Region 2

The teams in Class A

Postby ndfan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:52 am

After watching Cavalier and seeing what happened to Langdon and MPCG I'd have to say this might be the weakest region in the state in A football this year. Its early but it hasn't looked to good so far.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:34 am

ndfan wrote:After watching Cavalier and seeing what happened to Langdon and MPCG I'd have to say this might be the weakest region in the state in A football this year. Its early but it hasn't looked to good so far.
how was the cavalier game?
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:06 pm

ndfan wrote:After watching Cavalier and seeing what happened to Langdon and MPCG I'd have to say this might be the weakest region in the state in A football this year. Its early but it hasn't looked to good so far.
I would have to agree with you on this.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:09 pm

[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:

All give ya my 2 cents on Cavalier tonight against Enderlin. I wanna see if Mack lets his Freshmen kid get some reps at qb tonight and see how that goes. Was a little surprised i didn't see him play at all against North Border.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:43 pm

ndfan wrote:[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:

All give ya my 2 cents on Cavalier tonight against Enderlin. I wanna see if Mack lets his Freshmen kid get some reps at qb tonight and see how that goes. Was a little surprised i didn't see him play at all against North Border.

so what's the good word on cav?
rep

Postby Thunder66 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Mother nature may have thrown a wrench into this region, the tornado that hit northwood is preventing school from starting and may cause the game friday to be postponed, obviously football is the last thing on everyone's mind but who knows when the Thunder will be back to being the team they can be
Thunder66

Postby jokerttt111 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:07 pm

did anyone on there team get hurt in the tornado?
jokerttt111

Postby Thunder66 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:38 pm

physically no but its been very mentally and emotionally draining for eveyone
Thunder66

Postby gbpackers » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:52 pm

MPCG got a big win against Linton in double OT on friday. thoughts?
gbpackers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:22 am

Looks like everyone was wrong with this region Langdon is running away with it and I think that they are clearly the best team here!! Looks like the coaches poll was right on this year picking Langdon 6th!!!
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby jokerttt111 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:00 pm

the region is back up for grabs after langdon lost on friday to Park river
jokerttt111

Postby cubsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:42 am

jokerttt111 wrote:the region is back up for grabs after langdon lost on friday to Park river

The only two teams that have a shot at winning the conference is Cavalier and Langdon.  And if Langdon would lose and Park River would win that would make Cavalier the 1 seed, MPCG the 2 seed, Park River the 3 seed, and Langdon the 4 seed.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:17 am

what if larimore beat cavalier?
PA42

Postby lightsout » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 am

horne98 wrote:what if larimore beat cavalier?

Larimore's best player, Karl Hager, just messed up his ankle against Mayport last week... Larimore's offense looked like it was built around him and IMO they have little chance of winning here... BUT if they do win, there is still a chance they can make playoffs but a lot of other things will have to happen
lightsout

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Does anyone know how the seedings may look heading into the playoffs in Region 2?  It is way too confusing to even start looking at myself 
Langdon and Cavalier are both 3-1 in the region, Park River and May-Port CG are both 2-2, and Hatton-Northwood and Larimore are both 1-3.

Langdon seemed to be in cruise control with locking up the #1 seed until last Friday when they took a huge shot by losing to Park River. Does that now put Cavalier in the #1 seed or no?  I know Cavalier and Langdon will be the 1 and 2 seeds in playoffs no matter what happens this Friday but what for the 3 and 4 seeds?

That leaves MPCG(2-2), Park River(2-2), Hatton-Northwood(1-3), and Larimore (1-3) all competing for the last 2 spots.

This weeks games are as follows...

[url=mailto:MPCG@Langdon]MPCG@Langdon[/url]
[url=mailto:Larimore@Cavalier]Larimore@Cavalier[/url]
[url=mailto:ParkRiver@Hatton-Northwood]ParkRiver@Hatton-Northwood[/url] @ Alerus Center
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:21 am

Region 2 fan wrote:Does anyone know how the seedings may look heading into the playoffs in Region 2?  It is way too confusing to even start looking at myself 
Langdon and Cavalier are both 3-1 in the region, Park River and May-Port CG are both 2-2, and Hatton-Northwood and Larimore are both 1-3.

Langdon seemed to be in cruise control with locking up the #1 seed until last Friday when they took a huge shot by losing to Park River. Does that now put Cavalier in the #1 seed or no?  I know Cavalier and Langdon will be the 1 and 2 seeds in playoffs no matter what happens this Friday but what for the 3 and 4 seeds?

That leaves MPCG(2-2), Park River(2-2), Hatton-Northwood(1-3), and Larimore (1-3) all competing for the last 2 spots.

