2019-2020 predictions

The teams in Class A

2019-2020 predictions

Postby steel » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:53 am

Will anyone be able to hang with LEM next year. I think Oakes is gonna be tough moving up from 9 man. Who else is going to be to have some talent returning or coming up? Thompson and New Salem lost the farm. Shiloh could be a dark horse, think they have Qb returning. Don't know alot about the others. Kindred had good numbers and seems to be on the upswing. Most people thought, myself included, LEM was a year away. Any thoughts.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2019-2020 predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Kindred moves to AA
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm

To me it comes down to if I have to pick early favorites to win it all I will take Langdon and Oakes. I'm going to give the edge to Langdon because they aren't moving divisions and just won a state championship with pretty much the same team they bring back next year (they do lose a couple seniors). As for teams I think have a chance to be competitive that list would include: Langdon, Oakes, Velva, Thompson, Shiloh, Trinity, Bishop Ryan, Milnor might belong in this list but they have some big time losses I don't know if they can overcome. Some good young teams in this group and then a lot of the usual suspects who are really well coached and tend to be able to reload from year-to-year better than most other programs. I hope I didn't mess up teams with the re-division but that is possible, getting hard for me to keep track of :lol:
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:31 pm

I have been going through team rosters for this year quite few of the teams with 500 record were quite young so there could be quite a few good teams next year to compete at A level. Next year will tell the story after they start playing which teams that make that next step to becoming a good team. Langdon will be leader but they to will need to fill some key positions for next year and with all the teams nobody can have to many injuries to key players. Also for the teams making the transitions to 11 man is always difficult because game is quite different than what they were playing. 11 man is not as explosive as 9 man where quickness and speed is really awarded in the game where in 11 man those two extra players makes such a big difference on the length of the play.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 am

One of the things that makes this coming year kind of interesting to me is that if you look at the top teams in the state this year most of them fit into one of two categories: almost all senior led teams or really young teams with a ton of talent (who maybe over-achieved a bit). I know that a lot of years the teams with large numbers of seniors do well but it feels like more than other years a lot of those top teams won't be in the discussion next year. Plus the re-divisoning removes some potential contenders and brings others up; you lose Kindred and Hillsboro but bring up Oakes and Thompson and Shiloh. I don't think there is a lot of top teams that were mixed with a strong senior class, some really talented juniors, and a couple sophomores helping out. I think this leads to no clear "favorites" (other than Langdon who at this point is kind of standing alone in that class).
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Class B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 pm

IMO, Velva will be the favorite out west. They lose their top receiver and top lineman but return almost everybody after that. They had 7 juniors and seniors combined on the roster this past year so I'd expect them to get stronger and more mature in the offseason. Their young QB will only get better (I thought he was very comparable to Romfo of Langdon - just lacked Romfo's poise and decision making ability). Florence is a beast and will only get stronger. They had some young lineman step up but they will need to be more consistent.
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region2FootballFan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 pm

I think Langdon will be the team to beat next year. They virtually return almost every starter on their championship run except one. Talent-wise and experience no one in the state can match. Of course there's always the fact of injuries or a game suspension :) but it will be interesting how well the nine man teams handle moving up to 11 man.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Attack the Process » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm

I would think Langdon from the East and Velva from the West. Like people have said before, everyone thought they were a year away in 2018, and they won the whole thing. Should be a fun team to watch if you can get out there and see them. Velva is my favorite out west due to them returning a lot of players that saw minutes in big time games. Their running back is fun to watch. Can't wait to get to that time of year again!
Attack the Process
NDPreps Starter

Return to A