Region 2

The teams in Class A

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:37 pm

I think this region is up for grabs.  Anyone's predictions would be well appreciated.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:55 pm

No clear cut favorite in my mind maybe Langdon or Larimore?? I will be interested to see what the Tornadoes bring to the table this year whether Yelle or Mack get the start at QB this year. Mayville and Park River not really sure about them right now. But will for sure be a interesting region this year and don't see anybody from this region winning state this year either.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jokerttt111 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:23 am

after the region changes it will be interesting to see how this region does cuz other than there jv's most of the teams havent played each other before so i cant wait to see how each team does. cuz the returning region 2 teams are mayport, park river and larimore but the new guys are northwood and langdon and all the teams are goin to be dangerous.
jokerttt111

Postby cubsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:37 pm

I think that Langdon is going to win this region.  Hatton-Northwood, Cavalier, Larimore, and MPCG fighting for the last playoff spots.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Tigger » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:17 am

cubsfan wrote:I think that Langdon is going to win this region.  Hatton-Northwood, Cavalier, Larimore, and MPCG fighting for the last playoff spots.

what does mpcg have left this year after losing lorenz and flaten?
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:40 am

Tigger wrote:
cubsfan wrote:I think that Langdon is going to win this region.  Hatton-Northwood, Cavalier, Larimore, and MPCG fighting for the last playoff spots.

what does mpcg have left this year after losing lorenz and flaten?
Also don't forget that need to fill the losses of their best reciever kyle boppre, and starting lineman Ross THykeson, Daryl Kaul, Cory Angen, and Ryan Nygord (injury out for season)
PA42

Postby PA42 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:49 am

ndfan wrote:No clear cut favorite in my mind maybe Langdon or Larimore?? I will be interested to see what the Tornadoes bring to the table this year whether Yelle or Mack get the start at QB this year. Mayville and Park River not really sure about them right now. But will for sure be a interesting region this year and don't see anybody from this region winning state this year either.
I honestly think that cavalier will be a much improved team this season. Although they did have a poor season last year they only lose two seniors (i believe) and return the entire offensive line. But honestly I think that defense is what will carry the tornadoes into the playoffs.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:02 am

i don't know mpcg's defense will be like after the injury of potential all-region tackle ben agnes. They also lost ryan nygord to injury earlier in the year. MPCG will be competitive in a balanced region.
PA42

Postby Thunder66 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:09 am

Who's taking over for Lorenz at quarterback and Flaten at running back?
Thunder66

Postby cubsfan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Thunder66 wrote:Who's taking over for Lorenz at quarterback and Flaten at running back?
Ross Olson will be the quarterback and Josh Gates will be the running back.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:44 am

Just quick couple questions was talking to a friend and he had heard a couple things about a couple teams so I'd see if his sources are good or bad. Said that Langdon only has 20 kids out for Varsity? Not a lot of depth if so. Also said a few Park River linemen weren't playing this year. Just thought i'd see if these were fact or fiction.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer20 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:50 am

ndfan wrote:Just quick couple questions was talking to a friend and he had heard a couple things about a couple teams so I'd see if his sources are good or bad. Said that Langdon only has 20 kids out for Varsity? Not a lot of depth if so. Also said a few Park River linemen weren't playing this year. Just thought i'd see if these were fact or fiction.

true..about 22
bballer20

Postby Batman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:09 am

They better hit the recruiting trail!    :shock:
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:15 am

bballer20 wrote:
ndfan wrote:Just quick couple questions was talking to a friend and he had heard a couple things about a couple teams so I'd see if his sources are good or bad. Said that Langdon only has 20 kids out for Varsity? Not a lot of depth if so. Also said a few Park River linemen weren't playing this year. Just thought i'd see if these were fact or fiction.

true..about 22
one of those twenty two is all-state running back riley beck. i don't feel so sorry for them any more.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:12 am

