Re: Playoff Prediction Thread

Postby Dualsportfan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 pm

I'll take Langdon in the dome: Langdon 28 HCV 18
Dualsportfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theallaroundballer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 pm

Cardinals 30-20. After relying heavily on the ground game
the last two weeks, Delvo and the receivers will cook in perfect conditions at the Dome.

Fun fact! This is the first A championship to feature two undefeated teams since 2005, when Velva ended Cavalier's 47 game win streak and quest for an A crown following 3 straight AA titles from 2002-2004.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:59 pm

madseason wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
madseason wrote:I've got to go with Langdon on the turf by a touchdown or maybe 2. Should be a great game, good luck to both teams they are the two best in the state and deserve to be there. For the most part I like the seeding for playoffs (could use a little tweaking IMO but it worked this year)

I agree that the seeding worked well this year. It isn't a perfect system but the top 2 teams in the state are meeting in the championship and that is a huge win in my books.
I think they should have a few east teams play the closest west teams Away one year home the next, then a few other teams the next year. This way you can get a better idea of the strength of east and west by common opponents. I think it would make the seedings more accurate.

I like this idea for that first non-region game. It would help with having common opponents for seeding but would also end a lot of the discussion/guess work that goes into which side of the state is best. I don't know if it is something the high school athletic association should mandate or rather if the schools should just look into setting it up but I think it would be good football and solve some issues.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Good idea until you start adding in the fuel ect ect ect
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDPREP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm

AA did this until recently when they bumped the teams back down, they basically had a non region game partner from the opposite region.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I like this idea for that first non-region game. It would help with having common opponents for seeding but would also end a lot of the discussion/guess work that goes into which side of the state is best.

I think the west is the best. You think east is the best. Does that matter?

NDPREP wrote:AA did this until recently when they bumped the teams back down, they basically had a non region game partner from the opposite region.

Very easy to do with 2 regions.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:23 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:Good idea until you start adding in the fuel ect ect ect

That doesn't bother anyone in AA.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:29 pm

@ Halftime
HCV 8
Langdon 6
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm

winner-within wrote:@ Halftime
HCV 8
Langdon 6

I'm shocked at this game. I saw both of these teams play a couple times this year. Hillsboro is good, but I didn't think they'd be able to contain the Langdon offense. They are owning this game so far on both sides of the ball.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDPREP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Flip wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:I like this idea for that first non-region game. It would help with having common opponents for seeding but would also end a lot of the discussion/guess work that goes into which side of the state is best.

I think the west is the best. You think east is the best. Does that matter?

NDPREP wrote:AA did this until recently when they bumped the teams back down, they basically had a non region game partner from the opposite region.

Very easy to do with 2 regions.

Just as easy with 4 regions 1 v 3 , 2 v 4 and just assign partners. Only reason this doesnt work is some teams have traditional rivals who may play in another region or divisions that they still want to play.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Langdon should have won that game. I don't know what happened on the forth and inches play at the 1 yd line? Not what was supposed to happen I take it. If they scored on that drive they would have won. Hillsboro did a great job at stopping the Langdon run game. Langdon seemed a little out of sync, Have to give HCV pass rushers credit for that. All in all a great game. Congrats to both teams on great seasons.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:57 pm

madseason wrote:Langdon should have won that game. I don't know what happened on the forth and inches play at the 1 yd line? Not what was supposed to happen I take it. If they scored on that drive they would have won. Hillsboro did a great job at stopping the Langdon run game. Langdon seemed a little out of sync, Have to give HCV pass rushers credit for that. All in all a great game. Congrats to both teams on great seasons.

Ok, I’ll take the bate. Explain to me why Langdon should have won? Cause the TO on the 1?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
madseason wrote:Langdon should have won that game. I don't know what happened on the forth and inches play at the 1 yd line? Not what was supposed to happen I take it. If they scored on that drive they would have won. Hillsboro did a great job at stopping the Langdon run game. Langdon seemed a little out of sync, Have to give HCV pass rushers credit for that. All in all a great game. Congrats to both teams on great seasons.

Ok, I’ll take the bate. Explain to me why Langdon should have won? Cause the TO on the 1?
Cause they lost by two, If they scored on that drive they would have won by 4 or more.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm

madseason wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:

Cause they lost by two, If they scored on that drive they would have won by 4 or more.

Cause they scoring on that drive to make it 16-14 guarantees HCV plays the same way as they did when they were up 16-6, then in turn Langdon scores with a minute 30 left as they did to win 20-16 or 22-16? Got it.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:01 pm

I've always been of the belief the team that scores the most points "should of" won.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby jimor » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Holy crap people, this was the most competitive game of the day, I would say not the best day for either team, but definitely not the worst. They were there for a reason and it was put on display, and it was the matchup that every one wanted, hard fought and down to the wire. Coulda, woulda, shoulda takes away from the effort that these kids put in to it. Otto from Langdon was only a week off of crutches, and played in pain the whole game. Skager was mostly carried off the field but came back and fought through it. It was a frustratingly entertaining game that no player should hang their head from. Congrats to both teams for getting there!!!!
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby EEDA » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Let me start by saying that this was the first time I saw either Langdon or Hillsboro play. I have followed both teams on North Dakota preps. When I watched both teams warm up I felt that Langdon was clearly the most physically imposing of the two teams. After watching a few offensive series I thought that HCV definitely had more team speed. Langdon’s QB, in my opinion is a superior talent and his play kept the game close. However, it seemed to me that Langdon’s lack of depth was their downfall. Their starting eleven rarely came off the field. Roster and talent depth is critical at playoff time. Congrats to both teams!
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 am

Agree it was the best game of the day. Although the West Fargo/ Minot game was the most entertaining.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A