Week 5 Upset of the Week

The teams in Class A

Week 5 Upset of the Week

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Every week, we anticipate the matchups of the regions' top teams only to come away a little disappointed (see PR-FL/Larimore, Velva/BRHS, et al). So for fun, why not try to anticipate some close games or potential upsets?

An example this week could be:
Lewis & Clark/OR (1-3) over Bishop Ryan (2-2) - Ryan comes out flat after an emotional loss last week and L&C pulls the upset 24-22.

Don't worry about being wrong, you won't be graded on your accuracy. :wink: I thought this might be fun to bring attention to some of the less-than-high-profile matchups that could prove to be entertaining games.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Re: Week 5 Upset of the Week

Postby madseason » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:52 pm

I'll say WNG over Velva Sawyer. Probably not but might be a good game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HammerTime » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:43 pm

It sure looked like Lakota was about to get their first win of the season against Rugby tonight. If there is one good quality about Rugby, is they don't quit. The Northern Cass game went to the last play after the Squirrels went up 21-7. Bishop Ryan was up 20-8, I believe, before halftime. And this game was just back and forth, even after WR Ryan Michels and HB Victor Gronvold, valuable players in Rugby, went down. I'm kind of impressed with that resolve.
Last edited by HammerTime on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:45 pm

HammerTime wrote:It sure looked like Lakota was about to get their first win of the season against Rugby tonight. If there is one good quality about Rugby, is they don't quite. The Northern Cass game went to the last play after the Squirrels went up 21-7. Bishop Ryan was up 20-8, I believe, before halftime. And this game was just back and forth, even after WR Ryan Michels and HB Victor Gronvold, valuable players in Rugby, went down. I'm kind of impressed with that resolve.

Northern Cass is the Jaguars...Central Cass is the Squirrels. As someone from that area, you don't want to screw those two up!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby HammerTime » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:56 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:It sure looked like Lakota was about to get their first win of the season against Rugby tonight. If there is one good quality about Rugby, is they don't quite. The Northern Cass game went to the last play after the Squirrels went up 21-7. Bishop Ryan was up 20-8, I believe, before halftime. And this game was just back and forth, even after WR Ryan Michels and HB Victor Gronvold, valuable players in Rugby, went down. I'm kind of impressed with that resolve.

Northern Cass is the Jaguars...Central Cass is the Squirrels. As someone from that area, you don't want to screw those two up!

Oh, come on. I'm not even from the area. Cut me some slack. Sure, they are two different schools, but their names are so similar. Sorry to NC and CC fans.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:03 am

HammerTime wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Oh, come on. I'm not even from the area. Cut me some slack. Sure, they are two different schools, but their names are so similar. Sorry to NC and CC fans.

Berthold/Our Redeemer's almost knocked off Bishop Ryan...game went to overtime. Under this topic...that was the best 'upset' chance of the week (I don't think WNG was an upset...despite the ranking).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:07 pm

RattlerWebWonk wrote:An example this week could be:
Lewis & Clark/OR (1-3) over Bishop Ryan (2-2) - Ryan comes out flat after an emotional loss last week and L&C pulls the upset.

For much of this game I was feeling like Nostradamus. L&C/OR was up 27-7 at one point. I know every win takes a team effort, but from the sound of the game broadcast the Ryan running back basically willed his team to victory...40 carries, 215 rushing yards, 75 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns! Kudos.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Return to A