Released Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Teams, (1st-place votes), Record, Points, Last Week

1. Harvey (8), 2-0, 44, 1

2. Killdeer (1), 2-0, 37, 2

3. LaMoure-L-M 2-0, 22, T4

4. Velva 1-1, 10, T4

T5. New Rockford-Sheyenne 2-0, 8, NR

T5. North Prairie 2-0, 8, NR

Also receiving votes: Linton-H-M-B (1-1) 3, Lisbon (2-1) 3.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:43 am

scc wrote:I'm confused.  How did Linton-HMB receive votes after losing to MPCG at home?

I'm still confused as to how they made the polls in the first place. This team isn't going anywhere this year and is going to have a tough time making the playoffs let alone making noise.

The only answer I can give you to your question is it's the same reason Velva still was receiving votes after they lost their first game. Usually teams that finish 1-2 in the state the year before usually get strong votes for next year no matter how bad they may be.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luckyinlife » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:33 pm

LaMoure at #3 is a stretch.  They have a tough region with Kindred, Lisbon, Linton, Enderlin/MV, and new comer Milnor/North Sargent.  But right now they are the team to watch and to beat. 

LaMoure plays at MPCG Friday night. 
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:22 pm

LLM has started nicely.  Young and thin depth. Lisbon is probably top team in region until beaten by an A team.

LLM will be battling for a playoff spot. They look to be around a while as usual with big and good soph class and some decent juniors.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:51 am

bballuvr wrote:LLM has started nicely.  Young and thin depth. Lisbon is probably top team in region until beaten by an A team.

LLM will be battling for a playoff spot. They look to be around a while as usual with big and good soph class and some decent juniors.

i think if watkins goes down their offense is likely done. he seems to be coming up with big plays in their first two games of the season.
rep

Postby ndfan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:10 pm

[user=4114]luckyinlife[/user] wrote:
LaMoure at #3 is a stretch.  They have a tough region with Kindred, Lisbon, Linton, Enderlin/MV, and new comer Milnor/North Sargent.  But right now they are the team to watch and to beat. 

LaMoure plays at MPCG Friday night. 

Lamoure and MPCG tied at 7 @ the half
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:09 pm

baller01 wrote:
scc wrote:I'm confused.  How did Linton-HMB receive votes after losing to MPCG at home?

I'm still confused as to how they made the polls in the first place. This team isn't going anywhere this year and is going to have a tough time making the playoffs let alone making noise.

The only answer I can give you to your question is it's the same reason Velva still was receiving votes after they lost their first game. Usually teams that finish 1-2 in the state the year before usually get strong votes for next year no matter how bad they may be.

The only reason I could see Velva being in the poll after losing their first game was because that loss was to Minot Ryan in the AA class. I don't think Velva's ranking will hold up much longer. As a matter of fact they could have a hard time making the playoffs this year. That region is quite salty with teams like North Border, Kenmare, Harvey, New Rockford around and in their schedule they could have a long hard road in the coming weeks.
Last edited by A - Football Fan on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby allsport » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:15 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
baller01 wrote:

The only reason I could see Velva being in the poll after losing their first game was because that loss was to Minot Ryan in the AA class. I don't think Velva's ranking will hold up much longer. As a matter of fact they could have a hard time making the playoffs this year. That region is quite salty with teams like North Border, Kenmare, Harvey, New Rockford around and in their schedule they could have a long hard road in the coming weeks.
Do you mean North Prairie instead of North Border?
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the low down » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
baller01 wrote:

It's hard to fathom that someone is referring to Velva when speaking like that.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:56 am

the low down wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:
baller01 wrote:

It's hard to fathom that someone is referring to Velva when speaking like that.

Yes I did mean North Prairie. Velva is down this year though. As the year progresses we will see how they develop. They play Harvey next week so we will see how the yougnsters from Velva fare. Velva only has three seniors and from what I hear only one really plays a lot. Next year they look to be a force once again with kids that came up in a Jr. High program that never gave up a point in their games.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A