Playoff 1st Round- What to Watch!

The teams in Class A

Playoff 1st Round- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:22 pm

1st Round
Saturday October 22nd
G1 - (6-3) R2#4 Langdon-Edmore-Munich @ #1 R1#1 Kindred (9-0)
Langdon has been playing much better lately and seems to be about as healthy as they are going to get. The knock on Kindred earlier this year was that they are a susceptible to the pass and Langdon seems to have a solid passing attack. I don't know if it will be enough. I do think this could be an interesting game for a bit, but I think Kindred will win in the end.

G2 - (6-2) R1#3 Central Cass @ R2#2 Bottineau (8-1)
This has all the potential to be a really fun game. Bottineau is one of the biggest surprises in 11B this year. It would be a really neat way to break in a brand new turf field if they are able to play at home by Saturday, but regardless of where this one is played it should be one of the bigger games in this round. Bottineau has been solid all year, but Central Cass has been also and I do think that Region 1 is a little tougher region. I"ll take the Squirrels on the road to win this one.

G3 - (4-5) R3#4 Bishop Ryan @ #4 R4#1 Beulah (7-2)
Might we see a replay from last year. Beulah looked good all season, lost their last regular season game to Bowman County, and then made a Round 1 exit in the playoffs... It certainly could happen again. But I'm going to take the Miners to beat the Lions in a 1-score type game here.

G4 - (6-2) R4#3 Shiloh Christian @ R3#2 Des Lacs-Burlington (6-2)
DLB has been playing very well lately and I think they will continue to ride that momentum. I"ll take the lakers to win at home.

G5 - (6-3) R4#4 Bowman County @ #2 R3#1 Velva-Garrison-Drake Anamoose (9-0)
Bowman County is coming off a big win over Beulah, but Velva has been solid all season long. The Aggies have been in a couple close games, but I think they're going to come out and show why they're 9-0 to this point in the season. Aggies win by 2-3 scores.

G6 - (6-3) R3#3 Ray-Powers Lake @ R4#2 Dickinson Trinity (8-1)
R/PL has had some really nice flashes throughout the season to make one thing they could make some noise here, but Trinity I am not sure if they'll be able to match Trinity score for score. I'll take the Titans high powered offense to be the difference maker in this game. Trinity wins 48-28

G7 - (6-3) R1#4 Lisbon @ #3 R2#1 Hillsboro-Central Valley (8-1)
HCV has gone 6-0 since losing in week 2 to Kindred. They have only given up 8 points in the last 3 games combined. I think they will continue to roll in the first round of these playoffs and knock off the Broncos at home by at least 2 scores.

G8 - (7-2) R2#3 Thompson @ R1#2 Oakes (8-1)
After starting 7-0, Thompson had to win one of their last two games to get a home game. They went 0-2 in those contests and now must go on the road to face a very tough Oakes team that has just one loss to #1 Kindred. While both teams have solid offenses, I am not 100% sold on Thompson's defense. I'll take that home team to win something like 36-22
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Playoff 1st Round- What to Watch!

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:44 pm

Kindred 50-14
Central Cass 34-20

Beulah 42-36
Shiloh Christian 32-30

Velva/Garrison/Drake-Anamoose 36-14
Dickinson Trinity 54-28

Hillsboro-Central Valley 28-12
Oakes 34-20
Last edited by WalkingStick on Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:50 am

Kindred by running clock
Central Cass by 2
Buelah by single digits
DLB by single digits
Velva-Garrison by a couple scores
DT by a couple scores
HCV by a couple scores
Oakes by about 10
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:26 am

Well I think if anyone is going to knock of Kindred this year it will be Langdon. They are healthy at the right time and are playing really well. They have been throwing the ball all over the field and backing that up with a good running attack in the final couple weeks. Kindred defense will not give up anything on the ground. They stop the run first but if the QB can stand in, throw and can survive the hits(Not many QBs have made a full game)... It can be a long game for the Vikings. Kindred 28 to 22

I am taking the home team in this one. I think this will be a fun game to watch but I do believe this one comes down to home field advantage.

G3 - (4-5) R3#4 Bishop Ryan @ #4 R4#1 Beulah (7-2) I don't think the Miners will fall down this year. I will take this one by a blowout by Beulah.
I am going to take Des Lacs in this one. I was high on them to start the year and they stumbled but I think they are on the right track now.
I think this is another blowout by the Aggies on their way to the Dome.
I don't think either team has the defense to come close to stopping each other and Trinity offense is to much for RPL to slow down. I take Trinity 48-28
Sorry Broncos... the Burros are rolling and their defense in really good right now . I think they get shut out 28-0
Thompson has shown they can not beat the top teams in the state. Oakes can score but I do not believe they are one of top teams in the state. This one will be close but I will go with Oakes 24-22
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 1 Fan » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:16 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:1st Round
Saturday October 22nd
Langdon has been playing much better lately and seems to be about as healthy as they are going to get. The knock on Kindred earlier this year was that they are a susceptible to the pass and Langdon seems to have a solid passing attack. I don't know if it will be enough. I do think this could be an interesting game for a bit, but I think Kindred will win in the end.

