PRFL/ EEK ?

The teams in Class A

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:03 pm

bball4 wrote:Good point. Lots of comments about PRFL not being 100% during certain games throughout the season in these posts. I completely agree that injuries and illnesses are game changers...but how you deal with those things says a lot about the other players on the field and the coaches. I am rooting for EEK...probably somewhat because of their 'no excuses' appearance (even though I think the article in the Forum could have been played a time or two).


So your rooting against Park River because of people on this site blaming injuries? Have you heard the players/coaches complaining about it? If not that doesn't make much sense.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:08 pm

bball4 wrote: Lots of comments about PRFL not being 100% during certain games throughout the season in these posts.

Only because 2/3 of the active posters on this board live in Park River and they needed to remind the forum on a regular basis about their injuries.

btw, where can I find the radio broadcast online? thanks
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:35 pm

Someone told me that it was going to be on Bek tv if you live in an area with that channel otherwise I'm not sure what radio station it will be on. The Grafton station I assume.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby d_fense » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:42 am

alphadawg wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:I said I take EEK if your giving me more than 6 pts. I believe it will be a good game. I too was at the MNS-PRFL game and maybe its my Alzheimer's kicking in but didn't MNS get the ball drive down to the 30 or so and have a chance to win it at the end???? Pass broken up in the end zone???? Doesn't quite sound like give Mr. Hankey the ball "With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle." I believe they are good teams with great players. Whoever makes the biggest splash play will be the victor. I will be there to watch and I think the game will be entertaining nonetheless. I don't believe Mr. Gruniech gets the credit he deserve on defense either. Give me 6 pt and Ill take that bet all day. Less than 6 and I would have to ask the odds I'd take 5-2 then lol. Good luck all the PRFL and EEK faithful, just be careful and don't drink the koolaid just yet. 8)


you are right he scored to fast. Left Hanson the ball with 30 seconds left and a strong wind at his back.

bball4 wrote:If we are talking about individual players, I would take Grueneich...because of what he does on both sides of the ball.


I don't know. I think I'd go with the 2 time 1st team all state LB but I'm a little biased. Been a long time since us PRFL fans have watched a game where the other team had the best player on the field.


PRFL's drive to take the lead wasn't a quick one. It was long and covered a lot of ground. The big play of the drive was converting on a 4th and long (I think it was in the 15+ yards to go range).

I agree with "alphadawg" in that I would pick Henky over Grueneich if I had to, or more properly "got to" have one on my favorite team. Henky is significantly bigger and I think a more powerful runner. He is also IMO a better defensive player.

I will also disagree with "alphadawg" on something. I don't think it has been that long since PRFL has played a game where they didn't have the best player on the field. Most recently, week 4 vs Larimore. I think I would call either Caleb or Levi Hofer a better player. In an earlier topic someone commented that they thought Royce Verkuehln, a Larimore rb could be the best player in the region. IMO that is crazy talk. I also think that in week 2 MNS had the best player on the field in Hanson. If neither player would have played PRFL would have won big. And, if they would have switched teams, PRFL would have won by 20+ points. As far as "alphadawg's" comment about PRFL coaches being hesitant to run Henky, I don't think the numbers support that. He did have 26 rushing attempts and 20 of their final 31 rushes over the final 3 quarters.

Also, All State is a nice honor, no question about it. I feel pretty confident in saying, if he would have played in Lakota the past 2 years he would likely not have such an honor. For sure not 2, maybe one... I'm not sure. I am not saying this to talk Henky down at all, just pointing out that politics and a teams success often weigh on awards like all state.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby bequickdonthurry » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 am

Flip wrote:
bball4 wrote: Lots of comments about PRFL not being 100% during certain games throughout the season in these posts.

Only because 2/3 of the active posters on this board live in Park River and they needed to remind the forum on a regular basis about their injuries.

btw, where can I find the radio broadcast online? thanks


KSJB am 600 is covering the game, should be able to pick up that signal statewide. Or, ksjbam.com to hear it online.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby bball4 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:30 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
bball4 wrote:Good point. Lots of comments about PRFL not being 100% during certain games throughout the season in these posts. I completely agree that injuries and illnesses are game changers...but how you deal with those things says a lot about the other players on the field and the coaches. I am rooting for EEK...probably somewhat because of their 'no excuses' appearance (even though I think the article in the Forum could have been played a time or two).


So your rooting against Park River because of people on this site blaming injuries? Have you heard the players/coaches complaining about it? If not that doesn't make much sense.



