NDPreps The King

Re: 2013 State Championship

Postby bison football73 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Hazen wins big. 52-8.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby irisheel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:50 pm

bison football73 wrote:Hazen wins big. 52-8.

I agree! Too much talent for the Bulldogs. I won't go with as big a spread, but 40-20, Bison!

Good Luck to both teams!!
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Hazen better be able to pass against MNS front 4.
Last edited by TheOneTheOnly on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison football73 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm

MNS won't be able to get through hazen's front five. 3 of them started on their state championship team last year and a 4th saw plenty of playing time. Hazen averaged 5 yards a carry against DLB. That's getting a push.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:36 pm

bison football73 wrote:MNS won't be able to get through hazen's front five. 3 of them started on their state championship team last year and a 4th saw plenty of playing time. Hazen averaged 5 yards a carry against DLB. That's getting a push.

5 yards a carry is good, but nothing super impressive.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby longball » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:15 pm

bison football73 wrote:MNS won't be able to get through hazen's front five. 3 of them started on their state championship team last year and a 4th saw plenty of playing time. Hazen averaged 5 yards a carry against DLB. That's getting a push.

MNS has a bunch of players that have won a championship in basketball when everyone said that they were beat before they ever got to Minot. That team pulled together and won the whole thing. They will come out on fire and play like they have nothing to lose again. Hazen better not get ahead of themselves or they could end up losing this game. Hazen gives up a lot in the passing D fence. Opp will have a hard time against Mund. This will be a lot better game than what most people think it will be. Hazen by 14
longball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PPG » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Hazen is a very fast and explosive team on offense. Hazen has three legit home run hitters on offense and the best line in A football. The starting defense has given up only 4 TDs the whole season. Hazen has faced spread offenses all season long and Opp and the rest of the secondary have done well. Hazen will respect MNS and not over look them, and they will be well prepared. Hazen is a very physical team that plays well together and believes in each other. Fact is, the speed of Hazen will be even greater
on the turf inside the Fargo Dome. Remember, this isn't basketball and Hazen will win another title.
Oh by the way, 5 yards per carry is very impressive, just ask DLB!
PPG
NDPreps Rookie

Postby longball » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:53 pm

PPG wrote:Hazen is a very fast and explosive team on offense. Hazen has three legit home run hitters on offense and the best line in A football. The starting defense has given up only 4 TDs the whole season. Hazen has faced spread offenses all season long and Opp and the rest of the secondary have done well. Hazen will respect MNS and not over look them, and they will be well prepared. Hazen is a very physical team that plays well together and believes in each other. Fact is, the speed of Hazen will be even greater
on the turf inside the Fargo Dome. Remember, this isn't basketball and Hazen will win another title.

The reference to basketball was that MNS kids have championship experience being under dogs in the big show. I believe MNS will be well prepared to and will give Hazen some competition.
longball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby longball » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:59 pm

PPG wrote:Hazen is a very fast and explosive team on offense. Hazen has three legit home run hitters on offense and the best line in A football. The starting defense has given up only 4 TDs the whole season. Hazen has faced spread offenses all season long and Opp and the rest of the secondary have done well. Hazen will respect MNS and not over look them, and they will be well prepared. Hazen is a very physical team that plays well together and believes in each other. Fact is, the speed of Hazen will be even greater

And if this was basketball it would be Milnor over Hazen by at least 25
longball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby timberwolf » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:15 am

MNS 26 Hazen 24. This game will be very close, within a touchdown either way. I have studied tape on both Hazen and MNS and I can say that athleticism is no shortfall for MNS. 6'4 Mund will impress you with his quickness. Hazen is very powerful and if they execute as well as today it will be tough for MNS to stop them consistently. However, I feel that MNS is better suited to play Hazen. MNS is know for stopping the run and for having an offense that can air it out which later sets up lots of running (or vice versa). Hazen is known for their explosive running game and their tremendous run defense. Yes, their pass defense has shown some holes (like MNS) this could be Hazen's downfall..
Run4Happiness
timberwolf
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 am

R4#1 Hazen (11-0) vs. R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (9-2)

Hazen wins 24-20
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 am

PPG wrote:Oh by the way, 5 yards per carry is very impressive, just ask DLB!

What did Hazen average per carry for the season? I bet it's way higher than 5 yards a carry. I doubt in the history of ND football there has never been an all state RB that has averaged less than 5 yards per carry.