This has all the potential to be a really fun game. Bottineau is one of the biggest surprises in 11B this year. It would be a really neat way to break in a brand new turf field if they are able to play at home by Saturday, but regardless of where this one is played it should be one of the bigger games in this round. Bottineau has been solid all year, but Central Cass has been also and I do think that Region 1 is a little tougher region. I"ll take the Squirrels on the road to win this one.

G3 - (4-5) R3#4 Bishop Ryan @ #4 R4#1 Beulah (7-2)
Might we see a replay from last year. Beulah looked good all season, lost their last regular season game to Bowman County, and then made a Round 1 exit in the playoffs... It certainly could happen again. But I'm going to take the Miners to beat the Lions in a 1-score type game here.

DLB has been playing very well lately and I think they will continue to ride that momentum. I"ll take the lakers to win at home.

Bowman County is coming off a big win over Beulah, but Velva has been solid all season long. The Aggies have been in a couple close games, but I think they're going to come out and show why they're 9-0 to this point in the season. Aggies win by 2-3 scores.

R/PL has had some really nice flashes throughout the season to make one thing they could make some noise here, but Trinity I am not sure if they'll be able to match Trinity score for score. I'll take the Titans high powered offense to be the difference maker in this game. Trinity wins 48-28

HCV has gone 6-0 since losing in week 2 to Kindred. They have only given up 8 points in the last 3 games combined. I think they will continue to roll in the first round of these playoffs and knock off the Broncos at home by at least 2 scores.

After starting 7-0, Thompson had to win one of their last two games to get a home game. They went 0-2 in those contests and now must go on the road to face a very tough Oakes team that has just one loss to #1 Kindred. While both teams have solid offenses, I am not 100% sold on Thompson's defense. I'll take that home team to win something like 36-22

G1 Kindred running away
G2 Central Cass
G3 Beulah
G4 DL-B
G5 Velva
G6 DT
G7 H-CV
G8 Oakes
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Your daddy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:55 pm

Kindred
CC
Beulah
Dlb
Velva
Trinity
Lisbon in the upset.
Oakes
Maddog you make me laugh. Keep it up
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:31 pm

At least one road team will win this weekend

Kindred
Central Cass
Beulah
Des Lacs-Burlington
Velva-Garrison-Drake-Anamoose
Dickinson Trinity
Lisbon
Oakes
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Your daddy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:59 pm

I picked lisbon to be that road team to win. From what I've seen hcv's strength is running the ball between the tackles. Lisbon's strength on defense is their front 4. They only gave up 19pts to kindred. If lisbon can score 3 times I think they win.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Your daddy wrote:I picked lisbon to be that road team to win. From what I've seen hcv's strength is running the ball between the tackles. Lisbon's strength on defense is their front 4. They only gave up 19pts to kindred. If lisbon can score 3 times I think they win.

You also chose CC

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Your daddy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:32 pm

I guess I did. I just think region 1 is stronger than region 2. CC is a very strong team on both sides of the ball.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 am

Your daddy wrote:I picked lisbon to be that road team to win. From what I've seen hcv's strength is running the ball between the tackles. Lisbon's strength on defense is their front 4. They only gave up 19pts to kindred. If lisbon can score 3 times I think they win.

I would love to see Lisbon get the big upset and you are right about them holding Kindred to 19 pts. BUT it was the first game of the year and Lisbon has not been getting better throughout the year and HCV has been getting better every week. So as much as I hope you are right.... I think Lisbon goes down.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:35 am

Where will the Bottineau-Central Cass playoff game be played? The NDHSAA website still shows "TBD". Is there a problem with Bottineau's field?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:52 am

Bottineau has been installing turf. They hope it could be ready for this weekend…otherwise whichever site north prairie isn’t using will likely be the site of the game

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:24 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Bottineau has been installing turf. They hope it could be ready for this weekend…otherwise whichever site north prairie isn’t using will likely be the site of the game

Bottineau High will face Central Cass in Rolette on Saturday at 2 p.m.
Turf installation on Bottineau's new field is expected to be completed early next week.

Per Courant Sports Twitter

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A