New Season is almost upon us, who is gonna be in the mix

The teams in Class A

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:20 am

Whos i gonna be in the mix this year. I figure this to be Harvey's year. I don't know how true this is but I also heard that Velva will only have two seniors on this years team. This may be the year for someone else to win it all before Velva goes on another streak.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:38 am

Lisbon.- coming down from AA.
basketballer

Postby 24/7ndfan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:35 am

basketballer wrote:Lisbon.- coming down from AA.

besides carlbloom.....who else does lisbon have?
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:44 pm

i'll tell you that lisbon always has a good junior vasity team and has a good group of young players who saw starting time the year before. they will be competitive. no question.
PA42

Postby 24/7ndfan » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:07 pm

horne98 wrote:i'll tell you that lisbon always has a good junior vasity team and has a good group of young players who saw starting time the year before. they will be competitive. no question.

like who??? they lost their qb @ daughetry, rb @ mollenkamp, kaspari @ lb, those are 3 big spots to fill
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:13 am

Anybody know who else will be tough in the west. It has to be about time Killdeer makes another run at it. Stanley, Williams County, are always tough as well. I don't know what any of those teams have coming up or returning from last year.

Does Cavalier still have some building to do or are they gonna be contenders again? MPCG gonna compete again this year? I would love to hear about any team that is in Class A.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:17 am

A - Football Fan wrote:Anybody know who else will be tough in the west. It has to be about time Killdeer makes another run at it. Stanley, Williams County, are always tough as well. I don't know what any of those teams have coming up or returning from last year.

Does Cavalier still have some building to do or are they gonna be contenders again? MPCG gonna compete again this year? I would love to hear about any team that is in Class A.

Lamoure has a very big senior class who wants to win. bitz, slykerman return at the line. but they lose sherman and peterson. they return qb watkins. return meidinger and long at rb's and lb's. return holen at wr and cb. they should be competitive ecspecially if some young lineman step up. and they improve on def. their strengths are the people i mentioned above. all of those 6 are really tough and if they get help they could really go deep into the play offs.
basketballer

Postby Tu-Big » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:46 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Anybody know who else will be tough in the west. It has to be about time Killdeer makes another run at it. Stanley, Williams County, are always tough as well. I don't know what any of those teams have coming up or returning from last year.

Williams County moved back down to 9-man. Stanley is always tough, they could graduate 50 seniors and still come back strong just because of the tradition there.
Tu-Big

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 am

Is New Salem going up to class A this year? Have they ever played 11 man football?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baseball_7713 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:14 am

Yeah who does Lisbon have back!!  I think lamoure has alot of experience coming back.  They should be a pretty good team!!
Baseball_7713

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:30 pm

Lisbon graduated 12 or so seniors but they will have 15 or 16 seniors again this year. They will be O.K.

Lisbon can get predictable and I would use a walk up safety on Carlblom they will want the ball in his hands 10 times a game.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:09 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:Is New Salem going up to class A this year? Have they ever played 11 man football?

ya they just moved down to nine man about 4 years ago. before that they were 11 man
letsgosox

Postby tadam6 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 pm

im not sure about the langdon team....but riley beck is gonna be tough to stop
tadam6

Postby bestinthewest » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:14 am

letsgosox wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:Is New Salem going up to class A this year? Have they ever played 11 man football?

ya they just moved down to nine man about 4 years ago. before that they were 11 man

New Salem is co-oping with Glen Ullin this year. it is still pretty much new salem though. there are many freshmen from Glen Ullin that wont play alot of varsity and a couple juniors who will see limited minutes.
They have a shot at the playoffs. Even though they lost 2 all-state players and many other seniors, they make up for it with alot of players coming back from last year. Travis Karch was a 1000+ yard rusher last season.

New Salem also only has 4 seniors and the starting QB is a sophomore so look for them to be good in the coming years also
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:39 pm

After seeing Velva at the Garrison scrimmage, they are definately going to be one tough team again. They looked really good against some decent teams. Their FB/DE is one heck of a football player. Not sure who he is, but the kid can flat play the game.
ndfbfan

Postby sportsperson » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:33 pm

ndfbfan wrote:After seeing Velva at the Garrison scrimmage, they are definately going to be one tough team again. They looked really good against some decent teams. Their FB/DE is one heck of a football player. Not sure who he is, but the kid can flat play the game.

Josh Weidler, by any chance?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 am

How is LaMoure/Litchville/Marion handling/going to handle the tragic loss of Ross Meidinger, Ben Holen not out? Why is that???

I see LaMoure as needing several people to really step up and fill some key spots, or they might struggle to make playoffs.

Their coaching staff seems to get people in the right spots each year and they are almost always pretty competitive and in the playoff hunt?

I see Lisbon takes care of MPCG to start the year.
Last edited by bballuvr on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:05 am

holen and some others not out b/c of the baseball team running so long.....lamoure might have it tough cuz of that
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 24/7ndfan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 pm

kindreds qb threw for 6 TDs???.....not bad
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:40 pm

24/7ndfan wrote:kindreds qb threw for 6 TDs???.....not bad

I just saw that now that you pointed that out. That ties his total from all of last year. 16-26 pass attempts? Looks like Kindred is taking the air approach this year.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:09 pm

baller01 wrote:

I just saw that now that you pointed that out. That ties his total from all of last year. 16-26 pass attempts? Looks like Kindred is taking the air approach this year.

Who did they play?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:53 am

[user=1147]A - Football Fan[/user] wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Who did they play?

Central Cass
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Blitz32 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:26 pm

I heard Holen's saving himself to play Baseball at JC next year. From Friday night's game, it looks like they're doing fine without him. They've still got a lot of talent on that team.
Blitz32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballuvr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:17 am

LLM performed well in first game. Mostly veteran line will need to play better. Depth is suspect. Coaching staff has ususally been able to develop people pretty well.

Don't know about the "saving" part, but LLM will work with who they do have out.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A