PRFL
Velva
Northern Cass

Dark horses- Carrington, Harvey-WC, Killdeer, EEK, Bishop Ryan
CountryDelight
NDPreps Starter

Re: Way too early 2016 predictions

Postby madseason » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:38 pm

CountryDelight wrote:9-man page had it so why not here?

Top 5 no order
Hazen
Larimore
PRFL
Velva
Northern Cass

Dark horses- Carrington, Harvey-WC, Killdeer, EEK, Bishop Ryan
:lol: Yea maybe a little too early, but I like your thinking.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:43 pm

A lot of people might count PRFL out next year with the seniors they are losing. But they got a pretty good core coming back and the experience the JV got this year is huge. I think the most the JV gave up in the second half of games was like 8 per game or less. I'm sure next years seniors will be on the younger classmen to hit the weights and work hard in the offseason. Huge class of 9th and 10th at PRFL this year. I think like 26. Future looks bright at PRFL.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:43 pm

There are great seniors being lost by many teams. This is almost impossible to guess at. I do think PRFL and Larimore each have a chance to be dang good again, especially if they stay healthy. The rest of Region 2 is up in the air--Rugby, Langdon, and Lakota all return good young QBs. I'm sure Harvey will be good as usual, too.

Region 1 I really don't know. Oakes won't have Michael Kelly. Isn't Northern Cass losing their QB and some other skill players? I think Oak Grove has a chance to surprise. I think Milnor brings back a good QB. EEK showed some improvement this season, so hopefully they were young and can build on that. Carrington has some good players coming back, too. Region 1 should be a toss up if there ever was one.

Out west it's been obvious that Dobitz and his staff do some really good work with the kids out in Killdeer. Other than that, I don't know anything about any of those teams.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:48 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:Region 1 I really don't know. Oakes won't have Michael Kelly. Isn't Northern Cass losing their QB and some other skill players? I think Oak Grove has a chance to surprise. I think Milnor brings back a good QB. EEK showed some improvement this season, so hopefully they were young and can build on that. Carrington has some good players coming back, too. Region 1 should be a toss up if there ever was one

Oak Grove will be without their QB from the past season...so they'll have to replace that and essentially the whole line. I think Region 1 is more wide of a wide open race...but still would give Carrington a bit of an edge (numbers/depth will be key).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bisonation6 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:50 am

Not sure about Velva losing both their QB and RB. They have a young line but are losing two extremely key pieces. I think Killdeer will put a team together again. DL-B will be alright.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 am

EEK loses a good group of seniors (5 starters) that played a key role in turning around the program. However, the cupboard isn't bare and there are some young players ready to step in. The biggest issue is for the team to continue to come together.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I believe region 2 will be bit more balanced this coming year but Park River and Larimore will be the favorites again in the region. I believe Harvey will also be factor next year and could contend for the region. Langdon, Lakota-Edmore/DP, and Rugby will be bottom tier again this coming year. Langdon will have some very good skilled players but they loose a lot of size this coming year so I don't see them contending. Lakota-edmore/DP will improve I believe this coming year they have bunch of sophomores and Freshman that should improve with another year and they have good freshman class coming but I believe it will be at least another year before they are factor. Rugby looses quite a bit in running back and lineman but they do have good quarterback coming back just don't see them having enough to contend. Park River is going to be favorite they have excellent participation and have quality number of players returning. They are riding wave of number of kids that are interested in football and have good talent in this group. Larimore will be there also they still should be big next year and have number of starters returning. My guess only thing for next year will be order of teams for the region but like said above the top 3 will remain in top 3 and bottom 3 will remain there with only order of there finishes.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:41 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:I believe region 2 will be bit more balanced this coming year but Park River and Larimore will be the favorites again in the region. I believe Harvey will also be factor next year and could contend for the region. Langdon, Lakota-Edmore/DP, and Rugby will be bottom tier again this coming year. Langdon will have some very good skilled players but they loose a lot of size this coming year so I don't see them contending. Lakota-edmore/DP will improve I believe this coming year they have bunch of sophomores and Freshman that should improve with another year and they have good freshman class coming but I believe it will be at least another year before they are factor. Rugby looses quite a bit in running back and lineman but they do have good quarterback coming back just don't see them having enough to contend. Park River is going to be favorite they have excellent participation and have quality number of players returning. They are riding wave of number of kids that are interested in football and have good talent in this group. Larimore will be there also they still should be big next year and have number of starters returning. My guess only thing for next year will be order of teams for the region but like said above the top 3 will remain in top 3 and bottom 3 will remain there with only order of there finishes.