Not at all. You misunderstood. I am not rooting against them as much as I am just rooting for EEK. they are a good Cinderella story. they lost an awful lot of games before 2016 & just happy they are finding success and gelling as a team.
bball4
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:59 am

d_fense wrote:
alphadawg wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:I said I take EEK if your giving me more than 6 pts. I believe it will be a good game. I too was at the MNS-PRFL game and maybe its my Alzheimer's kicking in but didn't MNS get the ball drive down to the 30 or so and have a chance to win it at the end???? Pass broken up in the end zone???? Doesn't quite sound like give Mr. Hankey the ball "With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle." I believe they are good teams with great players. Whoever makes the biggest splash play will be the victor. I will be there to watch and I think the game will be entertaining nonetheless. I don't believe Mr. Gruniech gets the credit he deserve on defense either. Give me 6 pt and Ill take that bet all day. Less than 6 and I would have to ask the odds I'd take 5-2 then lol. Good luck all the PRFL and EEK faithful, just be careful and don't drink the koolaid just yet. 8)



you are right he scored to fast. Left Hanson the ball with 30 seconds left and a strong wind at his back.

bball4 wrote:If we are talking about individual players, I would take Grueneich...because of what he does on both sides of the ball.


I don't know. I think I'd go with the 2 time 1st team all state LB but I'm a little biased. Been a long time since us PRFL fans have watched a game where the other team had the best player on the field.


PRFL's drive to take the lead wasn't a quick one. It was long and covered a lot of ground. The big play of the drive was converting on a 4th and long (I think it was in the 15+ yards to go range).

I agree with "alphadawg" in that I would pick Henky over Grueneich if I had to, or more properly "got to" have one on my favorite team. Henky is significantly bigger and I think a more powerful runner. He is also IMO a better defensive player.

I will also disagree with "alphadawg" on something. I don't think it has been that long since PRFL has played a game where they didn't have the best player on the field. Most recently, week 4 vs Larimore. I think I would call either Caleb or Levi Hofer a better player. In an earlier topic someone commented that they thought Royce Verkuehln, a Larimore rb could be the best player in the region. IMO that is crazy talk. I also think that in week 2 MNS had the best player on the field in Hanson. If neither player would have played PRFL would have won big. And, if they would have switched teams, PRFL would have won by 20+ points. As far as "alphadawg's" comment about PRFL coaches being hesitant to run Henky, I don't think the numbers support that. He did have 26 rushing attempts and 20 of their final 31 rushes over the final 3 quarters.

Also, All State is a nice honor, no question about it. I feel pretty confident in saying, if he would have played in Lakota the past 2 years he would likely not have such an honor. For sure not 2, maybe one... I'm not sure. I am not saying this to talk Henky down at all, just pointing out that politics and a teams success often weigh on awards like all state.



Great points! Agree with almost everything, your points are all valid but i think i would take Gruniech because as coach i think he MAY be a more coachable player, it just my personal opinion, and it would mean i get him on my team next year, lol.
Last edited by wan2bqb on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: corner of bumb#$&# and you got a pretty mouth

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:11 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Someone told me that it was going to be on Bek tv if you live in an area with that channel otherwise I'm not sure what radio station it will be on. The Grafton station I assume.

This would be cool, but I have Midco.

bequickdonthurry wrote:KSJB am 600 is covering the game, should be able to pick up that signal statewide. Or, ksjbam.com to hear it online.

Thank you.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby d_fense » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:46 am

Flip wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Someone told me that it was going to be on Bek tv if you live in an area with that channel otherwise I'm not sure what radio station it will be on. The Grafton station I assume.

This would be cool, but I have Midco.

bequickdonthurry wrote:KSJB am 600 is covering the game, should be able to pick up that signal statewide. Or, ksjbam.com to hear it online.

Thank you.


Flip, Midco people can watch some BEK games on "COZI", which can be found on MIdco "4". It only seems to have new games from one of their stations. For me it usually is not the game I would prefer to have. The guide says that today it in a 9 man game starting at 2 pm but does not say which one.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:05 am

d_fense wrote:Flip, Midco people can watch some BEK games on "COZI", which can be found on MIdco "4". It only seems to have new games from one of their stations. For me it usually is not the game I would prefer to have. The guide says that today it in a 9 man game starting at 2 pm but does not say which one.

smh, glad to know, but completely infuriating that I didn't know this beforehand.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 pm

BEK prime has Wynmere ligerwood vs shilo Christian. BEK 247 has PRFL vs EEK. Of course I get the 9 man game. You would think that Polar being in ne ND BEK would show PRFL game? That's not cool!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Hmmm key on Hankey and you know what's to come. Know know this game may be over before halftime. 14-0 EEK.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: corner of bumb#$&# and you got a pretty mouth

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Big Blue » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Quick question: who was hurt or who is to blame for PRFL to get absolutely shelled by a stronger, more disciplined and better coached E-E-K team? It seems like there is always a reason when the Aggies fall. Looking forward to hear what the reason is for today's loss.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Big Blue wrote:Quick question: who was hurt or who is to blame for PRFL to get absolutely shelled by a stronger, more disciplined and better coached E-E-K team? It seems like there is always a reason when the Aggies fall. Looking forward to hear what the reason is for today's loss.
Just not their day today. It happens. Hats off to EEK they played a great game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:31 am

Big Blue wrote:Quick question: who was hurt or who is to blame for PRFL to get absolutely shelled by a stronger, more disciplined and better coached E-E-K team? It seems like there is always a reason when the Aggies fall. Looking forward to hear what the reason is for today's loss.


