What's up with Carrington?

The teams in Class A

What's up with Carrington?

Postby Rivershark » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Anyone know what's going on in Carrington? Heard some players were quiting.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: What's up with Carrington?

Postby the old guy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:30 am

I know the former coach left and took a job in Jamestown. Two former, very succesful athletes, took over the program as co-coaches. They have started out 1-2, which not everyone expected.
the old guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Carrington is young. 1/2 of the starting line up both ways are sophomores and they have yet to play a game with 11 starters due to week one injuries. Numbers of kids are down simply due to the number of boys being down. Enrollment wise Carrington could actually qualify to be 9 man next year, but doubt that will happen.

No one has quit to my knowledge. An all Stater last year chose not to play this year to focus on rodeo. (He's one of the best in the nation, but was also a heck of a football player.)

The two new coaches have DEEP roots to the game and are great football minds. The kids appear to like them and enjoy playing for them. Nobody wants to use the term "rebuilding year", as expectations are high for this bunch, even though they are young. They continue to improve each week and contrary to public opinion are progressing. If they keep progressing, they will be a playoff team which would be a great experience for a young team.

And that's "what's up" with Carrington.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks NodakQ2. I personally think the rumors of Carringtons demise are a bit exaggerated. A coaching transition takes time and probably even more so with a young group. They have talent and great coaching, they are definitely still in the mix to win the region. No one should taken them lightly. One thing I know about Mike Page is that he is a winner in every aspect of his life, no reason to believe this will turn out any different.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby for3 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Carrington is definitely young with a good group of sophmores. I think the coaches are still trying to find their way offensively as they have went from a power run in the first game, to an option in the 2nd game and in the 3rd game to a spread offense. Players have also switched positions with the starting QB in the first game to RB. It seems at times that the coaches are really trying to get the younger players more experience as the senior QB (now RB) had a great game against Rugby didn't get many carries against Langdon, also their 6'5" senior receiver who was getting half the snaps (he wasn't injured) didn't play against Langdon. Don't know if this is a change in coaching philosophy or for team violations. The kids spirits seems to be high but I would say it is a rebuilding year. I think playoffs would be tremendous season for Carrington but 2 or 3 wins are more likely.
for3
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A