Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Released Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Teams, (1st-place votes), Record, Points, Last Week

1. Harvey (9), 5-0, 45, 1

2. LaMoure-L-M 5-0, 27, 2

3. Killdeer-Halliday 4-1, 25, 3

4. New Rockford-Sheyenne 5-0, 18, 5

5. Lisbon 5-1, 10, RV

Also receiving votes: North Prairie (4-1), 9,  Velva (3-2), 1. 
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:29 am

Why is Velva getting votes?  From what I'm seen in the boxscores, they haven't been that impressive this year.  There has to be more 1 loss teams or even more 2 loss teams more deserving.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:46 am

i'd say this friday determines their future as far as the polls go. if nrs beats them, i wouldn't guess they'd get any more votes. if they win...i don't know if that would get them into the top five or not, but they should still get some votes.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:49 am

I'm surprised that North Prairie dropped out of the polls as well.  Lisbon has one loss to a below average VC team.  North Prairie has lost to the #1 team in Harvey and blown everyone else out.  Killdeer has just lost to #1 Harvey and barely gotten by a few teams lately and they're still #3.  Just another reason why polls don't mean squat...
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:06 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Why is Velva getting votes?  From what I'm seen in the boxscores, they haven't been that impressive this year.  There has to be more 1 loss teams or even more 2 loss teams more deserving.

Velva should be getting votes.  Their only 2 losses are to the top 2 teams in the state in their divisions ...Minot Ryan (#1 in Class AA) and Harvey (#1 in Class A).  Yes, they're not as strong of a team as in past years (mainly due to only 3 seniors on the roster), this young team does deserve more credit than it's getting.  They also play in the strongest Region in Class A this year.

The bigger question I think is   ...  why is Lamoure-L-M # 2?  Yes, they're a good team and undefeated, but let's break down their victories :

1. beat (1-4) Larimore 14-7.

2. beat (2-3) Hatton-Northwood 14-6

3. beat (2-3) Mayville-Portland-C-G 20-13

4. beat (0-5) Maple Valley-Enderlin 28-8

5. beat (1-5) Kindred 7-6.

It's just my opinion and we'l find out in a few weeks, but LaMoure-L-M might be the 3rd best team in their REGION behind Lisbon and Linton-H-M-B.  

I think North Prairie should be high in the polls too.  Just one guys opinion.

Last edited by ND Football Guy on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikes705 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:25 am

ND Football Guy wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Why is Velva getting votes?  From what I'm seen in the boxscores, they haven't been that impressive this year.  There has to be more 1 loss teams or even more 2 loss teams more deserving.

Velva should be getting votes.  Their only 2 losses are to the top 2 teams in the state in their divisions ...Minot Ryan (#1 in Class AA) and Harvey (#1 in Class A).  Yes, they're not as strong of a team as in past years (mainly due to only 3 seniors on the roster), this young team does deserve more credit than it's getting.  They also play in the strongest Region in Class A this year.

The bigger question I think is   ...  why is Lamoure-L-M # 2?  Yes, they're a good team and undefeated, but let's break down their victories :

It's just my opinion and we'l find out in a few weeks, but LaMoure-L-M might be the 3rd best team in their REGION behind Lisbon and Linton-H-M-B.  

The next few weeks will really tell us how good Lamoure is. They play Lisbon on October 5th and Linton on October 12th....they won't be undefeated for much longer.
vikes705

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:34 am

vikes705 wrote:
ND Football Guy wrote:

The next few weeks will really tell us how good Lamoure is. They play Lisbon on October 5th and Linton on October 12th....they won't be undefeated for much longer.

Didn't Cavalier put up 66pts on Kindred??  How did Lamoure just barely squak by them?  I agree with you on saying that Lamoure definitely is not the #2 team in the state.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:18 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm surprised that North Prairie dropped out of the polls as well.  Lisbon has one loss to a below average VC team.  North Prairie has lost to the #1 team in Harvey and blown everyone else out.  Killdeer has just lost to #1 Harvey and barely gotten by a few teams lately and they're still #3.  Just another reason why polls don't mean squat...

Since Killdeer lost to Harvey, they have won every game by two or more touchdowns. So you may want to rethink that statement.
letsgosox

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:42 pm

They've beat Kenmare 17-0 and Stanley 21-6 this year.  Kenmare has gotten blown out by tough teams they've played this year and barely gotten by a couple weak teams.  I don't think Stanley has won a game yet this year.  They also beat Watford 8-0 and I don't think Watford has lived up to expectations this season.  Their only big win was against Beach 35-6.  North Prairie hasn't had a team come within 30 of them this year besides losing to Harvey.  North Prairie beat Stanley 46-0 and plays Kenmare tomorrow night.  You can't tell me Killdeer belongs in the polls before North Prairie.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:11 pm

ND Football Guy wrote:

probably cuz they are 1 of the 3 undefeated teams in the state. Margin of victory isnt a big deal. it is being able to come out with the W.
basketballer

Postby letsrap » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:12 pm

the Loboes have a tradition of success.  They always have a strong defense and solid running game.  They have missed the playoffs three times since 1989.  They are getting the respect they deserve in the polls and even in years past they never really blow anyone they just know how to win.  Good coaching and hard working kids who believe in the system.  They could very easily be representing the east in the championship this year.
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:23 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:They've beat Kenmare 17-0 and Stanley 21-6 this year.  Kenmare has gotten blown out by tough teams they've played this year and barely gotten by a couple weak teams.  I don't think Stanley has won a game yet this year.  They also beat Watford 8-0 and I don't think Watford has lived up to expectations this season.  Their only big win was against Beach 35-6.  North Prairie hasn't had a team come within 30 of them this year besides losing to Harvey.  North Prairie beat Stanley 46-0 and plays Kenmare tomorrow night.  You can't tell me Killdeer belongs in the polls before North Prairie.

Killdeer may not put alot of points on the board, but their defense makes up for that. Besides for giving up 29 to Harvey, they have given up 12 points in 4 games. Even with the harvey game, they are still giving up only about 8 points a game. Did you forget that Watford is the defending state AA champions? So don't try to downplay that win. Both teams will be in the mix towards the end of the year so polls don't really matter right now, but for the sake of argument, Killdeer deserves their spot in the polls.
letsgosox

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:14 pm

vikes705 wrote:
ND Football Guy wrote:

Pretty bold statement I must say.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:18 am

letsgosox wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:They've beat Kenmare 17-0 and Stanley 21-6 this year.  Kenmare has gotten blown out by tough teams they've played this year and barely gotten by a couple weak teams.  I don't think Stanley has won a game yet this year.  They also beat Watford 8-0 and I don't think Watford has lived up to expectations this season.  Their only big win was against Beach 35-6.  North Prairie hasn't had a team come within 30 of them this year besides losing to Harvey.  North Prairie beat Stanley 46-0 and plays Kenmare tomorrow night.  You can't tell me Killdeer belongs in the polls before North Prairie.

Killdeer may not put alot of points on the board, but their defense makes up for that. Besides for giving up 29 to Harvey, they have given up 12 points in 4 games. Even with the harvey game, they are still giving up only about 8 points a game. Did you forget that Watford is the defending state AA champions? So don't try to downplay that win. Both teams will be in the mix towards the end of the year so polls don't really matter right now, but for the sake of argument, Killdeer deserves their spot in the polls.

I'm not saying that Killdeer doesn't deserve their spot in the poll.  I'm just making an argument that North Prairie deserves to be right up there with them. 
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to A