Pigskin Preview

The teams in Class A

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:15 pm

Has anyone heard when when can get our hands on the 2007 "Pigskin Preview?"  I was looking at some old posts from last August and September on this website and saw that it didn't come out until September 9th last fall.  Ray does a great job with it, BUT I just hope like Hoopster does ... that it comes out 2 or 3 weeks BEFORE the season, not 2 or 3 weeks after it's started. 

Here's the only link I could find on any information about it :

http://www.the-printers.com/Periodicals.asp

ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:38 am

I enjoyed reading it but I would like to see some predictions on all the conferences.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm

cubsfan wrote:I enjoyed reading it but I would like to see some predictions on all the conferences.

Agree 100%. I was actually really disapointed when I saw they didn't have that.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm

why?
rep

Postby baller01 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:30 pm

rep wrote:why?
Cause it's fun to see who is expected to be good. Who's expected to be the underdogs. Then you can compare when the season is done how close the pics were. That's whats great about the Hoopster. Got your preseason favorites. Whos got the "X" on there back. Then you once the season is done you can see how it played out compared to what it was projected.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:42 pm

i dunno...all anyone does when picks come out is complain, 'so and so doesn't get any respect'. good riddance.
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 pm

predictions by who? how? the writers? no way they can give much more than a guess after sifting through all those team reports. The press? Not a chance...not on a statewide level. I like the meat and potatoes. Who's coaching/who's coming back, who isnt. take it for what it is.....but I think the current prodcut by Scooter, Gordon and The Printers is dang good for ND.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:15 pm

point/center wrote:predictions by who? how? the writers? no way they can give much more than a guess after sifting through all those team reports. The press? Not a chance...not on a statewide level. I like the meat and potatoes. Who's coaching/who's coming back, who isnt. take it for what it is.....but I think the current prodcut by Scooter, Gordon and The Printers is dang good for ND.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:23 pm

wasnt a shot at the press or any invidvidual. My point/center is that why hang the press out on a limb....just so EVERYBODY can cut the branch off. I've no doubt in the Sun coverage area you'd do a GREAT job rolling out. But expecting a Jamestown Sun rep to predict how Divide County does? how...better yet...why. Why would you or should you spend time (energy/money) to throw out some predicitons for a Region on the other side of your coverage area? Just so they can put your predicitions on the locker room wall......

like  i said, wasnt trying to stir the pot.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:26 pm

point/center wrote:wasnt a shot at the press or any invidvidual. My point/center is that why hang the press out on a limb....just so EVERYBODY can cut the branch off. I've no doubt in the Sun coverage area you'd do a GREAT job rolling out. But expecting a Jamestown Sun rep to predict how Divide County does? how...better yet...why. Why would you or should you spend time (energy/money) to throw out some predicitons for a Region on the other side of your coverage area? Just so they can put your predicitions on the locker room wall......

i've got nothing...no witty comeback...all i had was the zing and then i exhaused my ammo. :paper:
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:30 pm

rep wrote:
point/center wrote:wasnt a shot at the press or any invidvidual. My point/center is that why hang the press out on a limb....just so EVERYBODY can cut the branch off. I've no doubt in the Sun coverage area you'd do a GREAT job rolling out. But expecting a Jamestown Sun rep to predict how Divide County does? how...better yet...why. Why would you or should you spend time (energy/money) to throw out some predicitons for a Region on the other side of your coverage area? Just so they can put your predicitions on the locker room wall......

i've got nothing...no witty comeback...all i had was the zing and then i exhaused my ammo. :paper:
I dont belive you:stirpot:

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:30 pm

Why not just have the coaches rank there region like they do for basketball? You can't expect 2 people, our media, to rank the whole state. They should just have the coaches rank their regions.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:34 pm

point/center wrote:
rep wrote:

well...uh...i am a great divide county (for example) mind...i've talked to their coach all of twice i believe and don't actually know the school's colors. but i see them as a solid playoff team...good size...plenty of success in getting into the late rounds and it would make for a good story for them to finally get into the dakota bowl. they are definitely better than...ummmm...watford city who was just lucky to get to state last year. yeah...that's it.

[align=center]:thanx:[/align]
rep

Postby baseball » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:36 pm

the thing about basketball that makes a better poll though is that the teams play 2-3 times a week instead of 1 game.  get to see whos rolling along better then in football.  which is kinda why im disappointed there is only a preseason poll and not weekly poll for baseball.  some teams play 2-3 double headers a week
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:37 pm

rep wrote:
point/center wrote:
rep wrote:

well...uh...i am a great divide county (for example) mind...i've talked to their coach all of twice i believe and don't actually know the school's colors. but i see them as a solid playoff team...good size...plenty of success in getting into the late rounds and it would make for a good story for them to finally get into the dakota bowl. they are definitely better than...ummmm...watford city who was just lucky to get to state last year. yeah...that's it.

[align=center]:thanx:[/align]
go with that.....nice work as I'm not sure if DC and WC are even both in A :shock::shock::shock:or 9man...regardless

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:40 pm

divide is 9-man...watford in the aa...

it was a weak joke, but i threw it up on the tee anyway
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:44 pm

that's what i expect from ya rep.....you're not Rickie Week...you won't just stand there and watch 3 pitches and go down lookin'

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:47 pm

point/center wrote:that's what i expect from ya rep.....you're not Rickie Week...you won't just stand there and watch 3 pitches and go down lookin'

my comedy delivery really is comparable to chris capuano...i'm great early, but the longer i'm around, the better the chance i'm going to screw things up completely.

my intellect is like bill hall's batting batting stance...it is akward in its approach and especially in the last year or so, hasn't gotten much in the way of results.

ummm...my stories are like turnbow's hair...long and out of control and really should be cleaned up.

uhhhhh...my...uh...i'm done.
rep

Postby cubsfan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:37 am

[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:
my comedy delivery really is comparable to chris capuano...i'm great early, but the longer i'm around, the better the chance i'm going to screw things up completely.

my intellect is like bill hall's batting batting stance...it is akward in its approach and especially in the last year or so, hasn't gotten much in the way of results.

ummm...my stories are like turnbow's hair...long and out of control and really should be cleaned up.

rep I hate to break to the news to you, but your comedy delivery is pretty much like the brewers season, first part good-second part WEEEEEEEEEEAAAKKKKK!!! And if you did not know the central division race is over:dude:!!!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:05 am

cubsfan wrote:[user=267]rep[/user] wrote:

rep I hate to break to the news to you, but your comedy delivery is pretty much like the brewers season, first part good-second part WEEEEEEEEEEAAAKKKKK!!! And if you did not know the central division race is over:dude:!!!!

at this point i don't care about the central division...i've let that dream go...i just want a season above .500
rep

Return to A