I will give them credit, the Thunder was definitely the better team. As for excuses, I think you might have hit the nail on the head. The Thunder was the better coached team. Right before the half the Aggies were marching down the field running the ball with lest than 2:00 minutes to play. Then all of a sudden they run 4 passing plays in a row and turn the ball over on downs allowing EEK enough time to score another touch down. EEK had there fair share of turnovers, but the Aggies couldn't take advantage of them.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:01 am

I think EEK can give Larimore a game? They have a passing game. Larimore doesn't cause they haven't had to pass all year.. EEk did a pretty good job stopping PRFL healthy on the ground, And they looked pretty good through the air. If EEK can find a way to stop the ground game of Larimore they could win? Larimore by two TDs My prediction./. I don't think any team in the state can stop that ground game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby scc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:16 am

madseason wrote:I think EEK can give Larimore a game? They have a passing game. Larimore doesn't cause they haven't had to pass all year.. EEk did a pretty good job stopping PRFL healthy on the ground, And they looked pretty good through the air. If EEK can find a way to stop the ground game of Larimore they could win? Larimore by two TDs My prediction./. I don't think any team in the state can stop that ground game.

You obviously haven't seen Larimore play this year. They can pass, too.

http://t.maxpreps.com/2eKtQo2
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Where did this come from that Larimore can't pass? Tupa had 9 TD passes in the first 3 games. He is slow footed, but he can throw the football. Holter is extremely dangerous as a WR or RB. Hendrickson is also a threat out of the backfield as a either a short down back or passes in the flat, he is tough to bring down. Think of a bowling ball with legs. Verkuehlen had some big catches vs PR. I don't know what the plan is with the Hofers, but when healthy they could both catch. They were extremely difficult matchup with their size.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3763
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm

Didn't mean to imply they don't have a passing game. Just that they haven't been forced into a passing game. They probably could run every play against most teams and still win. Best of luck next week. I'm thinking region 2 takes the title again.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:55 pm

madseason wrote:Didn't mean to imply they don't have a passing game. Just that they haven't been forced into a passing game. They probably could run every play against most teams and still win. Best of luck next week. I'm thinking region 2 takes the title again.


Hoping you're wrong...and Region 1 can make an appearance. :D
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 am

GoTheDistance wrote:
madseason wrote:Didn't mean to imply they don't have a passing game. Just that they haven't been forced into a passing game. They probably could run every play against most teams and still win. Best of luck next week. I'm thinking region 2 takes the title again.


Hoping you're wrong...and Region 1 can make an appearance. :D
After the win over Larimore I don't think Langdon can stop them from an appearance. But I've been wrong a lot lately :) I might have just jinxed them.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby GoTheDistance » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:15 am

madseason wrote:
GoTheDistance wrote:
madseason wrote:Didn't mean to imply they don't have a passing game. Just that they haven't been forced into a passing game. They probably could run every play against most teams and still win. Best of luck next week. I'm thinking region 2 takes the title again.


Hoping you're wrong...and Region 1 can make an appearance. :D
After the win over Larimore I don't think Langdon can stop them from an appearance. But I've been wrong a lot lately :) I might have just jinxed them.


Take it back! :lol:
I stopped nagging on my kid to cut his hair until the season is over. It's ok to err on the side of caution with superstitions.
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:07 pm

GoTheDistance wrote:
madseason wrote:
GoTheDistance wrote:
madseason wrote:Didn't mean to imply they don't have a passing game. Just that they haven't been forced into a passing game. They probably could run every play against most teams and still win. Best of luck next week. I'm thinking region 2 takes the title again.


Hoping you're wrong...and Region 1 can make an appearance. :D
After the win over Larimore I don't think Langdon can stop them from an appearance. But I've been wrong a lot lately :) I might have just jinxed them.


Take it back! :lol:
I stopped nagging on my kid to cut his hair until the season is over. It's ok to err on the side of caution with superstitions.
Let it grow! I understand. I know hockey hair :lol: :lol:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby GoTheDistance » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Wrestling is up next, so no choice but to trim it down!
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Previous

Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests