2015 Polls

The teams in Class A

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby PrepFBrules » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:38 am

madseason wrote:Yea the top 10 are beating each other. And the top 2 would beat any AA tam. IMO.

Top A teams can play with or beat AA teams year in and year out. The difference is the bottom half of A is sad, whereas AA is decent across the board. The Carrington / Park Rivers of the world have some great years with great athletes, but lack the numbers to compete year in and year out in AA. (East semifinal game will be worth driving to this year, first time in my memory Carrington has a good passing game to go with there seamingly endless talent of RBs. They might give PR a game). :twisted:
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:56 am

The reason that records of class a teams shows more losses this year is number of teams is only 24 compared to 32 last year. You just played in your region to set your schedule last year this year every team has had to find games with other regions or played double a team so naturally number of undefeated teams are less this year. My opinion is that there is elite 3 or 4 teams in class A and and 3 or 4 other teams a cut above the rest and that is generous on numbers of elite and cut above. The rest of class A teams in my opinion would have better served to have played 9 man football where they would have been playing for maybe for a playoff spot. I look at region 2 which I am most familiar with Park River hasn't even had close game yet with class A region team they beat Rugby 61 to 6, Larimore 44-8,and Langdon 61-6. Larimore has pretty much beat up rest region except for Park River. Harvey and Rugby will determine who's number 3. Then there's Langdon and Lakota-edmore/DP they will play each other determine who will be bottom of the region. I Think region 1 is very similar with Carrington doing the same thing in that region with Northern Cass and Oakes following there. The rest of region little more balanced than region 2 after that but still not that strong. Class A football this year is not that exciting it will come down to semifinals and state championship before you will see some competitive games this year especially in the east.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:20 pm

B-oldtimer wrote:The reason that records of class a teams shows more losses this year is number of teams is only 24 compared to 32 last year. You just played in your region to set your schedule last year this year every team has had to find games with other regions or played double a team so naturally number of undefeated teams are less this year. My opinion is that there is elite 3 or 4 teams in class A and and 3 or 4 other teams a cut above the rest and that is generous on numbers of elite and cut above. The rest of class A teams in my opinion would have better served to have played 9 man football where they would have been playing for maybe for a playoff spot. I look at region 2 which I am most familiar with Park River hasn't even had close game yet with class A region team they beat Rugby 61 to 6, Larimore 44-8,and Langdon 61-6. Larimore has pretty much beat up rest region except for Park River. Harvey and Rugby will determine who's number 3. Then there's Langdon and Lakota-edmore/DP they will play each other determine who will be bottom of the region. I Think region 1 is very similar with Carrington doing the same thing in that region with Northern Cass and Oakes following there. The rest of region little more balanced than region 2 after that but still not that strong. Class A football this year is not that exciting it will come down to semifinals and state championship before you will see some competitive games this year especially in the east.
When I looked at region 2 at the beginning of the year I thought the games would be hard fought games every week with Rugby and Harvey joining. I know PRFL has almost their whole team back but I was expecting closer games each week.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 pm

lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Barfly » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:08 pm

madseason wrote:Yea the top 10 are beating each other. And the top 2 would beat any AA tam. IMO.

Don't tell me what you've done, tell me who you've done it against !
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Class A
1. Park River-FL (15) 6-0 75
2. Carrington 6-0 60
3. Hazen 5-1 45
4. Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn 5-1 21
5. Killdeer 5-1 17
Others receiving votes: Larimore (5-1) 7.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Barfly wrote:

As in? (clarify your philosophical verbiage).
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Barfly » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:49 pm

5-time state chump wrote:
Barfly wrote:

Philosophical verbiage, really? My point is that even though both Park River and Carrington have each beaten a couple quality opponents, Hazen's only loss is to the top rated AA team and they easily defeated the current number 4 rated team. Hazen has another tough game this week against Killdeer, whose only loss is to Dickinson Trinity. Strength of schedule. Just saying.
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:02 am

Barfly wrote:
Barfly wrote:

Philosophical verbiage, really? My point is that even though both Park River and Carrington have each beaten a couple quality opponents, Hazen's only loss is to the top rated AA team and they easily defeated the current number 4 rated team. Hazen has another tough game this week against Killdeer, whose only loss is to Dickinson Trinity. Strength of schedule. Just saying.
Shanley is one of the best in AA? Grafton was ahead at halftime. PRFL was up 42-8 at half against Grafton and the starters played one series in the third. Hazen and Killdeer are down a little from last year, last year Hazen killed Beulah. And Hazen only lost by two TDs this year and Beulah is ranked #1AA Just saying.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PrepFBrules » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:01 pm

It's all internet BS, the best team will be determined in a month. I'm going with East over West again this year.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 pm

PrepFBrules wrote:It's all internet BS, the best team will be determined in a month. I'm going with East over West again this year.

Most likely you will be right....good semi finals though.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

CLASS A

1. Park River-FL (17) 7-0 85
2. Carrington 7-0 68
3. Killdeer 6-1 47
4. Larimore 6-1 28
5. Hazen 5-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (6-1) 7, Velva/Sawyer (6-1) 4, Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn (5-2) 2.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Barfly wrote:
Barfly wrote:

So your point is....? That Hazen should be getting more "attention" ?

If I understand the playoffs correctly, any decent team will be given the chance to prove how decent they really are.

