Week 8- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 8- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:29 pm

Region 1-
5-2 Lisbon @ 6-1 Oakes

Here's a good matchup for Region 1.It's a rivalry game and Lisbon has a chance to secure a playoff spot. I believe they need to win one of their remaining two games to ensure a spot in the playoffs. I'm not sure that this is the week that they do that, however. I'll take Oakes to win 34-22

Region 2-
7-0 Thompson @ 6-1 Bottineau

Bottineau is coming off of their first loss of the season after dropping their game to HCV 27-0. Thompson keeps grinding and keeps winning, but have their final two weeks against the top teams in their region. Sometimes it can be tough to bounce back after a loss. I am sure this is going to be a battle, but I'll take the unbeaten Tommies on the Road in a thriller. Thompson wins 22-20

Region 3-
6-1 Ray/Powers Lake @ 4-2 Des Lacs/Burlington

After a week 1 loss to Shiloh, RPL has reeled off six straight wins. DLB is coming off four straight wins themselves after dropping their first two contests. The winner of this game will be in the drivers seat to earn a home playoff game this year. For RPL it would set up a Week 9 Showdown with Velva for the Region Championship. For DLB they would control their own destiny with a week 9 matchup against Stanley. Either way, these are two playoff teams with a lot to play for. I'm going to predict a Ray/Power Lake win 28-24

Region 4-
7-0 Trinity @ 6-1 Beulah

After a week 2 loss against Velva, Beulah has been perfect in Region 4 play. They are coming off of a 14-point win over a good Shiloh team. Trinity survived a 51-50 scare against Hazen last week. Their offense has been electric all season, but this game might come down to defense as both teams have put up solid numbers all year long on the offensive side of things. Beulah is a tough place to play at and a tough team to prepare for, with that said, I think Trinity gets it done this week, but this one will be worth the price of admission. Trinity 42-38
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 8- What to Watch

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:09 pm

The Thompson at Bottineau game is intriguing to me. Bottineau didn't perform as well last week as I thought they would. I really thought that would be a one score game that was decided late. Thompson is undefeated but looking at scores and watching some of their games they don't get the big wins vs. the bottom end of the region teams like the top team normally does they seem to let people hang around but they keep finding ways to win (Park River by 4, Harvey by 6, Rugby by 2, even Oak Grove was closer than I expected honestly). I think it all comes down to how Bottineau slows down the QB for Thompson (both on offense and defense). Watch film and is always making plays on both sides of the ball. Offensively I think Bottineau needs to be able to throw the ball with consistency. Thompson needs to limit the big plays and force Bottineau to beat them on slow, long, sustained drives. Offensively Thompson needs to establish the run and connect on the passes when the run sets them up. Should be a great game with huge playoff implications. I will Thompson to win 30 to 26.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Re: Week 8- What to Watch

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:33 pm

Nice win by Bottineau last night. I wasn't able to watch the game but I liked defensewinsgames analysis and I wonder how much of that came to fruition last night for Bottineau. Anyone at the game that can give us some insight on how it played out?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to A