Lisbon Line

The teams in Class A

Postby littlepony » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:24 pm

Why is everyone saying these guys are the best line in the region if not state? Don't get me wrong they are good but not the best. There biggest guy is like 220 then from there its 190, 205, 178, 200 they are a very small line and playing against them i know they are pushovers. Yeah they beat us in the game, but that was for differnt reasons. SO PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SO CALLED GREAT O-LINE FROM LISBON!!!
littlepony

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:37 pm

[user=4605]littlepony[/user] wrote:
Why is everyone saying these guys are the best line in the region if not state? Don't get me wrong they are good but not the best. There biggest guy is like 220 then from there its 190, 205, 178, 200 they are a very small line and playing against them i know they are pushovers. Yeah they beat us in the game, but that was for differnt reasons. SO PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SO CALLED GREAT O-LINE FROM LISBON!!!

YOu've made 2 posts and this was your first one "I think Lisbon only has one player that goes both ways. I do agree that there O-line is one of the best if not the best in the state, or in the east for sure."

So one minute your saying they are one of the best if not best, Then you ask a question to why everyone is saying these guys are the best in the region or state when you were one of the people saying they were one of the best. So which way is it?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby littlepony » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:36 pm

Your right I did, but then got to thinking that they really aent all they are hyped to be. There are people like undfan and kg 21 that say they are this unstopable force.
littlepony

Postby baller01 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:44 pm

I personally think Lisbon has a very good line. Best in the state? Not sure. Best in the east? Probably. Best in region 1? Without a doubt. Is Lisbon unbeatable? No. But are they a very solid and well coached team that could possibly make it all the way? Yes. The only thing that kills Lisbon is there inability to pass. In 9-man you can get away with running 40-50 times a game and passing 3 times but in 11 man you have to be able to spread the field and throw the ball atleast.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:33 pm

I know all the coaches for Lisbon and trust me it is not about size you can be 300 pounds and be an ok player opn the line and you can have a good 200 pound guy that knows what he is doing and he will smoke the heavier guy and like ai said i have seen the varsity line practice they work hard thats why they win games is because of there line not there runnung backs

lisbon bronco fan

Postby luckyinlife » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 am

lisbon bronco fan wrote:I know all the coaches for Lisbon and trust me it is not about size you can be 300 pounds and be an ok player opn the line and you can have a good 200 pound guy that knows what he is doing and he will smoke the heavier guy and like ai said i have seen the varsity line practice they work hard thats why they win games is because of there line not there runnung backs

Lisbon came from behind against Linton and LaMoure to win a couple of big games.  I agree with what LBF says above, except that it appears to me that the line excels in the 2nd half when the opposing team's players are running out of gas.  I still put my money on Linton to win the region.  They execute well for 4 quarters and Purintan is a heck of a QB.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby builttolast » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:38 am

[font=arial][font=times new roman]    littlepony, I think you need to get your stuff straight. Two of their linemen are well over 250. The other three are 200+.

You said:
[/font]
[/font]Why is everyone saying these guys are the best line in the region if not state?

[font=times new roman]Everyone? I think you are the only one that has said that and now you are saying their not?
[/font]

[font=arial][font=times new roman]You said:
[font=verdana] "[/font][/font]
[/font][font=verdana]they are a very small line and playing against them i know they are pushovers. Yeah they beat us in the game, but that was for differnt reasons."[/font]

[font=times new roman]What school do you go to? What game did you play them agaisnt?

You said:
[/font]
    "SO PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE SO CALLED GREAT O-LINE FROM LISBON!!!"

[font=times new roman]You started it.[/font]
builttolast

Postby baller01 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:26 am

luckyinlife wrote:
lisbon bronco fan wrote:I know all the coaches for Lisbon and trust me it is not about size you can be 300 pounds and be an ok player opn the line and you can have a good 200 pound guy that knows what he is doing and he will smoke the heavier guy and like ai said i have seen the varsity line practice they work hard thats why they win games is because of there line not there runnung backs

Lisbon came from behind against Linton and LaMoure to win a couple of big games.  I agree with what LBF says above, except that it appears to me that the line excels in the 2nd half when the opposing team's players are running out of gas.  I still put my money on Linton to win the region.  They execute well for 4 quarters and Purintan is a heck of a QB.

That is because they only go one way. In MOST cases stud linemen have to play both ways. However, with Lisbon, they have such great talent and numbers their line only has to go one way. So when opposing players have played 40+ minutes on offense and defense, the Lisbon line has only played 20+. Makes a HUGE difference come the 3rd and 4th quarters.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby auburnfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:14 pm

Ive gone up against jordan stenson and seen a few of their other kids and from my experience and what ive seen they are one of the best if not the best line in the state
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby littlepony » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:38 am

Jordan Stenson doesn't even  play on the O-line. I played against him te second game of the season and he was just getting to no the lisbon D so he was a little sketchy he may have improved...and for whoever asked I play for Thee Vally City....GO BLUE!!
littlepony

Postby builttolast » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:53 pm

You said they beat you in the game? Well if you from Valley City like you say you are, pretty sure you guys won that game. I think someone is lying...
builttolast

Postby auburnfan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 pm

if your going off of the ndhsaa website they arent always accurate because they have may-port beating cavalier when cavalier won that game
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:38 am

I was at the game Valley City won 12 6 Lisbon had 7 turnovers so we beat ourselves in this game not Valley City beating us

lisbon bronco fan

Postby auburnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:40 pm

CAVALIER'S COMIN FOR LISBON!!
auburnfan
NDPreps Rookie

Return to A