2016 All State team

The teams in Class A

2016 All State team

Postby bball4 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Predictions?
Also, any Seniors signed to play anywhere?
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2016 All State team

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:29 pm

Grueneich (EEK), Hankey (PRFL), Hanson (Milnor-NS), both Hofers (Larimore), Carr (Hazen) are a few of the players I watched play this year that immediately jumped out at me when I watched them play. Many others but these were a few that stood out to me.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby alphadawg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Economy, Delvo from Langdon, Hoggarth from OG, Anders Johnson Rugby, Verkuhulen from Larimore, Jepson from Killdeer
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoTheDistance » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Good suggestions.
Putting up some impressive numbers also is Schlester (DLB).
Would like to see any one of the EEK line (Hanson, Wertz, Ellington, Peterson, Nitschke, etc. )
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:12 pm

I'm sure all 4 senior athlete of the year nominees will be on the team (Hanson, Hankey, Dauphanais, Carr).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:42 pm

GoTheDistance wrote:Good suggestions.
Would like to see any one of the EEK line (Hanson, Wertz, Ellington, Peterson, Nitschke, etc. )
Interesting take and hard to argue. I think Grueneich and Wertz are locks for 1st team All State. After that I think EEK has a number of guys who are deserving of consideration for second team all state for different reasons. In addition to those mentioned above, I would also throw out the names, Vance, Wachs, White, Goehring and Dewald I am just not able to put one above the other for a variety of reasons but trust the coaches will sort it out. With 3 schools there is the issue of balance, which will play a factor. Whoever gets selected will be deserving.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoTheDistance » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:07 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Interesting take and hard to argue. I think Grueneich and Wertz are locks for 1st team All State. After that I think EEK has a number of guys who are deserving of consideration for second team all state for different reasons. In addition to those mentioned above, I would also throw out the names, Vance, Wachs, White, Goehring, and Hagen. I am just not able to put one above the other for a variety of reasons but trust the coaches will sort it out. With 3 schools there is the issue of balance, which will play a factor. Whoever gets selected will be deserving.

Agreed. I started to type all those...and didn't know where to stop. When you see a RB run for 2500+ yards, I think someone on the line should get some props :D
The "problem" (for lack of a better word) with EEK is so much balance. I think the good news is, they would rather have the title than a bunch of individual awards. That's a good problem! Couldn't agree with you more though. Each one of those guys had key plays in the title game.
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:43 pm

GoTheDistance wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
Interesting take and hard to argue. I think Grueneich and Wertz are locks for 1st team All State. After that I think EEK has a number of guys who are deserving of consideration for second team all state for different reasons. In addition to those mentioned above, I would also throw out the names, Vance, Wachs, White, Goehring, and Hagen. I am just not able to put one above the other for a variety of reasons but trust the coaches will sort it out. With 3 schools there is the issue of balance, which will play a factor. Whoever gets selected will be deserving.

Agreed. I started to type all those...and didn't know where to stop. When you see a RB run for 2500+ yards, I think someone on the line should get some props :D
The "problem" (for lack of a better word) with EEK is so much balance. I think the good news is, they would rather have the title than a bunch of individual awards. That's a good problem! Couldn't agree with you more though. Each one of those guys had key plays in the title game.

Well said. And I was basing this off of more than just the title game. Definitely agree that the line is deserving. I've watched a bunch of film and the TEs and WRs did a good job all year blocking downfield as well helping with a lot of those long runs. Can't say enough about Grueneich though, what a stud and Wertz was a monster all year on both sides of the ball. No doubt all they care about is the state title and not everyone can get this recognition, just felt they were worthy of mention along with the others you noted.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby teamwork100% » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:39 am

EHS1998 wrote:
GoTheDistance wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Well said. And I was basing this off of more than just the title game. Definitely agree that the line is deserving. I've watched a bunch of film and the TEs and WRs did a good job all year blocking downfield as well helping with a lot of those long runs. Can't say enough about Grueneich though, what a stud and Wertz was a monster all year on both sides of the ball. No doubt all they care about is the state title and not everyone can get this recognition, just felt they were worthy of mention along with the others you noted.

I agree with Grueneich and Wertz from EEK. All around talented team so many to pick from. Hard working, hard nosed averaged sized kids that played so well together. BUT the line deserves some credit those kids were undersized all throughout the playoffs and really the entire year. They still made holes for those boys to get through. You take some 6'4, 220 lb boys against 5'11, 190 lbs kids (if that). The EEK O-line should get some looks. Just my opinion.
teamwork100%
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bball4 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:24 am

EHS1998 wrote:
Interesting take and hard to argue. I think Grueneich and Wertz are locks for 1st team All State. After that I think EEK has a number of guys who are deserving of consideration for second team all state for different reasons. In addition to those mentioned above, I would also throw out the names, Vance, Wachs, White, Goehring and Dewald I am just not able to put one above the other for a variety of reasons but trust the coaches will sort it out. With 3 schools there is the issue of balance, which will play a factor. Whoever gets selected will be deserving.

