Playoff Prediction Thread

The teams in Class A

Re: Playoff Prediction Thread

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 am

Rivershark wrote:Isn't it funny how Minnesota teams are playing their semi-final games in a North Dakota dome?

14 semi final games in Minnesota, they're all played at US Bank Stadium.

http://mshsl.org/mshsl/showbrackets.asp ... acket=7759
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm

When the state spilt into 4 div the semi finals where played in the dome. But the AAA schools from the west didn't think it was fair, it was like a home game for the east. SO the semi's aren't in the domes any more. And MN has it booked for every year now.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Flip wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Isn't it funny how Minnesota teams are playing their semi-final games in a North Dakota dome?

14 semi final games in Minnesota, they're all played at US Bank Stadium.

http://mshsl.org/mshsl/showbrackets.asp ... acket=7759

The games in the FargoDome right now are the Section Championships...for the right to make it to State. Neutral site, close to teams/sections playing, guaranteed equal playing conditions, willingness to pay the rental fee.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 am

What are the field conditions/snowfall reports for Hillsboro and Velva? Anyone?
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball4 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 am

velva football has a picture on Facebook of a completely snow covered field.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 pm

I am sure that velva will try to get their field ready but weather is sure not cooperating I see on the radar snowfall looks like is still happening. Also this is happening over all the playoff spots in Nd but for sure the most in northern half of the state. Like I said before in my belief its poor planning by activities association for weather event like this in North Dakota. We could be dealing with blizzard conditions here in North Dakota very easily if we had winds with this snow. Also this could happen for more than one week of the playoffs because I have seen that in North Dakota where winters come early.
Like others have said western Minnesota schools have taken advantage of indoor facilities here we have in North Dakota. We have two facilities for sure one in Grand Forks and other in Fargo. Also I did look at High performance field on computer yes small corner of the end zone is cut off with artificial turf but surround ing track extends past that so they would have room make for complete field. If Und wanted to do this. I see in there comments they were looking to have track meets there for the area but I bet reason for football was they didn't want to compete with the Alerus in Grand Forks.
I feel for the kids that have to play in these weather conditions when they have worked all year and now may have weather determine who wins these games. Yes both teams have to play in these conditions but weather can equalizing effect on overall talent on the field. If it was true that big 3 A teams were ones that objected to playing inside its shame that such a few people had that much pull to affect all ND football. I wish all teams well today and hope they all stay healthy and uninjured today.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:47 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:What are the field conditions/snowfall reports for Hillsboro and Velva? Anyone?

Hillsboro
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby jimor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Langdon 20 Velva 0 at the half
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:49 pm

jimor wrote:Langdon 20 Velva 0 at the half

Hillsboro-CV leads Dickinson Trinity 20-0 nearly at Halftime
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Late 4th Quarter Scores
Langdon/Edmore/Munich leads Velva 20-0
Hillsboro-Central Valley leads Dickinson Trinity 27-0
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby jimor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Langdon 20 Velva 0 final
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:55 pm

jimor wrote:Langdon 20 Velva 0 final

Hillsboro-CV leads 34-0 with 2:46 remaining
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Velva gave up 33 points in there first 10 games and 20 today.
DT gave up 23 points in there first 9 games and 34 today.

I don't feel like the west is bad as much as I feel Langdon and HCV are by far the 2 best teams in the state.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sorenson23 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:12 pm

Hillsboro-Central Valley wins 28-21
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fball4life » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 am

I've watched both teams play. Hillsboro is a juggernaut in the run, with a solid defense. Langdon however, will be very scary on turf with that passing game. They haven't used the passing game throughout the playoffs. This will be a high scoring game. Javob Delvo will pass all over that Hillsboro team, because they haven't seen a team like that before. However, Hillsboro has a great running game/runningback. I think that this will be there downfall, because they wont change up there gameplan and Langdons underrated defense will shut the obvious play calling down of Hillsboro. Langdon for some reason has been overlooked when it comes to there running game. They have it all, that's why they prevail.

Langdon 38 Hillsboro 28
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fball4life » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:05 am

I take that score prediction back, Hillsboro's juggernaut offense will be the death of them, because it's to obvious in my opinion. I would like to make it a little more of a low scoring game for the fact that both teams like to run the ball.

Langdon 28
Hillsboro 14

Jacob Delvo will have 200+ passing yards with 1 or 2 passing touchdowns. I think they will run the ball inside the redzone to mix it up. But, the big plays in order to get them to the redzone will come from the passing game.

