Carrington VS Langdon/Edmore/Munich

The teams in Class A

Carrington VS Langdon/Edmore/Munich

Postby B-oldtimer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm

There hasn't been much talk on big region 2 game this week with Langdon and Carrington. Most people pick Carrington I see on the weekly schedule topic line. I look at the numbers for both teams very similar but edge goes to Carrington. I think Carrington is more experienced team with seniors and juniors which is usually big advantage in games like this. Langdon has young kids that are very good athletes and have played in big games already from last year and year before. I think this could be very fun game to watch but Carrington playing at home and wanting to win badly against Langdon could be where Langdon gets out played. I one thing Langdon has going for them their coaching staff usually comes up with good game plan to maximize their talent against their opponent. I would like to hear other peoples thought on this game.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Carrington VS Langdon/Edmore/Munich

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 pm

I would think that Carrington would have the edge on Friday night because of the experience you mention, but I also think they're better equipped to win in the weather conditions that are forecast for Friday night.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby Farmerkev » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 am

Both teams undefeated both teams not really having a challenge yet this year. I think it will be a good game but my thoughts are Carrington will win by +17 points!
My inside sources tell me that Carrington has moved a couple players around and strengthened their offensive line. They should be able to run the ball very well and they are having some success throwing the ball as well. Landon has also proven it can score points and put points up fast as they always have done they will also be ready and out well coached.
In the end I do believe this comes down to defense and the Cardinals defense is going to be a relentless. I take Carrington to win 42-18!!!
Farmerkev
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:17 am

I think this all comes down to what type of game it is. A fast-paced high scoring game favors Langdon as they have the more explosive offense. A smash-mouth physical grind it out style game favors Carrington as they have the more physical run-game. I see this being a close game that comes down to who can get a couple big stops (one early and one late) and who wins the turnover battle. I'm not sure Langdon has enough up front to slow down the power run-game of Carrington. I will take Carrington to win 28 to 20 because physicality, defense, and the run game win out in big games where the weather might not be ideal. If Carrington struggles to hold the ball like last week Langdon gets the win.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region2FootballFan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 pm

12-6 langdon halftime.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby jimor » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Langdon 12. Carrington 6. Halftime. Carrington scored on a pick 6 in first series
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region2FootballFan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Down goes carrington!! Langdon wins 18-14
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 pm

and at home, no less!
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:04 pm

That must have been a great D battle?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region2FootballFan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:14 pm

3 interceptions for langdon
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HighSchoolSportsFan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:19 am

Not positive but I don't think this was the first game that Wolski has played guard. I believe I saw him wearing a lineman number on an earlier game that was televised on BEK.
Wasn't able to see this game but listened to it on radio. Sounded like LEM defended to run pretty well and only gave up one defensive TD. LEM is better than most of us thought they were going to be. Looks to be a pretty big separation between the top two teams and the rest of the region in 2A. Hopefully kid from Carrington isn't hurt too badly and will be ready to go next week.
HighSchoolSportsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:11 am

That whole interaction was deleted per a few other requests.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby jimor » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:13 am

Other than the agony of defeat, or the elation of winning of the Cardinal fan from either side, this was an all out hard hitting battle between 2 powerhouse teams, playing a game that any football fan would enjoy. This game came down to one play from either side to change the outcome. I hope the injured player received good news over the weekend. This is an interesting playoff season we are heading for.
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClemsonTigers » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am

jimor wrote:Other than the agony of defeat, or the elation of winning of the Cardinal fan from either side, this was an all out hard hitting battle between 2 powerhouse teams, playing a game that any football fan would enjoy. This game came down to one play from either side to change the outcome. I hope the injured player received good news over the weekend. This is an interesting playoff season we are heading for.

I believe that player tore his ACL.
ClemsonTigers
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A