Sleeper teams

The teams in Class A

Postby UNC1 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:22 am

i was just wonder what all teams could pull out that upset i think bowman can pull one out
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Milnor/North Sargent.  After their disasterous trip to 11 man two years ago many will write them off, but they have some athletes returning and should be in playoff contention, maybe even fight for the region title
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:35 pm

I'm going to say the sleeper team in that region, region 1, is going to be Kindred. Lisbon and LaMoure will be the top two teams in region 1 but I'd say Kindred has the best shot at maybe being one of the teams to upset them.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:09 am

UNC1 wrote:i was just wonder what all teams could pull out that upset i think bowman can pull one out

Bowman is in Class AA.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby evancounts » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:09 pm

north prairie will be good
evancounts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hunterlaf » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:12 am

stanley will be good this year
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Thunder66 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:54 pm

you two make some good arguments, its hard to make a case against facts like that
Thunder66

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am

Hunterlaf wrote:stanley will be good this year

What? They have been beat twice and we're going into week 3 this week. I would have to say that this is a building year at best for Stanley. I find it hard to believe that Stanley AND Velva are off this year opening the door for a new state champion which will probably be Harvey the only other school to win a state A title.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:39 am

Where the heck did New Rockford come from?

I guess they would be considered a sleeper team.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:40 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Where the heck did New Rockford come from?

they did make the playoffs last season, but i don't know if anyone took them seriously...they seem to have a decent running game with allmaras, but i'm not positive on stats and what-not.
rep

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:54 pm

rep wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Where the heck did New Rockford come from?

they did make the playoffs last season, but i don't know if anyone took them seriously...they seem to have a decent running game with allmaras, but i'm not positive on stats and what-not.

There big runner to take down is Brandon Kolsted very big boy allmaras is more of ur least worrys with out his bigs boys  he aint nuttin very small!! Kolsted would have to be leader of there team!!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:01 am

New Rockford is a small town that alwys ends up putting together a good football team. They are tough and I think, they should be getting some votes in the A poll soon if not tonight. Yes, they are a sleeper team.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 am

With 4 games behind us, it is time to bring this thread back to life.  Who are the sleeper teams that are showing some spark?  What do these teams have going for them that is bringing them success?

And what happened to some of the previously picked sleeper teams that have not performed?

luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 am

I think an team with some upside is Milnor-North Sargent.

Are they going to win state? No.

But are they going to wins some games and make some teams worry?  I think so.

Another team that is playing well considering all that's happened is Hatton-Northwood.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Nodak Guy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:13 am

You are right with both Hatton-Northwood and Milnor.  Milnor-North Sargent has some talent.  Good backs and receivers.  The talent is there to get into the play-offs. 

My questions is:  What teams haven't lived up to the hype?  There have got to be a couple out there.... 
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:13 pm

Very few disapointments this year, One would be Linton, another would be the AA west confrence, still a lot of tough teams this year but not as dominate as I would have thought, Minot Ryan is a mild supprise to me but I think they are still beatable.

Biggest sleeper is St. John....
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:26 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Very few disapointments this year, One would be Linton, another would be the AA west confrence, still a lot of tough teams this year but not as dominate as I would have thought, Minot Ryan is a mild supprise to me but I think they are still beatable.

Biggest sleeper is St. John....

I'm very curious as to how you think Linton is a disapointment since anyone in their right mind wouldn't have picked them to do anything from the start of the season. Sure they were ranked in the top 5 once the first polls came out but name a team that finished 1 or 2 in the state that isn't ranked the next year. They have no line, no skill players, and a shaky defense. I don't know how a team could be considered a disapointment when nothing was expected from them in the first place.
Last edited by baller01 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:24 am

Disapointment because of preseason hype, disapointment because of their program and tradition, disapointment because they always seem to put a competetive team on the field. Disapointment because I think that their region is weak this year.

Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Disapointment because of preseason hype, disapointment because of their program and tradition, disapointment because they always seem to put a competetive team on the field. Disapointment because I think that their region is weak this year.

I would have to disagree with you on saying that region 1 is weak. Every team in this region is competative i would have to say, Lamoure-L-M is ranked second in state, Lisbon, and Linton both are recieving votes, Kindred is a competative team, and Maple-Valley Enderlin is young but has some good athletes, and i dont really know much about Milnor-North Sargent, but i see they have been competing with some good teams.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:06 am

I have to disagree right back, Lamoure is second in state but they will most likely finish second in their region. Lisbon is the only team that will make some noise in the playoffs.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:17 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:I have to disagree right back, Lamoure is second in state but they will most likely finish second in their region. Lisbon is the only team that will make some noise in the playoffs.

I think your underestimating some of the teams in this region.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:04 am

Do region 1 & 2 match up with each other in the playoffs this year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mailman_25 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:17 am

I think the first round and quarterfinals are in your Region. Then Region 1 and 2 will match up in the semi-finals.
Last edited by Mailman_25 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:20 am

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A Division First Round, Oct. 20[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Region 1 #1 vs. Region 1 #4
Region 1 #2 vs. Region 1 #3
Region 2 #2 vs. Region 2 #3
Region 2 #1 vs. Region 2 #4
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Region 3 #1 vs. Region 3 #4
Region 3 #2 vs. Region 3 #3
Region 4 #2 vs. Region 4 #3
Region 4 #1 vs. Region 4 #4
(Cross-Bracketing will take place in the second round of Division A
[/font]
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:23 am

[font=Arial]I posted the same thing as Gridiron Guru right above this except 3 minutes later. So I got nothin.  [/font]
[font=Arial][/font] 
Last edited by A - Football Fan on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to A