You know, watching them play PRFL this year, I wonder if Langdon could be more competitive if they just had better numbers and not necessarily more skilled players. Delvo and his receivers will be as good as anybody in the region, next season. You can't tell me that school tops out at 19-20 players. Maybe the current generation in Langdon is more into art and drama than athletics but there has to be a few more kids that could be participating, anyway.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:04 pm

The kids out for athletics in boys sports is down in Langdon and has been for several years. The boys numbers for the traditional sports have been way down they do have better numbers for track, cross country, and golf, and a lot of kids there play hockey in the winter. They do have number of younger kids coming up through program that may turn around the traditional sports. I expect in 3 to 4 years they could be good at basketball again and fall flag football numbers have been good but so far it hasn't transferred over to high school. The Munich kids coming over in junior high is going to help in basketball in the future. I guess is that as long as they have hockey I don't expect them to be power house in the more traditional sports of basketball and Football. The hockey season just overlaps too much for kids and kids today love playing hockey. I have heard it from my own kid he wished he'd could have played hockey. I can see it fast fun game where there are positions for you play at that you don't have to big or tall to play and everybody that's on the team gets to play in the game. I have heard this for years kids that are on hockey teams get to play and it is quite a number of players like 20 and they have number teams for each age bracket. I don't think Langdon is unique in not having kids go out for football the numbers are declining all over parents are concerned about kids getting injured from football.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:55 am

B-oldtimer wrote:The kids out for athletics in boys sports is down in Langdon and has been for several years. The boys numbers for the traditional sports have been way down they do have better numbers for track, cross country, and golf, and a lot of kids there play hockey in the winter. They do have number of younger kids coming up through program that may turn around the traditional sports. I expect in 3 to 4 years they could be good at basketball again and fall flag football numbers have been good but so far it hasn't transferred over to high school. The Munich kids coming over in junior high is going to help in basketball in the future. I guess is that as long as they have hockey I don't expect them to be power house in the more traditional sports of basketball and Football. The hockey season just overlaps too much for kids and kids today love playing hockey. I have heard it from my own kid he wished he'd could have played hockey. I can see it fast fun game where there are positions for you play at that you don't have to big or tall to play and everybody that's on the team gets to play in the game. I have heard this for years kids that are on hockey teams get to play and it is quite a number of players like 20 and they have number teams for each age bracket. I don't think Langdon is unique in not having kids go out for football the numbers are declining all over parents are concerned about kids getting injured from football.
I was pretty surprised when I looked at Langdons roster that I didn't see any of the JR Gold players on the team. That's too bad they didn't go out for football. Hockey players are usually great football players. PRFL had a ton of hockey players and former hockey players, 5 first team all state 1 second team all state. Even if you go deep into the playoffs the hockey season hasn't really even started yet.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:49 am

Why wouldn't a hockey player go out for football? I don't know a lot of hockey players, but the ones that I do know all play football. And they are all very good at it. The best player in our state last year went to the U of Minnesota for football and played high school hockey.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:18 pm

d_fense wrote:Why wouldn't a hockey player go out for football? I don't know a lot of hockey players, but the ones that I do know all play football. And they are all very good at it. The best player in our state last year went to the U of Minnesota for football and played high school hockey.
Yep and I think he could be playing for the Gopher hockey team too. James Johanneson. The Gophers didn't let him play HS Hockey last year though. Thought he could get hurt? Doubt it.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:45 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:The kids out for athletics in boys sports is down in Langdon and has been for several years. The boys numbers for the traditional sports have been way down they do have better numbers for track, cross country, and golf, and a lot of kids there play hockey in the winter. They do have number of younger kids coming up through program that may turn around the traditional sports. I expect in 3 to 4 years they could be good at basketball again and fall flag football numbers have been good but so far it hasn't transferred over to high school. The Munich kids coming over in junior high is going to help in basketball in the future. I guess is that as long as they have hockey I don't expect them to be power house in the more traditional sports of basketball and Football. The hockey season just overlaps too much for kids and kids today love playing hockey. I have heard it from my own kid he wished he'd could have played hockey. I can see it fast fun game where there are positions for you play at that you don't have to big or tall to play and everybody that's on the team gets to play in the game. I have heard this for years kids that are on hockey teams get to play and it is quite a number of players like 20 and they have number teams for each age bracket. I don't think Langdon is unique in not having kids go out for football the numbers are declining all over parents are concerned about kids getting injured from football.
Hockey is a great sport. But Langdon just had their first JR gold game. No OVERLAP even if you win state. GPR had their tryouts the first week when all the football players from PR weren't there. Everyone on the GPR staff welcomed the football players with High Fives! Good luck GPR Hockey!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A