2015 class A 11-man

The teams in Class A

2015 class A 11-man

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:22 am

I would like to hear what people think of this new 11 man A set up for the coming year. I guess I will express myself in saying I don't see the need for this division now my feeling is teams in this division could either go to double A or 9 man division. I think a lot of teams in this division would have stayed 11 man but some of teams would have gone 9 man based location and travel. Some these schools wouldn't have dominated 9 man they would be competitive with other powers to be in 9 man. If they wanted to a fourth
division it would have been 6 man football because some of smaller 9 man teams I believe would be looking at this to competitive and maybe some of the coops would have chosen to dissolve and have their own 6 man teams.
This division of 11 man now is so small and teams are going to have to travel so much to get in full schedule of games I believe its going to hurt these programs for participation. Also I haven't heard how it will work for playoffs but I assume that out of the 24 teams 16 will make the playoffs. This will make regular season just positioning for playoffs for number of the teams. I look at teams in NE North Dakota my guess is I could tell you already 4 playoff teams and only question of their order for next season. Also with loss of a lot of 11 man teams to 9 man many of rivalries for many teams have been lost to number of teams that have gone to 9 man. I also look at travel that's going to be needed to have full season and I think this 2015=16 plan has fallen down for A 11 man. It has improved 9 man and AA and AAA has remained status quo.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A