there are four less players on the field at all times.  The number of skill position players are the same.  For example North Border and Dakota Prairie have both run sets of 4 wide receivers and 1 running back leaving just three linemen to block.  Don't know what you have against Cavalier winning.  I don't know why they would whine if they win and I've competed against them numerous times and that isn't a problem.  I'm talking players here not fans because you can't judge a team on its fans or no team would look good because all fans are the same.  The Cavalier players don't step onto the field/court and act like babies they just play hard.  One other thing to you toughregion2 - Yes, North Border is 2-0 against Cavalier in football.  They've only been capable of playing them 3 times since both schools have started a football program that I can think of and it's the last three seasons.  What would have happened had we played them in say 2001-2004?  You have to look at it from that perspective too.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BAS_10 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:47 am

Cavalier will win by 2 touchdowns.
BAS_10

Postby heysiouxsioux » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 pm

Lisbon is going to win this game and they will more than likely represent the east in the state championship
heysiouxsioux

Postby RonMexico » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:09 pm

heysiouxsioux wrote:Lisbon is going to win this game and they will more than likely represent the east in the state championship

And then Lisbon will see their first tough team.....how will they handle it? I'm guessing the Western domination will continue.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Lisbon is going to represent the state and they are going to be worn out barely getting by new rockford and lisbon smoked lamoure lm plus lisbon has homefeild advantage in state final and harvey is playing tougher teams and will be tired plus lisbon has 4 good running backs and the quarter back has proven his worth when needed cant see harvey stopping both the run and pass o and lisbon makes teams commit turnovers and dont give up many points

lisbon bronco fan

Postby Wombat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 pm

First tough team? wasn't the team the beat them tough?
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 89Dragon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 am

First, Harvey Needs to get there that has yet to be decided.  Harvey can stop a running and passing combo.  The difference is Lisbon has not faced any teams that can put a lot of points on the board, Harvey has.  Sorry, but IF Lisbon can get to the big game and get the default runner-up that does not mean they are the second best in state only that the road was paved.
89Dragon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BAS_10 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:46 am

Theres no way Lisbon is goin to beat cavalier there to cocky and bigheaded.

BAS_10

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:58 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:Well you go watch the defending champs in 9man football and the #1 team in the state this year and see how often they pass the football. 

And last i checked a tight end was cosidered a lineman and a offensive threat. 

3rd last year was the first time North Border has played Cavalier in football so first time in 2 decades dont mean much. 

There are way more sets and pulls in 11 man because you have the bodys.  9man is pretty much straight up and a person of your football knowledge should know this.

One thing of have learned when i moved to the area was that you cant beat CAVALIER they whine if they win they whine if they lose.  

have a great day =)
So you are actually serious that it's easier to score in 11 man then 9 man?  I don't even know where to begin with you.  9-man games are always higher scoring then 11-man games.  You mention how Napoleon is #1 in state and look how they play as a point, that isn't a point!  Napoleon has always been a rush first team, mostly because they don't have an option at quarterback that would be better then their running backs.  A school that has won the last 5 team wrestling state championships is more likely going to be a running offense I would think.  I would agree that 11 man schools may pass more then nine man but they also have way more kids out for football.  There is way more room to run and make people miss in 9 man, OBVIOUSLY because there are four less players on the field at all times.  The number of skill position players are the same.  For example North Border and Dakota Prairie have both run sets of 4 wide receivers and 1 running back leaving just three linemen to block.  Don't know what you have against Cavalier winning.  I don't know why they would whine if they win and I've competed against them numerous times and that isn't a problem.  I'm talking players here not fans because you can't judge a team on its fans or no team would look good because all fans are the same.  The Cavalier players don't step onto the field/court and act like babies they just play hard.  One other thing to you toughregion2 - Yes, North Border is 2-0 against Cavalier in football.  They've only been capable of playing them 3 times since both schools have started a football program that I can think of and it's the last three seasons.  What would have happened had we played them in say 2001-2004?  You have to look at it from that perspective too.

Is that what you call what you did COMPETING HAHAHAH is that the game you shot the ball in the wrong basket or was this a different time.  You didnt touch the court to often so i wouldnt say you have competed numerous times. 
toughregion2

Postby rep » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 am

idiocy

closed
rep

Previous

Return to A