regoin 2 so far

The teams in Class A

Postby jokerttt111 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:30 pm

i think this region was once a power house just seemed to lose it the last few seasons
jokerttt111

Postby cubsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 am

jokerttt111 wrote:i think this region was once a power house just seemed to lose it the last few seasons
I would say that it lost some of its power last year.  Two years ago it had Cavalier play in the state championship, Larimore play in the state semi-finals and Park River played in the quarterfinals, and MPCG lost on a last second play or else they would have been in the quarterfinals too.  Thompson was a good team that year, so was Northern Cass.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:31 am

Northern Cass and Thompson all both 9man now, so I guess you could say the region has lost some of its power.  Also, Cavalier and Larimore aren't the top teams in the state like they used to be 3-5 years ago.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 7-11 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 am

Larimore was undefeated and No. 2 last year until QB and all-state CB Sam Hager got injured in the opening round.  They beat Kindred with Karl Hager at QB without any prior snaps, but they missed Sam tremendously against WL in the quarterfinals.  If you saw him in the Shrine game, it would confirm how much.  Larimore also played in the semi-final 2 years ago (Cavalier), and in the finals 3 years ago (Velva).  They were undefeated 4 years ago until they met Stanley in the playoffs.  Last year's team was arguably their most potent scoring team, so your timing is off with the 3-5 years issue.  They've been at their best the last 3 years, but unfortunately, it's probably not going to get back to that level ever again with the declining enrollment.
Last edited by 7-11 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
7-11

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:52 am

Looks like Langdon is the team 2 beat in this region now!! They are running the ball all over people in this region!!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Return to A