Hillsboro is just to obvious with there one major obvious formation. I think coach will need to switch it up if they want to prevail. However, I don't see this team switching anything up though, everyone had them winning it all season and everyone thinks there running game is to dang good. Why would the coach switch it up? OOO wait its the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP?? coaching actually matters when it's two physical teams competing.

Let's see who makes the best adjustments going into the game. God for bid, both coaches won't switch much up during the game, because they are both undefeated and haven't had to make many/any adjustments on the fly yet this season.
fball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:31 am

I've seen both these teams play and I just don't see how Hillsboro can guard Langdon, especially on turf. I would be shocked by anything but a multi touchdown Langdon win. I also think Langdon will manage Hillsboro's running game. 38-14 Langdon
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:57 pm

I have watched both teams play multiple games this season. Here is what it boils down to for me.

Langdon: Great quarterback play, really strong running backs, fast wide receivers. The quick passing game is dominate. When its run well it looks like a college passing attack. They have an underrated run game that is capable of putting up rushing numbers in a big way. Defense is strong. Weakness for me (if there is one) is the line (outside of Haslekaas) isn't impressive or dominate but does a pretty good job. Delvo scrambling and the quick hitting nature of Langdon's offense negates a lot of the line issues that normally would be present.

Hillsboro-CV: Balanced offense, they run the ball with Skager and have good option to throw to in Henningsgard. Line is a strength they have a lot of size and length which really benefits them on the defensive line. They have probably the best defensive end pair in the state. Their defense is strong with good linebackers and a really strong d-line. I think some of the comments above about their offense are over-blown. Football has always been a game where it doesn't matter if you know what I'm running on offense if I can execute it better than your defense can stop it. Hillsboro executes very well and Langdon has to be able to stop what they are running which sounds much easier than it is.

I will take HCV in what should be the best game of the year in single A. Both teams are going to battle hard and there is little doubt that the two best teams in the state made it this year. Final score is 28 to 21 with a late score at the end of the game sealing it for HCV.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:59 pm

I haven't seen Hillsboro play but looking at there season they are very good team. What I know of football when you have two very good teams and ones more physical team what people are describing HCV and then you have Langdon fairly physical but very quick team and speedy I usually take the quick team. But all this still dependent on quick team having clean game in that they don't turn the football over and they continue to control ball when they have it. The other thing I have read about the depth of HCV which may help them against a quick team. Langdon passing game sets up there very good running game and a lot of there passing game is like extended hand off running game where they can take advantage of you with there speed. These kids have played 4 years developing this game and like their coach has said they went through some very lean years learning to play this game plan. I think this could be a very fun game to watch with a lot of scoring but my guess is Langdon offense may score quicker than HCV offense and if there defense plays like they have been where they get enough stops they will put pressure on HCV by getting ahead to force HCV out of their game plan and if its close or Langdon behind they are still in there offensive game plan. The thing I don't know about is how banged up these teams are from playoffs this could have effect on the out come of the game.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:46 am

I've got to go with Langdon on the turf by a touchdown or maybe 2. Should be a great game, good luck to both teams they are the two best in the state and deserve to be there. For the most part I like the seeding for playoffs (could use a little tweaking IMO but it worked this year)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 pm

I say Langdon Wins it all....
some great teams in 1A 11-Man but "Langdon area" is a wide swath combined now and the tools are there....JMHO

I realize this is a 9-Man thread but it got off-kilter
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 pm

madseason wrote:I've got to go with Langdon on the turf by a touchdown or maybe 2. Should be a great game, good luck to both teams they are the two best in the state and deserve to be there. For the most part I like the seeding for playoffs (could use a little tweaking IMO but it worked this year)

I agree that the seeding worked well this year. It isn't a perfect system but the top 2 teams in the state are meeting in the championship and that is a huge win in my books.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball4444 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:51 am

State Championship:

HCV 27 - Langdon 14
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
madseason wrote:I've got to go with Langdon on the turf by a touchdown or maybe 2. Should be a great game, good luck to both teams they are the two best in the state and deserve to be there. For the most part I like the seeding for playoffs (could use a little tweaking IMO but it worked this year)

I agree that the seeding worked well this year. It isn't a perfect system but the top 2 teams in the state are meeting in the championship and that is a huge win in my books.
I think they should have a few east teams play the closest west teams Away one year home the next, then a few other teams the next year. This way you can get a better idea of the strength of east and west by common opponents. I think it would make the seedings more accurate.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 am

ndfootball4444 wrote:State Championship:

HCV 27 - Langdon 14

sounds about right.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to A