PRFL vs. Larimore

The teams in Class A

PRFL vs. Larimore

Postby Rivershark » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Curious to hear what peoples thoughts are on this weeks game between PRFL and Larimore. How do the teams match up by size and speed? It will be interesting to see how PRFL's speed matches up against a better team.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: PRFL vs. Larimore

Postby madseason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:25 am

Should be a great game. Larimore I think has the size advantage but PRFL has the speed advantage. PRFL's D is super quick and they have more scoring weapons IMO. I say PRFL by two touchdowns.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Larimore will have to keep it a low scoring game to win. They will have to commit to stopping the run but need to have consistent pressure on Cudmore because he will shred their soft secondary with Flaten and Zimmerman. I have seen both teams play this year and think if larimores big boys can keep PR's full backs from getting to the second level, put cudmore on his back and control the time of possession they will win. However, I don't think it will happen... PR is to athletic. I am taking PR and if Larimore doesn't get pressure... it wont be close.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:42 pm

hook wrote:Larimore will have to keep it a low scoring game to win. They will have to commit to stopping the run but need to have consistent pressure on Cudmore because he will shred their soft secondary with Flaten and Zimmerman. I have seen both teams play this year and think if larimores big boys can keep PR's full backs from getting to the second level, put cudmore on his back and control the time of possession they will win. However, I don't think it will happen... PR is to athletic. I am taking PR and if Larimore doesn't get pressure... it wont be close.

I agree it could be close or another blowout for PRFL. I don't see a blowout Larimore over PRFL.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:12 pm

From as long as I can remember (ten years may be pushing it) Larimore has been the team to beat in region 2. They must have 100% participation and something in the water. PRFL finally beat them last year, don't know if that was the first time ever? But a Healthy Rivalry has grown and it shows in the fan base at games. This is the first time I think PRFL is favored? If PRFL has a rival besides Grafton I'd say its Larimore for sure. Good luck to both teams, I expect only the best from both. And I think the varsitys are going to play a whole game.:)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 pm

The wins in the series often go in streaks as opposed to trading a game here and there. There are two seasons in which I know the teams split when meeting early in the season and then later in the playoffs. As for Friday's game--I haven't seen Larimore play, so I can't really make any predictions.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:19 pm

44-8 PRFL wins. Game was closer than score shows. 16-8 at halftime. Larimore has a great line. Did a good job of stopping the PRFL run game including a goal line stand. But PRFL's defense is just as good at stopping the run. Larimore had to air it out and did a pretty good job until some adjustments were made by PRFL and their defense took over in the fourth. 4 interceptions by PRFL. Huge turnout for the game by both towns. Both first teams played the whole game except PRFL pulled a few at the very end. Great game between two very good A teams.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Game wasn't closer than the score showed. Larimore was in hang on mode from the first quarter. The only score they had was because of +40 yards worth of penalty yards. Park river line dominated the game... didn't expect that... they are the real deal.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 pm

hook wrote:Game wasn't closer than the score showed. Larimore was in hang on mode from the first quarter. The only score they had was because of +40 yards worth of penalty yards. Park river line dominated the game... didn't expect that... they are the real deal.

I agree PRFL line doesn't get the respect they deserve. Larimore couldn't run the ball at all. Awesome Job by the PRFL line and linebackers.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CountryDelight » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:00 am

hook wrote:Game wasn't closer than the score showed. Larimore was in hang on mode from the first quarter. The only score they had was because of +40 yards worth of penalty yards. Park river line dominated the game... didn't expect that... they are the real deal.

This was a 16-8 football game until 10 minutes left in the fourth , so that looks like closer than the score showed.
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:44 pm

CountryDelight wrote:

This was a 16-8 football game until 10 minutes left in the fourth , so that looks like closer than the score showed.
Yea I agree. But PRFL was a lot better. Next time may be different if they play again in the playoffs? Last year I thought Larimore Dominated PRFL in the first game But the playoff game was a different game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A