PS. Trinity isn't good.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:50 am

madseason wrote:
Barfly wrote:
Barfly wrote:

Shanley is one of the best in AA? Grafton was ahead at halftime. PRFL was up 42-8 at half against Grafton and the starters played one series in the third. Hazen and Killdeer are down a little from last year, last year Hazen killed Beulah. And Hazen only lost by two TDs this year and Beulah is ranked #1AA Just saying.

All of this reminds me of a team from the east that was beating everybody buy 30 plus points. Everyone said they would win the AA. Everybody thought that the championship game would be a blow out. And it was, that team from the East lost 33 - 12. And if I remember right that west team had a loss that year also. Can you tell me the teams??
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Barfly » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:17 am

PR and Carrington are clearly the two top A teams. When they meet in the playoffs it would be easy to assume that game would be the true championship game. Hazen, I felt, had a tougher schedule the first few weeks of the season. Hazen, if at full strength, would at least helped to provide an interesting championship game. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Good luck to all teams as the jockeying for final playoff seedings begins. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. Hope the fantastic football weather sticks around for a for a while longer !
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby winners&losers » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:36 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:
madseason wrote:
Barfly wrote:
Barfly wrote:

All of this reminds me of a team from the east that was beating everybody buy 30 plus points. Everyone said they would win the AA. Everybody thought that the championship game would be a blow out. And it was, that team from the East lost 33 - 12. And if I remember right that west team had a loss that year also. Can you tell me the teams??

Velva vs. Cavalier!
winners&losers

Postby EEDA » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:38 am

For scores of past championship games check out the NDHSAA home page. They provide scores of all past championships games for all classes. Hope this helps.

2005 Class A Championship
Velva/Sawyer 33 Cavalier 12
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Barfly wrote:PR and Carrington are clearly the two top A teams. When they meet in the playoffs it would be easy to assume that game would be the true championship game. Hazen, I felt, had a tougher schedule the first few weeks of the season. Hazen, if at full strength, would at least helped to provide an interesting championship game. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Good luck to all teams as the jockeying for final playoff seedings begins. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. Hope the fantastic football weather sticks around for a for a while longer !
Last year Hazen /Killdeer was the Championship game. PRFL didn't have a shot. Most picked Killdeer by 25 points?? HMM Don't over look anyone.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HammerTime » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Just a quick hot take. I would take Carrington over Park River in the semis. Carrington is at home. And the 1 common opponent, Rugby, lost to Carrington by more.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm

HammerTime wrote:Just a quick hot take. I would take Carrington over Park River in the semis. Carrington is at home. And the 1 common opponent, Rugby, lost to Carrington by more.

4 common opponents - Rugby, Oak Grove, Harvey-Wells County & Milnor-North Sargent
Park River-FL
vs. Rugby - W 61-6
vs. Oak Grove - W 58-0
vs. Milnor-NS - W 64-6
vs. Harvey-WC - W 58-14

Carrington
vs. Rugby - W 69-6
vs. Oak Grove - W 65-14
vs. Milnor-NS - W 71-24
vs. Harvey-WC - W 36-6
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Rivershark » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:Just a quick hot take. I would take Carrington over Park River in the semis. Carrington is at home. And the 1 common opponent, Rugby, lost to Carrington by more.

4 common opponents - Rugby, Oak Grove, Harvey-Wells County & Milnor-North Sargent
Park River-FL
vs. Rugby - W 61-6
vs. Oak Grove - W 58-0
vs. Milnor-NS - W 64-6
vs. Harvey-WC - W 58-14

Carrington
vs. Rugby - W 69-6
vs. Oak Grove - W 65-14
vs. Milnor-NS - W 71-24
vs. Harvey-WC - W 36-6

Not the best comparison, but what else is out there for stats? In all four of these games, PRFL had their JV team playing by the middle of the 3rd period. Let's wait and see how Carrington does against a good Larimore team.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:01 am

Common opponents means absolutely nothing unless a trend develops in the scores, and the only trend developing in the common opponent scores between PRFL and Carrington is that both handily defeated those common opponents.

We really don't know. Let those unknowns be part of the intrigue and just hope that these two teams get to play somewhere down the road. Do not overlook the 2 seeds, particularly Larimore. I haven't seen Northern Cass play so can't really comment on how good they are, but Larimore is the real deal and a team that was clearly going to improve throughout the year.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:21 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:

Polls mean absolutely nothing.

Agreed.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:24 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:

Common opponents means absolutely nothing unless a trend develops in the scores, and the only trend developing in the common opponent scores between PRFL and Carrington is that both handily defeated those common opponents.

We really don't know. Let those unknowns be part of the intrigue and just hope that these two teams get to play somewhere down the road. Do not overlook the 2 seeds, particularly Larimore. I haven't seen Northern Cass play so can't really comment on how good they are, but Larimore is the real deal and a team that was clearly going to improve throughout the year.
Haven't seen Northern Cass either, but I have seen Larimore and I don't think Carrington is going to walk right through them. If they aren't ready there could be an upset.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I think Larimore has the best chance to pull off what PR did last year. They seemed to run out of gas against PR earlier in the year and at the end of the season the big boys will be in tip top shape. Park River doesn't seem to be as crisp as they were at the beginning of the season and the loss of Will Zimmerman takes away that shut down corner and spark plug. Carrington seems to be playing quite well but will have to go through a Larimore team that has something to prove after last years semi's. Will be some great games hope the guys stay healthy and have fun.
hook
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A