Top Football Fields

The teams in Class A

Top Football Fields

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:09 am

List some of your top football fields in ND and why.

I'm mostly familiar with the eastern half of state, so some of mine include:

1. Oak Grove - Love the setting on the river.
2. Valley City - Up on the hill by the railroad bridge. Good seating for fans. Grass not great.
3. Cavalier - Huge Tornado painted on field is awesome. Great home field advantage.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top Football Fields

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:46 pm

PRFL's field is maintained very, very well. It's also great to be right on top of the game from the track. I think Larimore also has a nice setting, though I wish fans could be closer to the field. I haven't been to Harvey in years but I recall their setup being rather nice.

I miss watching games in Edinburg. That is a great setting. I don't think DVE plays any games there, but I could be wrong. Hopefully that setting comes back into play in the future, at some point.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:58 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:PRFL's field is maintained very, very well. It's also great to be right on top of the game from the track. I think Larimore also has a nice setting, though I wish fans could be closer to the field. I haven't been to Harvey in years but I recall their setup being rather nice.

I miss watching games in Edinburg. That is a great setting. I don't think DVE plays any games there, but I could be wrong. Hopefully that setting comes back into play in the future, at some point.
I think they are playing in edinburg this Friday.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:33 pm

One of my favorites when I was playing was the Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page with the way that field is set kind of down from the school but that isn't 11A if that's what you were looking for. Park River has a nice field, really well kept up and kind of a cool setup with the track and trees there. Killdeer has the turf which is kind of rare for single A. These are just a few that came to my mind right away.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby bequickdonthurry » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:27 pm

While they've been from 9-man to AA, the best field in ND, hands down, is Randy Vigen field at the Central Valley school. They'll be A again next year. In terms of a playing surface, there is none better. End of discussion.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:22 pm

bequickdonthurry wrote:While they've been from 9-man to AA, the best field in ND, hands down, is Randy Vigen field at the Central Valley school. They'll be A again next year. In terms of a playing surface, there is none better. End of discussion.

Never played on it so I can't say, but it's got a cool setting behind the school with the trees. I like that there is no track too.

Best setting I've been to is in Gary, MN. It's kind of like CV, but the trees are closer and has a cozier feel to it.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:03 pm

I would say Oak Grove is a great place to watch football. PRFL and Grafton are also great. I love the places where you are basically on the sidelines. The places with their" expensive tracks" Need to put a cover on them or something to get the fans to the field IMO. How much would that cost? Not that much I don't think? I think Rugby had a rubber track and still let the fans on. Rugby is a nice field too :) I think they had spots set up to walk across the track. Cavalier is good too if you can get past the IDIOT cavalier fans on your sideline. (don't punch them) :lol:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A