All-Staters

The teams in Class A

Postby baller01 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:44 am

Who are this years all-staters?

Mitch Ford and Riley Beck have got to be the top 2 running backs for 1st team, not?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:39 pm

baller01 wrote:Who are this years all-staters?

Mitch Ford and Riley Beck have got to be the top 2 running backs for 1st team, not?
No doubt both will be 1st team all staters i'd guess Beck would will get it at running back and they will give 1st team to Mitch at linebacker.  just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:06 pm

ndfan wrote:
baller01 wrote:Who are this years all-staters?

No doubt both will be 1st team all staters i'd guess Beck would will get it at running back and they will give 1st team to Mitch at linebacker.  just my opinion.
Mitch Ford is not the best linebacker in the region.  That would have to be Troy Dale and he will get 1st team all-state at linebacker.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:08 pm

You know what else is strange.  This region will have 3 running backs close to or above 1,000 yards rushing in Mitch Ford, Riley Beck, and Tyler Staskividge.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jokerttt111 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:23 pm

yeah region 2 is pretty stacked with talent but if ure saying all state prospects u got to in clude carl hager and jay jelnick under ure possibilities 
jokerttt111

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:28 pm

cubsfan wrote:You know what else is strange.  This region will have 3 running backs close to or above 1,000 yards rushing in Mitch Ford, Riley Beck, and Tyler Staskividge.

Doesnt Riley Beck already have 1,000 yards? I think Ford does too?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:38 am

jokerttt111 wrote:yeah region 2 is pretty stacked with talent but if ure saying all state prospects u got to in clude carl hager and jay jelnick under ure possibilities
Why would you have to include Jay Jelinick.  He is a good football player, but he is not an all-state caliber player.  I think you would have to put Charlie Wellman of Cavalier and Craig Schatz of Linton on the possibilities of all-state lineman.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 7-11 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:36 am

Karl Hager was all-state running back, 2nd team last year; but their soph QB got hurt when the season started, and Karl had to take over at QB.  The soph is back this week, but Karl most likely will do a big part of the QB job.  Too bad he wasn't back at running back; he's still running over 100 yds a game at QB with a small inexperienced line, and a flew past Jelinek on an 85-yard kick return Friday.  But Jay is a good player.  He missed a year with a broken back, but he's got good speed and strength, and he hits the gaps well as a linebacker.  All-state, maybe not as a RB, but possible at LB.
7-11

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:44 am

I know for a fact that Ford and Beck are both over 1,000 and i believe that they are both close to 1,500 for the season so far, Beck was 1st team all state last year and has put up better numbers in every category this year so i think there is no doubt that he is a repeat selection this year.
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Re: All-Staters

Postby gingahata » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:04 pm

just for the record when are all state honors anounced?
gingahata

Postby clubhousemat_23 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:17 pm

gingahata wrote:just for the record when are all state honors anounced?

Idk man maybe some other nd preppers knows
Team 876 for the Chairmans award
clubhousemat_23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:12 pm

gingahata wrote:just for the record when are all state honors anounced?

Coaches will nominate and pick Friday or Saturday during state championship weekend and probably be released some time next week would be my guess.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 pm

First-team offense

Quarterbacks: Justin Purintun, Linton-HMB; Tommy Zinke, North Prairie. Running backs: Michael McAtee, North Prairie; Riley Beck, Langdon-Munich; Kordel Wolfe, Harvey; Brandon Schell, Lisbon; Mitch Ford, Cavalier. Wide receivers: Damien Girodat, Kindred; Bryan Sandy, Harvey. Offensive linemen: Bob Bartz, Harvey; Amos Buehner, Killdeer; Justin Reinke, Lisbon; Craig Schatz, Linton-HMB; Charlie Wellman, Cavalier.

First-team defense

Defensive backs: Kevin Schneider, Linton-HMB; Mike Wagner, Killdeer; Ben Watkins, LaMoure-Litchville-Marion. Linebackers: Troy Dale, Mayville-Portland-CG; Clayton Long, LaMoure-LM; Josh Weidler, Velva; Michael Leier, Harvey. Defensive linemen: Michael Allmaras, New Rockford-Sheyenne; Nick Askew, Cavalier; Joel Helbling, Kindred; Mike Schild, Harvey.

Second-team offense

Jake Tescher, Beach; Brandon Martwick, Milnor-North Sargent; Tyler Staskivige, Northwood; Michael Good, North Prairie; Nate Zachmann, Beach; Jayde Wuori, North Prairie; Taylor Waloch, Milnor-NS; Jake Cahill, North Prairie; Troy Jesperson, Velva; Josh Griffin, NR-S; Tanner Romfo, Langdon-Munich.

Second-team defense

Dillon Bishop, Lisbon; Mike Lee, Linton-HMB; Jon Nelson, Hatton-Northwood; Cody Olson, Harvey; Justin Overby, Langdon-Munich; Cameron Thompson, Lisbon; Drew Moch, Linton-HMB; Cody Berg, NR-S; Jared Volk, Harvey; Nick Cooper, Lisbon; Weston Wells, Grant County-Flasher; Ryan Drevlow, Milnor-NS; Matt Ruland, Stanley-Powers Lake.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A