Week 9- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 9- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 am

Region1-
Kindred (7-0) @ Ellendale/Edgely/Kulm(5-3)

This region is set playoff-wise. EEK, in my eyes, is. the best team in the state that will not be playing next week. They get one final chance to take the field and leave it all out there. Kindred has the region sewn up, but they can't take a week off as playoff seeding is on the line. This is the type of game where Kindred has to play well to win and hopefully gets through the week with on major bumps or bruises. I predict Kindred wins 35-14.

Region 2-
Langdon (8-0) @ Carrington (6-2)

This is the region championship game.The battle of the Red Birds. It will be played Thursday night in Carrington. Carrington has one loss in the region compared to Langdon's unblemished record, but a Carrington win would give them the head to head tie-breaker. I don't see that happening. I'm predicting Langdon, who I feel has played like the best team in the state this year, comes out and makes a statement heading into playoffs. Langdon wins 48-12.

Region 3-
Nedrose (3-4) @ Bishop Ryan (4-4)

A Nedrose win could create a 3-way tie between these two teams and Stanley for the final two playoff spots in the region. Unfortunately for Nedrose, they would have to win by 17+ to have any chance in a tie-breaker scenario. I don't see that happening. I think the Lions win in a big way. Bishop Ryan 42-12.

Region 4-
Beulah(4-4) @ Shiloh (7-1)

Beulah has to win this game and get help from Hazen to have a chance to keep playing football past this week. The odds are stacked against them. With that said, they're a proud program that won't lay down for anyone. Shiloh is having a strong season and I look for them to try to build momentum going forward into the playoffs. Their offense is going to put up numbers. I'll take Shiloh 38-20.

This week's top 10 teams:
1- Velva
2- Langdon
3-Kindred
4-Central Cass
5-Trinity
6- Shiloh
7- Oakes
8- Lisbon
9- Killdeer
Tie- 10- DLB/Carrington
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 9- What to Watch

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:36 pm

The Kindred and EEK game is going to be a good one. I don't think the Kindred QB/Outside LB is playing this week but it does sound like the Senior RB is back at full strength this week. I just don't think EEK will compete enough in the trenches to get the with and Kindreds Secondary has been playing really well. I think it will be low scoring affair with the Vikings coming out on Top.... 21 to 7

I don't think Carrington can come close to playing the Langdon and this will be a blow out. Langdon is better all the way around. This one is over before half. 48 to 6

This week's top 10 teams:
1- Langdon
2- Velva
3-Kindred
4-Trinity
5-CC
6- Shiloh
7- Oakes
8- Lisbon
9- Killdeer
Tie- 10- DLB/Carrington
maddog1971