Region 2A
1. Cavalier
2. Northwood-Hatton
3. MPCG
4. Larimore
5. Park River
6. Langdon
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:13 am

bballer20 wrote:

true..about 22
Them and Park River might be bringing up the rear  this year.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Tough to say anything on this region.  Many people in here have Langdon taking the region when the Coaches' poll and in the Herald today had them in last.  If you ask me it should make for one heck of a competitive and fun season for us fans.  Every team seemed to have taken a hard hit to graduation.  Larimore losing lots of anchors on the line (Schemmp, Sletten), quarterback (S. Hager), wide reciever (Ferdon) but still return Karl Hager so could be in the mix.  MPCG took big hit in losing quarterback (Lorenz) and tailback (Flaten) but will always be in contention with Troy Dale and Talon Early and Ross Olsen still around.  Of course with the talk of Langdon only have 22 kids out seems to put them in a tough spot but with Riley Beck and Justin Overby returning Langdon could be seeing fireworks.  Cavalier sounded like huge favorite in the paper today.  With loss of only 2 seniors and Mitch Ford returning and Yelle Cavalier could possibly turn around the 2-6 season from a year ago.  Park River I think is going to be the sleeper in this Region.  Not much known about them.  I heard Mozinski from Midway-Minto went there and he was the quarterback for them so does anyone know if he'll be elgible to play or not?  Could make a huge difference there.  And Hatton-Northwood is a tough team  to talk about as well.  They are coming down from AA but lost a lot of skill positions.  They put together a 2 good seasons while in AA so i think it'll be interesting to see how they end up. 
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:13 am

Herald picked Cavalier as favorite in that region and the forum had them picked 3rd in the region. I'm going to the Cavalier North Border game tonight to see how the old team looks this year. Lisbon MPCG play tonight also that could be a pretty good match up to begin the season also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:53 pm

lisbon on top of mpcg 15-6 at halftime.
PA42

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:05 am

How'd the MPCG/Lisbon game turnout? I heard Lisbon was up big but I don't know how reliable my source is
Thunder66

Postby rep » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am

Thunder66 wrote:How'd the MPCG/Lisbon game turnout? I heard Lisbon was up big but I don't know how reliable my source is

check out the 'latest scores' section on the main page...it's in there.
rep

Postby cubsfan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:12 pm

Thunder66 wrote:How'd the MPCG/Lisbon game turnout? I heard Lisbon was up big but I don't know how reliable my source is
The score was 34-6.  MPCG dominated the first quarter and then got absolutely demolished in the second and fourth quarters.  Lisbon put up 15 in the second and 19 in the fourth.  The third quarter was a draw.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:02 pm

cubsfan wrote:
The score was 34-6.  MPCG dominated the first quarter and then got absolutely demolished in the second and fourth quarters.  Lisbon put up 15 in the second and 19 in the fourth.  The third quarter was a draw.
wow i like how scoring six points and having one good drive is dominating. i did was not at the game but heard the smooth sounds of bruce D, and from what it sounded like was that mpcg did not take advantage of good field position (they had the ball three times within lisbon's thirty yardline and five inside the fifty and did not score) cubs fan get realistic here. you cannot tell someone what the game was like by scores alone. the third quarter was not a draw. may-port cg was sacked three times in the quarter didn't get a first down and got totally worn down in third quarter. Although lisbon did not score that was their biggest and most important quarter.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:31 am

Wow, you were not at the game and do not know anything that went on, yet you can still comment on it.  MPCG had 70 yards in the first quarter had the ball within their 20 2 times and scored once.  They held Lisbon to 2 first downs and 1 three and out.  MPCG did not get wore down in the third.  They got wore down in the middle to late fourth quarter.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:21 am

cubsfan wrote:Wow, you were not at the game and do not know anything that went on, yet you can still comment on it.  MPCG had 70 yards in the first quarter had the ball within their 20 2 times and scored once.  They held Lisbon to 2 first downs and 1 three and out.  MPCG did not get wore down in the third.  They got wore down in the middle to late fourth quarter.

hey cubsfan thanks for the sideline report;)
And I do mean sidelines, jk:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
PA42

Next

Return to A