Region 1

The teams in Class A

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:05 am

Now that we are a few games into the region schedule, what does everyone think about Region 1 football? Here is how I see it playing out:

1. Linton - Strong quarterback, developing line, and a defense that seems to be coming together.

2. Lisbon - 4 solid RBs, and probably the best line in the region, stingy D, but questions at QB.

3. LaMoure - Watkins at QB is solid, better that average D. Long at RB runs hard.

4. Milnor-North Sargent - Their game with Kindred will be a shoot-out, but the tie-breaker goes to the more physical team.

I expect a Region 1 team to be representing the East in the Dakota Bowl this year.

Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Your top three are the right teams but in the wrong order.  It will be Lisbon, Linton than Lamoure.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:10 pm

I gotta agree with cubsfan Lisbon will most likely be the number one seed out of region 1 and Linton and LaMoure will duke it out for the 2nd seed.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:59 pm

Linton plays Lisbon this weekend, LaMoure plays Lisbon the next weekend, and Linton plays LaMoure the following weekend.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:Now that we are a few games into the region schedule, what does everyone think about Region 1 football? Here is how I see it playing out:

1. Linton - Strong quarterback, developing line, and a defense that seems to be coming together.

2. Lisbon - 4 solid RBs, and probably the best line in the region, stingy D, but questions at QB.

3. LaMoure - Watkins at QB is solid, better that average D. Long at RB runs hard.

4. Milnor-North Sargent - Their game with Kindred will be a shoot-out, but the tie-breaker goes to the more physical team.

I expect a Region 1 team to be representing the East in the Dakota Bowl this year.

1. lisbon

2. linton

3. lamoure

4. milnor-ns

it is all close. any of these teams could win.

i give lamoure the defensive edge over everyone.

lisbon good line and rb's.

linton- all i know is the qb is good but i know nothing else.

milnor-ns- know nothing about them i am just putting them #4 because of what has been said about them or here.
basketballer

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:05 am

This is a pivotal time of year for the Region 1 teams.  Every team has gotten better with each game.  But Lisbon is definitely the team to beat.  Had they not lost to VC the first game, they would be ranked #2 instead of LaMoure.  IMO, it comes down to which team can stay healthy and stay focused. 
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:19 am

Fun time of year. I agree with some posts above. Lisbon is the team to beat and I say the number one team until someone in the region beats them.

Linton has Purintun and some nice skill guys around him. Lost lot of line from last year, but people improving weekly.

MNS- don't know much but have heard good things from other area players and fans.

LaMoure-Watkins leadership and several guys stepping up have put them at 5-0. A very admirable job by coaching staff and players working seemingly pretty hard. They will need to continue to get top performances out of key guys or could drop 3 in a row.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lisbon bronco fan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:35 pm

I got Lisbon #1 seed LaMoure will get #2 seed the arre still undefeated and linton will get #3 they are not as good as last year losing to mayport in double ot and milnor/north sargent will be #4 it will be a close game between kindred and milnor north sargent but they will win it in the fourth quarter
lisbon bronco fan

Postby basketballer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:50 pm

well lamoure just lost to milnor-ns 30-19

milnor is a very tough team. i was impressed with them.

two first half turnovers came back to haunt lamoure. both milnor ns capitalized on.
basketballer

Return to A