Killdeer or Park River. Who comes out on top?

The teams in Class A

Killdeer or Park River. Who comes out on top?

Postby NDFBall » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Thoughts!
NDFBall
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Killdeer or Park River. Who comes out on top?

Postby ndfootball4444 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Killdeer 48 - Park River 13
Killdeer too much for teams right now. They wore down a tough Hazen team on the road. That game could have been a state match up in itself. Although, I think that Hazen win meant more to them than anything else. They seem to have the complete package as the season ends. Very quick on the turf. Park River clicking also post season. Really thought Larimore would have took control of that game. It may end a closer score but odds are highly in favor of the cowboys.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:35 am

Killdeer by 18 points. Great combination of speed and size. They just seem to have taken their game to another level after the loss to Hazen in the regular season.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Sniper wrote:Killdeer by 18 points. Great combination of speed and size. They just seem to have taken their game to another level after the loss to Hazen in the regular season.

I agree with you, Ill be pulling for PRFL just dont think they have enough.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:51 am

I agree Park River is not quite as talented and deep as is Killdeer. It helped them playing Larimore last weekend they knew them and Park River game planned for them by gambling by putting extra people up in the box to stop Larimore. I believe it should be very competitive game because Park River can score and are very well coached and they do a good job of game planning.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDFBall » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 pm

I figures most would pick Killdeer here the only way I see Park River standing a chance is if Rohr or Dobitz goes down and even then they can run Knopik at you or throw it up to 3 ( Jepson- 6'2 Kling 6'4 or LeMieux 6'5) of their Recievers all of them have good speed and I saw Kling had two of the sickest catches I've seen against Harvey.
Killdeer- 42
Park River- 8
Killdeer's defense is one of the best I've ever seen out of class A.
NDFBall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:44 pm

PR-F-L State Champs. 26-18.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsphenom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Congrats to PRFL, won all their playoff games on the road, very hard to do. Very fun championship game to watch, hope the rest are just as entertaining.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:05 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Congrats to PRFL, won all their playoff games on the road, very hard to do. Very fun championship game to watch, hope the rest are just as entertaining.

Won last 2 on the road to be accurate...first one was at home.

Still great end to a great season for the Aggies...coming out on top after being underdogs for most of postseason.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfootball4444 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Congratulations to Park River/F/L... They came to play and prove some people wrong. They lit the air up and played great defense. Took control of a prity good Killdeer team. PR/F/L is an under rated team. 98 yrs you deserve a good one.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Park River played very good game today and surprised me in how well they played a very good Killdeer team. Coach Goll and his assistants did very good job of coaching and had good game plan to beat Killdeer. It was fun to watch skilled team like Park River play very good game where they used their athletic talents to have a good offensive day and defensive day. It was fun to watch a team pass the football consistently and open up the game offensively. A lot of coaches won't pass when their talent and make up of the team should lead these coaches to different offensive attack.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blackheart » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:05 am

Great job Aggies! The D really ramped up in the 2nd half holding Killdeer scoreless. Great play on the hit that caused the fumble and ensuing touchdown for the Aggies in the 2nd half...that really got them fired up. Killdeers D also pitched a shutout in the second half but Park River was able to make enough plays to keep the clock moving. I couldn't tell from the webcast but how close was the field goal attempt by PRFL? Looked liked the kicker had plenty of distance.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:51 pm

When was the last time a "true" (by true, I mean not counting Harvey) east team won Class A?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 pm

bison football73 wrote:When was the last time a "true" (by true, I mean not counting Harvey) east team won Class A?

if you don't include Harvey...never:

http://www.ndhsaanow.com/champions/football
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EASTCOAST » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Harvey beat Stanley in 98. Harvey was the East representative out of Region 2 that year. The other 2 titles they won were while in Region 3 West.
EASTCOAST
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hook » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 am

The class A game was imho the best game of the day to watch. I was very impressed with how well the communities were represented with the largest crowd of the day! The young men played very hard and each team went out of there way to act with class and help each other up all game. The game itself hade everything you could ask for in a championship game. Killdeer was very strong at the linebacker and lineman positions... Park River showed fanatic athleticism across the board with contributions coming from all over the field. The 2 players that stood out to me were PR's Abe Hankey's ability to throw the ball around and make good reads against a very athletic killdeer defense and Will Zimmerman's nack for making the big play. I watched Will play babe ruth baseball this season and he isn't 140 lbs (more like 125 soaking wet) he had 4 tackles that saved HUGE chunks of yardage and obviously the hit that popped the ball to Jackson Hankey was a thing of beauty. Park River was very underrated and had plenty of bulletin board material through the playoffs! they played the last 3 games without 2 very talented players in Daman Flaten and Noah Zimmerman. Hats off to both teams for a hard fought game and both communities for representing class A!
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:42 pm

As someone who watched quite a few PRFL games this year, I'd like to mention a few players whose names may not have come up as often as others throughout the season. Spencer Rehovsky and Daniel Onstad played really well on the defensive line. Rehovsky started to get some recognition near the end of the season, and it was well deserved. Onstad was recovering from an injury earlier in the year, but was a mainstay on both sides of the ball once he was healthy. On the offensive line, I'd like to commend Matt Dobmeier and Daman Flaten for making such a successful transition from skill positions to the line, as both players got better and better on that side of the ball as the year wore on. Michael Nord also played well for a good portion of the season at a tackle position. He's a kid who's had to deal with knee issues for a few years, so it was good to see him out on the field. Adam Johnson and Rehovsky proved to quite the duo to run behind on the other side of that offensive line, rounding out a group of 5 (6, counting Onstad) that consistently improved throughout the year. Defensively, some posters have already mentioned Flaten and Hankey, who were hard hits waiting to happen. Dobmeier deserves a ton of credit, as well, at the linebacker position. He had perhaps his best game for PRFL in the semifinal round against Larimore. I lost count of the tackles he was involved in, including a nice solo tackle for loss on Jake Peterson that halted a second half Larimore drive that had crossed midfield. I don't think there was a better linebacking trio in the state than Dobmeier, Flaten, and Jackson Hankey. Esten Beneda also played well at linebacker, moving back from the defensive line to fill in for Flaten when he was injured. In the secondary, Arndt and both Zimmermans were great at corner, as was Abe Hankey when he saw the field on defense. Levi Cudmore accounted for quite a few turnovers during the year at the safety position. Overall, most people knew about PRFL's offense. The defense that complemented it was dominant.

It was nice to see an East team win the title, and as another poster mentioned, it was great to see a coaching staff embrace a style of offensive football not often seen in Class A. Fun to watch doesn't even begin to describe PRFL.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Return to A