Not passing the entire game and winning the way they did is impressive.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby PPG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:01 pm

Well heres the thing, most passing yards put up against Hazen has been against the JV in garbage time. Nothing against MNS, they have a good team and some good talent, they did a great job to get a chance to play for the title. However, if you have truely watched film and evaluate the true talent that Hazen has, you understand what Hazen brings to the table. Hazen is the better team across the board and will prove it on Friday at 12:00 p.m. All the games on Friday will be fun to watch and should be entertaining.
Hazen always does their talking on the field and will come ready to do battle!!
Last edited by PPG on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PPG
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportscrazy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Well being many of you have ordained Hazen the champs already I guess there is no reason to go to Fargo and watch the game. Oops I guess maybe if we look deeper the numbers show this might not be as lopsided as it seems. Hazen is a great team with great experience and talented players. But if they line up and try and run the ball every down it wi'll play into MNS's strength. MNS is big and physical and their team strength is the DE's and LB's. Teams that have had success have done it in the air. Yesterday against Linton I believe the stats (which haven't been made official) will show Linton had negative rushung yards for the day. On a day which the wind was howling and it was tough to throw unless you had the wind at your back. MNS shut down a very talented well caoched Linton squad. I have seen Hazen play. They are good but if they dont throw the ball a little to keep MNS honest it could make it very interesting. MNS 24-Hazen 22. In the game of the day.
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby irisheel » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:53 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Well being many of you have ordained Hazen the champs already I guess there is no reason to go to Fargo and watch the game. Oops I guess maybe if we look deeper the numbers show this might not be as lopsided as it seems. Hazen is a great team with great experience and talented players. But if they line up and try and run the ball every down it wi'll play into MNS's strength. MNS is big and physical and their team strength is the DE's and LB's. Teams that have had success have done it in the air. Yesterday against Linton I believe the stats (which haven't been made official) will show Linton had negative rushung yards for the day. On a day which the wind was howling and it was tough to throw unless you had the wind at your back. MNS shut down a very talented well caoched Linton squad. I have seen Hazen play. They are good but if they dont throw the ball a little to keep MNS honest it could make it very interesting. MNS 24-Hazen 22. In the game of the day.

Maybe Hazen didn't need to throw on DLB, they rushed for 280 and they won big. You were quick to judge peoples predictions on the game, that's what posters come here to do and give their 2 cents.

You predict a close game others predict differently.
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:57 pm

sportscrazy wrote: But if they line up and try and run the ball every down it wi'll play into MNS's strength. MNS is big and physical and their team strength is the DE's and LB's. Teams that have had success have done it in the air.

Lisbon rushed for over 400 yards vs M-NS.

Still think the Bulldogs will be in the game at the end. Good match up of two well-tested teams!
Last edited by Mailman_25 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dun1234 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:03 pm

This is gonna be a repeat of last year, Hazen blows them out.
Dun1234
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:35 pm

Lisbon was the first game of the year for the bulldogs. We will see how Hazen does don't count them out till the game is over!! MNS 24 Hazen 16
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:53 pm

TheOneTheOnly wrote:Lisbon was the first game of the year for the bulldogs. We will see how Hazen does don't count them out till the game is over!! MNS 24 Hazen 16

Understood. I like MN-S to make this a good game. The poster just implied that no team has had success running against the Bulldogs. First game or not, that was not a true statement. That is why I quoted the specific part I was replying to.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison football73 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Hazen's been making a living off running th ball the last 10 years. You guys are saying MNS has big, strong guys up front but Hazen is just as big and strong plus they are smart and experienced in FOOTBALL. Everyone thinks Hazen is an outside, use their speed to get around you type of team, but that's not all they do. Anyone actually watch the DLB game? Every run in between the tackles was a 5, 6, and 7 yard gain. That's power football.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby longball » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Can't wait to see Mund vs Opp matchup
longball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WEST » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:12 pm

My guess is Hazen 28-13. Why, I look at it as ya MNS has championship experience from being in an underdog spot,but Hazen has experience in being top dog and what they need to do to get it done.
WEST
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WEST » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Also I have to correct something Hazen offense had 470 yards rushing. It was bornemann alone who had 280 not the whole team.
WEST
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gotgame43 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:15 pm

obviously both teams belong here, I hope its a battle. I hope its low scoring and the best football game we have seen in a long time. BOTH teams have had their share of triumphs and I am guessing when we hear the last buzzer no matter who comes out on top, they will both respect each other's performance. I think it will come down to turnovers which is respectable. May the best team win and do it with humility.
gotgame43
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A