Semi-Finals- What To Watch!!!

The teams in Class A

Semi-Finals- What To Watch!!!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:54 am

It's time for the Final Four! As is in all divisions of football, when you get to this level of the playoffs, everyone remaining is a true contender! 11B like 11AA saw the #1 seed and defending champion go down in the quarterfinals. This opens the door for a new champion and there are a number of teams looking to take full advantage of this situation.

(8-2) R1#3 Central Cass @ R4#1 Beulah (9-2)
This is a very intriguing game. Central Cass came in as the #3 seed out of their region, albeit arguably the toughest region in the state. They avenged one of their two losses last week by taking out #1 Kindred in what was a very physical game. I think the key to Central Cass advancing to the Dakota Bowl would be to play another very physical team against a Beulah Miners team that historically has been a physical squad. Beulah's offense can be very problematic because of the uniqueness of it. Central Cass and Beulah did play a playoff game in 2020, but that is their only meeting since 2016. It is impossible to replicate the Miners' offense with a scout team so I could see it posing some issues for Central Cass. Pair that with a 4-hour bus ride and I can't help but think the home team may have a leg up in this contest. I also look at big game experience. The Miners are playing in their 3rd semi-final in 4 years (And are 2-0 in the previous two) while Casselton hasn't played in a Semi-final since 2018 when this year's seniors were just 8th graders. I'll take the Miners in this one 18-14

(10-1) R2#1 (3) Hillsboro-Central Valley @ R3#1 (2) Velva-Garrison-Drake-Anamoose (11-0)
Going into the playoffs I had H/CV pegged as the team to come out of this half of the bracket to play against Kindred for a Dakota Bowl Championship. Obviously that is not happening with Kindred losing last week. HCV has been dominant on defense in the first two rounds allowing just 8 points in two contests. Their offense has struggled to put up a lot of points, however, and that has me starting to second guess my pre-playoff prediction. Velva has perhaps been he team that has just gone about business all year and flown under the radar a bit. The Eastern regions have garnered most of the attention all year long, but Velva to this point is undefeated and has played the best of the best from the west. They ran the table in their own region and have wins over Beulah, Dickinson Trinity, and Bowman County from the other west region. The Beulah game was an 11-point margin and aside from that the Rivalry with Bishop Ryan was the only game where they were not dominant. They put up points and play good defense. Add a 3 1/2 hour bus trip for the Burros and I thin Velva has to be considered a favorite in this one, but I expect this to be a very physical, good game. Aggies win 26-20.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Semi-Finals- What To Watch!!!

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:20 pm

Central Cass 24-21
Velva/Garrison/Drake-Anamoose 32-20
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfootball4444 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:55 pm

BEULAH 30 - Central Cass 13 (Beulah's run game will wear them down. They might only use the same 4 plays.)

VELVA 24 - HCV 20 (Velva won't get beat at home this year. Stingy defense and weapons on offense.)
Last edited by ndfootball4444 on Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:55 pm

How many players from the Drake Anamoose co-op actually contribute to the Velva Team this year on varsity? They have been a pretty solid 6-man program winning a couple state titles over the past 3-4 years. Has this co-op been a difference maker for Velva?
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:36 pm

I think only seniors are allowed to play Varsity from D-A this season
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:59 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:How many players from the Drake Anamoose co-op actually contribute to the Velva Team this year on varsity? They have been a pretty solid 6-man program winning a couple state titles over the past 3-4 years. Has this co-op been a difference maker for Velva?

It’s either 1 or 2 I can’t remember off the top of my head. The two biggest factors that have got Velva to this point are the 4 seniors on the line and development of a group of stud sophomores at all the skill positions. Going to be tough to replace this line, but the next 2 years the team is going to fun to watch especially if they continue to get better. They’ve gotten better every game, except the hiccup of the minot Ryan game which that rivalry causes a lot of nerves and does some weird things. Both of Dickinsons TDs were in garbage time as it was 28-0 late in the 3rd. The offense can score points, but the defense is what will get them to the dance if they do make it.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:25 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:It's time for the Final Four! As is in all divisions of football, when you get to this level of the playoffs, everyone remaining is a true contender! 11B like 11AA saw the #1 seed and defending champion go down in the quarterfinals. This opens the door for a new champion and there are a number of teams looking to take full advantage of this situation.

(8-2) R1#3 Central Cass @ R4#1 Beulah (9-2)
This is a very intriguing game. Central Cass came in as the #3 seed out of their region, albeit arguably the toughest region in the state. They avenged one of their two losses last week by taking out #1 Kindred in what was a very physical game. I think the key to Central Cass advancing to the Dakota Bowl would be to play another very physical team against a Beulah Miners team that historically has been a physical squad. Beulah's offense can be very problematic because of the uniqueness of it. Central Cass and Beulah did play a playoff game in 2020, but that is their only meeting since 2016. It is impossible to replicate the Miners' offense with a scout team so I could see it posing some issues for Central Cass. Pair that with a 4-hour bus ride and I can't help but think the home team may have a leg up in this contest. I also look at big game experience. The Miners are playing in their 3rd semi-final in 4 years (And are 2-0 in the previous two) while Casselton hasn't played in a Semi-final since 2018 when this year's seniors were just 8th graders. I'll take the Miners in this one 18-14

(10-1) R2#1 (3) Hillsboro-Central Valley @ R3#1 (2) Velva-Garrison-Drake-Anamoose (11-0)
Going into the playoffs I had H/CV pegged as the team to come out of this half of the bracket to play against Kindred for a Dakota Bowl Championship. Obviously that is not happening with Kindred losing last week. HCV has been dominant on defense in the first two rounds allowing just 8 points in two contests. Their offense has struggled to put up a lot of points, however, and that has me starting to second guess my pre-playoff prediction. Velva has perhaps been he team that has just gone about business all year and flown under the radar a bit. The Eastern regions have garnered most of the attention all year long, but Velva to this point is undefeated and has played the best of the best from the west. They ran the table in their own region and have wins over Beulah, Dickinson Trinity, and Bowman County from the other west region. The Beulah game was an 11-point margin and aside from that the Rivalry with Bishop Ryan was the only game where they were not dominant. They put up points and play good defense. Add a 3 1/2 hour bus trip for the Burros and I thin Velva has to be considered a favorite in this one, but I expect this to be a very physical, good game. Aggies win 26-20.

CC 21-Buelah 16

HCV 14-Velva/Garrison 6

I think you could really flip a coin for both games.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:46 am

CC vs. Beulah is so hard to pick. Before last week everyone would have picked Beulah by 2 TDs and said CC can't stop the power run game. Then they go knock off who we all thought was a near lock for a state title and it leaves you questioning what you thought you knew. I will take Beulah to win 20 to 14. That offense is near impossible to prepare for, CC no doubt got an energy bump from being the underdog in a huge rivalry game, and they now have to go travel across the state. I think it is a good game but CC looks hungover/jetlagged/whatever else you want to call in the 1st half and Beulah scores late to win.

HCV is so hard to judge too because when they played Kindred they were missing a ton of guys and most are back now. They have clearly been rolling since that Kindred loss but I still question if they have enough offense to win against a tough as nails Velva D. I will take Velva to throw the ball around in the 2nd half enough to win this won 28 to 14. If weather is bad this will be a slobberknocker.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:21 am

Beulah 22-16
Velva-Garrison-Drake-Anamoose 32-20
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:47 pm

Central Cass is ROLLING Beulah today

V/G/DA is up 20-6 midway through 4th Q