White, Peterson, Vance...and Goehring really did stand out to me in the post season too. All of them made big, game changing plays. TE & WR were instrumental down field especially when the RB has that field vision to capitalize. Wachs plays about three times bigger than he is :lol:

When a HS kicker goes 6 for 6 against Langdon and then 4 for 5 in the title game (or whatever it was), wow.
Really a balanced team effort. I can see any of your list on that second team.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 am

bball4 wrote:When a HS kicker goes 6 for 6 against Langdon and then 4 for 5 in the title game (or whatever it was), wow.

6 for 6 against Larimore too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoTheDistance » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 am

Flip wrote:
bball4 wrote:When a HS kicker goes 6 for 6 against Langdon and then 4 for 5 in the title game (or whatever it was), wow.

6 for 6 against Larimore too.

Good night...and can't forget the game winning FG against HWC. Kick offs were on point giving great defensive field position too. Lots of talent (& obvious hard work outside of practice) in that one.
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Class A All-State will be posted Tuesday evening!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bball4 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:08 pm

'Class A' All-State Football Team 2016
Posted by KSJB Sports on 11/22/2016 7:01:00 PM.

The 'Class A' All-State Football team has been announced for the 2016 season.

First Team - Offense

Quarterbacks
Jacob Delvo (Junior)...Langdon Area-Munich
Jacob Hanson (Senior)...Milnor-North Sargent
Wyatt Carr (Senior)...Hazen

Running Backs
Royce Verkuehlen (Senior)...Larimore
Clayton Grueneich (Junior)...Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm
Dillon Jepson (Senior)...Killdeer
Cole Dauphinais (Senior)...Minot Ryan

Wide Receivers
Anfernee Economy (Junior)...Langdon-Munich
Zane Besler (Senior)...Heart River

Tight End
Tanner Johnson (Senior)...Des Lacs-Burlington

Linemen
Levi Hofer (Senior)...Larimore
Bradee Schroeder (Senior)...Carrington
Justin Helseth (Senior)...Velva-Sawyer
Ty Truchan (Senior)...Killdeer

First Team - Defense

Linemen
Caleb Hofer (Senior)...Larimore
Adam Neustel (Sophomore)...Milnor-North Sargent
Jordan Will (Senior)...Minot Ryan

Linebackers
Jackson Hankey (Senior)...Park River-Fordville-Lankin
Brody Wagner (Senior)...Larimore
Andrew Jones (Senior)...Northern Cass
Luke Wertz (Senior)...Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm
Konner Beeter (Senior)...Minot Ryan

Defensive Backs
Brant Bohmert (Senior)...Northern Cass
Rylan Bachmeier (Senior)...Des Lacs-Burlington
Trent Marquart (Senior)...Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn.

Second Team All-State

Larimore: Elijah Holter (Senior), Monty Hendrickson (Senior)
Park River/F-L: Adam Johnson (Senior)
Langdon Area-Munich: Connor Tetrault (Junior),Chase Peebles (Junior)
Northern Cass: Nick Nelson (Senior), Brendan Salander (Senior), Matt Wika (Junior)
Harvey-Wells County: Trevor Schimke (Senior)
Fargo Oak Grove: Ben Hoggarth (Junior)
Carrington: Kaden Wolsky (Sophomore)
Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm: Brennen Vance (Senior), Lane Hanson (Junior)
Lewis & Clark/Our Redeemer’s: Alex Nelson (Senior), Cody Hamilton (Senior)
Des Lacs-Burlington: Josh Knutson (Junior), Dylan Schestler (Senior), Seth Hanenberg (Senior)
Minot Ryan: Chris Sowitch (Junior)
Garrison-Max: Sam Larson (Senior)
Hazen: Quentin Corcoran (Senior), Thomas Leintz (Junior), Jacob Klein (Sophomore)
Killdeer: Garrett LeMieux (Junior), Rope Smith (Senior)
Velva-Sawyer: Hayden Lee (Sophomore)
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Hankey Senior athelete RIGHT pick.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndcoach » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Marquart is a junior, was All-State last year as a sophomore (WR).
ndcoach
NDPreps Rookie

Return to A