cavalier football

The teams in Class A

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:48 am

6-Time State Chump wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:[user=4312]c-man50[/user] wrote:
has anyone noticed that cavaliers football program has been going down the drain after being the biggest power house in ND i feel really bad for them i dont know about anyone else but I think they're missing Rod Oksendahl, but i'll give mitch ford alot of credit for carrying his team to a few wins, anyone else know any teams kinda like the tornados

Shanley is winless this year and who is thier assistant coach?? hummmm. Oh yeah Rod Oksendahl.
Ummm....and what are you getting at? 

Shanley could have Vince Lombardi as their head coach and they would not have won this year.  Give Oksendahl some time to get his influence in on that program and you'll see them turn it around.  They aren't goign to turn into the Cavalier dynasty in 3 years by any means but there is going to be an improvement.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wombat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:20 am

Oksendahl may have some influence on this team, but remember, he's only the ASSISTANT coach... Steve Laqua is the head coach and I'm sure a very good one at that! He knows the game of football inside and out and did learn a lot under Oksendahl in high school.

Give them a few years to set up a weight training program for their team (that gets enforced) and to set up their own system. It's not easy for high school kids to have to learn new systems and I'm sure that Laqua and Oksendahl have a much different system than the last coach that was there.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A