Week 9- What to Watch!

The teams in Class A

Week 9- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:49 am

Region 1
Sargent County @ Lisbon
The playoffs start early in Region 1! Lisbon is one game ahead of Sargent County in the standings, but a win for Sargent would tie up the records and give them the head to head tiebreaker that would allow them to claim the fourth and final playoff spot in Region 1. There's a lot on the line, but I'll take Lisbon to roll in this one.

Region 2-
Hillsboro/CV @ Thompson
The region title is on the line here. HCV can claim the region outright with a win. A Thompson victory would create a 3-way tie between these two along with Bottineau. Thompson has a big task ahead to win the region, In order to claim the #1 spot in the region they not only have to beat HCV, but they need to win by 16 points or more to win the point differential. I predict it goes the other way. HCV wins by 2-3 scores.

Carrington @ Langdon
Another Win-and-you're-in game is happening in Region 2 this week. Carrington at Langdon is a week 9 playoff game to claim the 4th spot in the region and keep their season alive. it sounds like Langdon may be getting a little bit healthier and have been playing well as of late. I'll take the Cardinals at home to win this one and make the playoffs.

Region 3-
Velva @ Ray/Powers Lake
While it's a big game between two of the top teams in the region, I don't believe that this game really has any impact on how the region plays out. Even with a R/PL win, it would create a 3-way tie at the top of the region with these two teams and DLB. In that scenario, even a 17 point win for R/PL only creates a 3-way tie in point differential and Velva would win the next tie-breaker and DLB would still claim 2nd place with a head to head win over RPL. I think that would be a moot point as I am predicting Velva to win by 20+.

Region 4-
Beulah at Bowman County is the most intriguing game, but it likely won't have any playoff implications. Beulah has been solid all year and I expect them to finish on a high note heading into the playoffs. I'll take the Miners by 14.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 9- What to Watch!

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:22 am

Don’t forget about linton in R1…they beat OG and SC wins there is a 3 way tie
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:42 am

Correct.....but in a 3-way tie, Linton is currently -6 and cannot change. They lost to Lisbon by 8 and beat Sargent County by 2. Sargent County is -2 and Lisbon is +8. If Sargent County beats Lisbon, it would create a 3-way tie but they would already be ahead of Linton in point differential to begin with. Linton is effectively eliminated no matter the outcome of the Sargent County/Lisbon game.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:40 pm

ah noted...didn't do the math I just knew a 3-way tie was possible. Thanks!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 am

I mentioned this on the game picks thread as a possibility but as the week goes on and I think about it I'm becoming more confident in it being able to happen. My hot take for this week is Carrington beats Langdon in the game of the week at this level and makes the playoffs.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:59 am

I like your hot take but I really don't think there is a chance of Langdon not winning and by more than 2 touchdowns. They have the QB back and they are looking really good. They will be a real contender to take down Kindred in the first week. They can throw it now and can spread it out.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:31 am

maddog1971 wrote:I like your hot take but I really don't think there is a chance of Langdon not winning and by more than 2 touchdowns. They have the QB back and they are looking really good. They will be a real contender to take down Kindred in the first week. They can throw it now and can spread it out.

You could be right, but IMO we're likely to see Kindred in a running clock game if they meet in the playoffs.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:27 am

I watched a bit of last week's game and he didn't play so this must be his first week back...that normally goes one of two ways: it is a boost or it is an adjustment and takes some time. Having anyone back would be huge for Langdon but I definitely think there is a chance that Langdon not only plays a competitive game this week but also a chance Langdon loses. I super disagree with them challenging Kindred the first week. I would predict a multiple score game in that one with or without the QB for Langdon. All you have to do is look at the HCV score which is the common opponent and it would say that Kindred should dominate (and I believe the QB for Langdon played that one).
Last edited by defensewinsgames on Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:39 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I watched a bit of last week's game and he didn't play so this must be his first week back...that normally goes one of two ways: it is a boost or it is an adjustment and takes some time. Having anyone back would be huge for Langdon but I definitely think there is a chance that Langdon not only plays a competitive game this week but also a chance Langdon loses. I super disagree with them challenging Kindred the first week. I would predict a multiple score game in that one with or without the QB for Langdon. All you have to do is look at the HCV score which is there common opponent and it would say that Kindred should dominate (and I believe the QB for Langdon played that one).

Did the QB from Langdon play the whole game vs. HCV?

I believe HCV was down two d lineman against Kindred - that being said, it'll take a great effort for someone to drop Kindred IMO -
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:32 pm

I can't remember for sure but I thought he did play that whole game. Yes HCV was missing multiple guys when that game was played so may be significantly more competitive if they met Kindred again.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:32 pm

Langdon leads Carrington 42-0 after 3...so I think it's safe to say Langdon is R2's #4

HCV smucked Thompson

so R1 goes
HCV, Bottineau, Thompson & Langdon

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A