This weeks games are as follows...

[url=mailto:MPCG@Langdon]MPCG@Langdon[/url]
[url=mailto:Larimore@Cavalier]Larimore@Cavalier[/url]
[url=mailto:ParkRiver@Hatton-Northwood]ParkRiver@Hatton-Northwood[/url] @ Alerus Center
MPCG is in no matter what.  Them, and whoever win the PR and HN game will be the playoff teams.  If MPCG wins, they will be the two seed, and if PR won they would end up the 3 seed.  If the scenario happens, Cavalier would be the 1 seed, and Langdon the 4 seed.
Last edited by cubsfan on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby FOOTBALL_101 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:54 am

If Langdon wins there #1 because they beat Cavalier, Cavalier would be #2 that meens May-Port would be either 3 or 4 depending on who wins the Park River vs Hatton Northwood game, and actually if May-Port loses to Langdon they would be 4 no matter what happens, If Park River wins they are 3 because they would be 3-2  and if Hatton wins they are 3 based on the fact that they beat May- Port, If Langdon loses Cavalier #1, May-Port#2, Then depending on what happens to Hatton and Park River, if Park River wins there #3 and Langdon #4, but if Hatton Wins Langdon is #3 and Hatton is #4, very confusing but i think this is the scenario? Should be a interesting week in region 2 this week 
FOOTBALL_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:32 pm

FOOTBALL_101 wrote:If Langdon wins there #1 because they beat Cavalier, Cavalier would be #2 that meens May-Port would be either 3 or 4 depending on who wins the Park River vs Hatton Northwood game, and actually if May-Port loses to Langdon they would be 4 no matter what happens, If Park River wins they are 3 because they would be 3-2  and if Hatton wins they are 3 based on the fact that they beat May- Port, If Langdon loses Cavalier #1, May-Port#2, Then depending on what happens to Hatton and Park River, if Park River wins there #3 and Langdon #4, but if Hatton Wins Langdon is #3 and Hatton is #4, very confusing but i think this is the scenario? Should be a interesting week in region 2 this week
Yes I believe you are correct.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:51 am

No offense to any of the teams they have all been competitive the whole way but of the teams I have seen the tornadoes are by far the team with chance to go far. I was really impressed with all of their backs and charlie wellman is an excellent tackle. When everything is clicking they are good.
PA42

Postby longhornfan8 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:43 am

A agree, i think that cavalier will come out on top on the east side
longhornfan8

Postby mike thingstad » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:20 am

With the playoff the way it is this year(in Region 1st round) it would be possible the Langdon and Cavalier would meet 1st round. Now that just doesn't seem right does it?
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:48 pm

[user=632]mike thingstad[/user] wrote:
With the playoff the way it is this year(in Region 1st round) it would be possible the Langdon and Cavalier would meet 1st round. Now that just doesn't seem right does it?

I really don't like how they have it set up this year, I like it where you get to play a team from another region right away that you probably haven't played yet. Also makes the higher seeds home field advantage mean a little more when a team has to travel a little farther then what it would if lets say Langdon and Cavalier played. If they are gonna set it up this way they might as well just only allow two teams from each region in the playoffs. Just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:12 pm

[user=12]scc[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:[user=632]mike thingstad[/user] wrote:

I really don't like how they have it set up this year, I like it where you get to play a team from another region right away that you probably haven't played yet. Also makes the higher seeds home field advantage mean a little more when a team has to travel a little farther then what it would if lets say Langdon and Cavalier played. If they are gonna set it up this way they might as well just only allow two teams from each region in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

I think that's the exact reason they've set it up this way.  Four teams out of six making the playoffs is ridiculous, so they pit teams from the same region in the first round to weed it out.  I'm not a fan of it either.  It would be a lot better to add eight teams to class A and make it four out of eight making the playoffs from each region.

Yeah just another way for the NDHSAA to make more money is probably a big reason for this first round games. Didn't 15- 20 years ago only the top two teams made the playoffs from each region? Its sad when 2 wins could get you into the playoffs.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Does anybody notice if May-Port loses to Langdon and Hatton-Northwood beats Park River, May-Port is back on the bus a week from now heading back to play that exact same Langdon team...

Because then the seedings would be

1)Langdon vs. 4)May-Port CG
2)Cavalier vs. 3)Hatton-Northwood
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:26 pm

Wow, that's dumb.  That does show why the first round playoff games in the region are a dumb idea.   Oh well, so many things can happen tomorrow night in this region.  It's going to be nice sitting here tomorrow knowing what teams season are still on and where they'll be traveling next week and against who. 
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A