Playoff Predictions

The teams in Class A

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:59 am

It will be an interesting weekend to say the least. Two teams from each region moving on to the second round. I think it will be Harvey and Killdeer from the West, don't know much about the teams from the East so I won't even venture a guess. If Harvey and Killdeer match up again it could be a good one to be at. Killdeer went up 14-0 early last time and self-destructed. I could see one hard-nosed game should that match-up come around again.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 am

Cavalier will win in the first round and will probably lose in the second round.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:22 am

ND_Coach wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:After seeing all the teams in Region 1 play, I'd say Linton is the team to beat.  They execute very well and Purintan seems to be able to make a play when they need it.  That kid has one heck of an arm.  Mistakes lose games and Linton doesn't make many.

Linton will have its hands full in the first round.  They beat Milnor-North Sargent by 2 when they played in the regular season. 

I do not think there is a team to beat in the east

I don't know if this changes your opinion or not but Linton was actually up 28-0 going into the 4th quarter when they pulled their starters and MNS left their varsity in and scored three times against Linton's JV to make a final score of 28-24.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:56 am

[user=1515]baller01[/user] wrote:
ND_Coach wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:After seeing all the teams in Region 1 play, I'd say Linton is the team to beat.  They execute very well and Purintan seems to be able to make a play when they need it.  That kid has one heck of an arm.  Mistakes lose games and Linton doesn't make many.

Linton will have its hands full in the first round.  They beat Milnor-North Sargent by 2 when they played in the regular season. 

I do not think there is a team to beat in the east

I don't know if this changes your opinion or not but Linton was actually up 28-0 going into the 4th quarter when they pulled their starters and MNS left their varsity in and scored three times against Linton's JV to make a final score of 28-24.

Haha not knowing that I will pick Linton to beat Milnor now. Thanks for that info.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsman8 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 pm

They may like to pass more than most teams but only two or three yards a carry when there are 9 or ten players in the box is not very effective.  They didn't get things rolling until the pass was used against Larimore to make them play both attacks.  I give a great amount of credit to Ford carrying 40+ times in a game and also anchoring the defense at linebacker, but using the pass more will take some of the load off him. 

Remember, liking to pass and using the pass are two different things.  Balance has it's value at all levels of this sport.
sportsman8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsman8 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:30 pm

sportsman8 wrote:They may like to pass more than most teams but only two or three yards a carry when there are 9 or ten players in the box is not very effective.  They didn't get things rolling until the pass was used against Larimore to make them play both attacks.  I give a great amount of credit to Ford carrying 40+ times in a game and also anchoring the defense at linebacker, but using the pass more will take some of the load off him. 

Remember, liking to pass and using the pass are two different things.  Balance has it's value at all levels of this sport.

Sorry about that, I meant to go off a quote from coachu
sportsman8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby coachu » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:32 pm

At this time of the year, most teams go with what they are comfortable with.  Give Larimore and  Coach Starcevic alot of credit, he had 11 in the box and blitzed like crazy which was very risky, but effective for awhile. This type of defense eventually will catch up to anyone. Even though they were extremely banged up and probably outmanned,  they played like champs with nothing to lose.  It wasn't one of Cavalier's best games and Larimore had alot to do with it.  I believe most teams in ND if they had to choose between being able to run or pass, would run every time due to the possible elements and playing conditions.  Cavalier has traditionally been a smashmouth team over the years and that hasn't changed this year.
coachu
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsman8 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 pm

coachu wrote:At this time of the year, most teams go with what they are comfortable with.  Give Larimore and  Coach Starcevic alot of credit, he had 11 in the box and blitzed like crazy which was very risky, but effective for awhile. This type of defense eventually will catch up to anyone. Even though they were extremely banged up and probably outmanned,  they played like champs with nothing to lose.  It wasn't one of Cavalier's best games and Larimore had alot to do with it.  I believe most teams in ND if they had to choose between being able to run or pass, would run every time due to the possible elements and playing conditions.  Cavalier has traditionally been a smashmouth team over the years and that hasn't changed this year.

I agree with you entirely.  The team should stick with what got it to this point as much as possible.  I was just addressing your statement that they like to pass more than most teams.   I don't buy that from the times I have seen Cavalier play.  Smash mouth is good also, but I don't think it will get them past Lisbon or other teams that are playing to stop Ford. 

Good luck to all the teams this weekend.
sportsman8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby coachu » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:06 pm

The only game we are concerned with is Hatton-Northwood on Saturday or there won't be a 2nd round for Cavalier.  I don't think it is wise to overlook anyone.  This is high school football and if you're good enough to get in the playoffs, I think you're good enough to beat anybody.  I hope teams solely concentrate on Ford because we have alot of other good backs and a QB who can sling it with anyone if given time.
coachu
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to A