Best Line/Linemen in Class A?

The teams in Class A

Postby number_one_fan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 pm

So, lets hear who you all think has the best line or who is the best lineman in Class A, offensive or defensive?
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RonMexico » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:19 pm

Mike Schild and Bob Bartz of Harvey are tough
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:31 pm

RonMexico wrote:Mike Schild and Bob Bartz of Harvey are tough

i haven't gotten a chance to see schild yet this year...what sets him apart as a defender?
rep

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:40 pm

Lee Slykerman from Lamoure-L-M is a tough hard nose player.  Very good offensive and defensive linemen.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RonMexico » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:06 pm

rep wrote:
RonMexico wrote:Mike Schild and Bob Bartz of Harvey are tough

i haven't gotten a chance to see schild yet this year...what sets him apart as a defender?

Only seen him play twice....he's strong, quick, and goes hard until the whistle....very solid fb player in my mind
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KG 21 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:18 am

What about those Lisbon offense and defensive lineman.  Kye Schell, Brent Durkin Justin Reinke, Kris Smith, Brendon Smith, on offense and the d lineman of Logan Carlblom, Jordan Stenson, Ryan Froemke, and Dillon Bishop, and now Johny Carter. they are some of the best in my opinion.
KG 21

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:03 am

That's impressive.  Lisbon basically has a whole offensive line unit, and a totally different front 4 on the defensive line.  How many kids go both ways (all the time) for Lisbon?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby littlepony » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:41 am

I think Lisbon only has one player that goes both ways. I do agree that there O-line is one of the best if not the best in the state, or in the east for sure.
Last edited by littlepony on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
littlepony

Postby UNDFan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:47 am

Lisbons line is outstanding both ways
Last edited by UNDFan on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNDFan

Postby rep » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:22 am

UNDFan wrote:Ya I do believe that almost every team in ND is scared of the broncos after there performance last night. There line is outstanding both ways. For starters look at Justin Reinke, what a stud at center. Next there is kyle schell, he does what his job when hes needed and that is what a team likes. Then u got Kris Smith, Brent Durkin, Brendon Smith and the rest that are all STUDS.

Every one is SCARED!!! :shock:

everyone is scared of lisbon because they beat kindred? doubtful.

i will give lisbon its due...they are the region champs. but in all serious, this is a region champ that beat lamoure 7-3 and linton 23-22...they could just as easily be sitting in the 3 or 4 seed.
rep

Postby KG 21 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:30 pm

rep wrote:
UNDFan wrote:Ya I do believe that almost every team in ND is scared of the broncos after there performance last night. There line is outstanding both ways. For starters look at Justin Reinke, what a stud at center. Next there is kyle schell, he does what his job when hes needed and that is what a team likes. Then u got Kris Smith, Brent Durkin, Brendon Smith and the rest that are all STUDS.

i will give lisbon its due...they are the region champs. but in all serious, this is a region champ that beat lamoure 7-3 and linton 23-22...they could just as easily be sitting in the 3 or 4 seed.
this is also a lamoure team that beat kindred by 1
this is a lisbon team that ran for 300 yards against Lamoure's defense, but were held back by a few mistakes early, and ran the ball on lamoure for the last 6 minutes of the game, take away the fumble at the 10, and not downing it the last 2:00 it's easily 21-3.
Linton was very good.
KG 21

Postby PA42 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:04 pm

Charlie wellman is very impressive
PA42

Postby rep » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:45 pm

KG 21 wrote:
rep wrote:

this is also a lamoure team that beat kindred by 1
this is a lisbon team that ran for 300 yards against Lamoure's defense, but were held back by a few mistakes early, and ran the ball on lamoure for the last 6 minutes of the game, take away the fumble at the 10, and not downing it the last 2:00 it's easily 21-3.
Linton was very good.

sooooooooooooooo...take away mistakes and they score more...am i getting this right? how many teams could say that? every team that has lost a game this year? a fumble is a fumble, it isn't 'well if we didn't do that we score'.

and the 16-12 game against larimore...was that more mistakes? because now we're getting into about a quarter to a third of their schedule and eventually it stops being mistakes and it starts being that lisbon is a team that plays well in close games but could very easily be 6-3 instead of 8-1 because they are close games.

i believe lisbon is the region champ this season because they have more depth than any team in the state, much less the region. schell has proven to be a very good running back, i certainly didn't except his production this season. maybe next season, but not this one.

is he substantially better than any other running back in the region or do they have better players than the rest of the region? i think it is tough to tell because so many players in the region play both ways and with lisbon's depth, it is a bit of an apples and oranges comparision.
Last edited by rep on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Re: Best Line/Linemen in Class A?

Postby number_one_fan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:02 pm

So who are some of the linemen to watch in the 08 season?
number_one_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:31 pm

number_one_fan wrote:So who are some of the linemen to watch in the 08 season?

Ryan Drevlow from Milnor-North Sargent - He had 3 monster non-region games. Haven't heard how he did against Lisbon, but since Lisbons stud RB only had 70 yard and 50 of them came on one play I'd bet he did pretty good
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 am

ND_Coach wrote:
number_one_fan wrote:So who are some of the linemen to watch in the 08 season?

Ryan Drevlow from Milnor-North Sargent - He had 3 monster non-region games. Haven't heard how he did against Lisbon, but since Lisbons stud RB only had 70 yard and 50 of them came on one play I'd bet he did pretty good

I have seen 7 teams play from the east this year. I have not seen a close second to Drevlow.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:14 am

Bobby Bartz from Harvey and Sam Adams from Garrison(Nose Guard)
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A