region 1 playoff picture

The teams in Class A

Postby Diggity Dawg » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:18 am

Lisbon has the number 1 seed no matter what.

but the next 3 spots are wide open.

If lamoure loses to Linton, they could very well be out of the playoffs. It looks like this:

(all records here are region games)

linton is 3-1

lamoure is 2-2

kindred is 2-2

and milnor is 1-3 currently

if linton beats lamoure, they will be 2-3. we'll assume lisbon beats kindred which drops them to 2-3 and we'll also assume milnor beats maple valley. which would improve them to 2-3.

so we could possibly have 3 teams tied at 2-3. if this happens the tie breaker would be like this:

lamoure beat kindred by 1 point but lost to milnor by 11 which makes them -10 in points.

kindred lost to lamoure by 1 point and beat milnor by 1 point which makes them even at 0

milnor beat lamoure by 11 and lost to kindred by 1 which makes them +10. so if it plays out like this, lamoure will be out of the playoffs. and make kindred the 3 seed with milnor being the 4 seed.

however if lamoure wins i am pretty sure they will be the 2 seed with linton 3 seed. Kindred will be 4th seed then.

Diggity Dawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:50 am

if this happens would it go back to head to head after milnor-ns gets in which would make lamoure be the other team in, or not?
basketballer

Postby baller01 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 am

basketballer wrote:if this happens would it go back to head to head after milnor-ns gets in which would make lamoure be the other team in, or not?

I don't believe so. When you have a 3-way tie you take point spread. Last year for example. Three way tie for the region championship. Linton, Wyndmere, and Hankinson. Point spread Linton was first, followed by Wyndmere and Hankinson. If it is a two way tie you take head to head. That is why Kindred would be #3 and MNS #4 because Kindred beat MNS.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:09 am

k thanks.
basketballer

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:57 pm

If there was a three way tie between Kindred, MNS and Lamoure this is how it would go:
MNS would be third because of their point differential and then it would go back to head to head, so Lamoure would be fourth because they beat Kindred.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diggity Dawg » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:09 pm

you're right cubsfan. i was a little confused but i got it figured out now.

if lamoure wins, they are the 2 seed and linton will be the 3 seed followed by kindred being the 4 seed, even if kindred would beat lisbon, they would be tied for 3rd with linton but linton owns the tiebreaker.

if lamoure loses there is a few options: if there is a 3 way tie, it is like cubsfan said with milnor number 3 and lamoure the 4 seed.

but if lamoure loses and kindred somehow beats lisbon, kindred would be the 3 seed with milnor being the 4 seed (provided they beat enderlin) because they own the tiebreaker with lamoure.

i think i got it all correct now ;)
Diggity Dawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 pm

kindred loses, lamoure losing and mns wins...what was that tie-breaker again?
rep

Postby basketballer » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:59 pm

rep wrote:kindred loses, lamoure losing and mns wins...what was that tie-breaker again?

point spread. it goes to mns.

then head to head with lamoure and kindred. lamoure wins.

1 seed-lisbon

2 seed-linton

3seed- mns

4 seed-lamoure
basketballer

Return to A