Is Langdon for real???

The teams in Class A

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 am

Is Langdon for real this year?? I see that they are "running" through region 2 with ease so far, do they even throw the ball at all?? also what kind of offense do they run were every week I see they have 2 or 3 backs all over 100 yards and sometimes one of those backs is over 200?? Also is this soph travis beck any relation to all stater riley beck??
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:Is Langdon for real this year?? I see that they are "running" through region 2 with ease so far, do they even throw the ball at all?? also what kind of offense do they run were every week I see they have 2 or 3 backs all over 100 yards and sometimes one of those backs is over 200?? Also is this soph travis beck any relation to all stater riley beck??

sure looked like they ran with ease last night losin to Park River
Last edited by longhornfan8 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longhornfan8

Postby Jayhawk 13 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:09 pm

considering they lost to new rockford in the opening game i wouldnt say they are too amazing.
Some want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others Make it happen.
Jayhawk 13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TIMJACKSON » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:10 pm

Langdon does not have a passing game but their running game has been very good though.  If they keep away from putting the ball on the turf like they did against Park River they can do pretty well. 
TIMJACKSON

Postby longhornfan8 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:18 pm

how do you think they will rebound after losin to park river?
longhornfan8

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:28 pm

longhornfan8 wrote:how do you think they will rebound after losin to park river?

I was going to ask the exact same question.  I have only got to see Langdon play once this year and they looked very good.  Their running game is amazing but passing is a whole different story.  I heard they lost 2 of their best linemen to injury for the Park River game.  That's what rumor has it, but whether or not they lost these guys they still need to put it together before playoff time.  They play May-Port CG this Friday.  What does everyone expect out of this game.

My guess is Langdon by 12.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am

Langdon actullay lost one starting lineman for the year against Hatton-Northwood, before they played Park River, They turned the ball over 7 times against Park River, They did what they wanted to on offense against Park River, but turnovers in the rain killed them. Also they only dressed 19 guys against P.R. and had five on the sidelines in street clothes don't know if any of the other ones were starters or not but they are banged up and have no depth at all. 
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 pm

its not like those 5 guys would have made a deference langdon still had both becks and overby, what it came down to was which team could hang on to the football and park river did so they won
jokerttt111

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:18 pm

Good point!!!! mark my words langdon will lose in the first round to May-Port!!!!!! Langdon is very average!!!!!!!!! at Best as a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:51 am

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:Good point!!!! mark my words langdon will lose in the first round to May-Port!!!!!! Langdon is very average!!!!!!!!! at Best as a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Quite a call since a week ago May-Port played Langdon on that EXACT same field with Langdon coming out on top 38-13.  Wow, for calling the upset.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:03 am

Region 2 fan wrote:
FOOTBALL_101 wrote:Good point!!!! mark my words langdon will lose in the first round to May-Port!!!!!! Langdon is very average!!!!!!!!! at Best as a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Quite a call since a week ago May-Port played Langdon on that EXACT same field with Langdon coming out on top 38-13.  Wow, for calling the upset.
i was at that game, may-port came out pretty flat and couldnt really get anything going and langdon just walked all over them, it playoff time now, i think may-port will come out a little more pumped up and maybe give langdon a run for their money
longhornfan8

Postby 7-11 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:45 am

MP has a tough time stopping anyone running around end, with Troy Dale plugging up the middle.  Considering Langdon's lead blocking schemes, I don't think MP has the strength to stop it.  And if they throw in some DEnd blocking to the inside on Troy Dale, Langdon should get 5-7 yards a run. 
7-11

Postby longhornfan8 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:15 pm

ya....that is true
longhornfan8

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:21 pm

It just appears to me that Langdon should be the huge favorite in this game and May-Port shouldn't even contend and I know i think that cuz they just blew by every team in the region except a close one with Cavalier adn then there was that other game.   They got completely man-handled, like 36-18, to Park River. Park River is a team that isn't even in the playoffs and lost to May-Port in overtime.  I think Langdon should come out on Saturday easily but that Park River loss maybe is something we fans should also see in this Langdon team.  Or maybe i'm wrong?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wombat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:12 pm

That's the beautiful thing about football in high school... the team who prepares the best and comes ready to play is gonna win
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A