2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

The teams in Class A

2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie 14 @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent 33
R1#4 Linton-HMB 16 @ R1#2 Oakes 9

R3#3 Velva 7 @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington 19
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's 14 @ R4#1 Hazen 56
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie (8-2) @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2)
R1#4 Linton-HMB (7-2) @ R1#2 Oakes (7-2)

R3#3 Velva (6-3) @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (9-0)
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2) @ R4#1 Hazen (9-0)
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie (8-2) @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2)
R1#4 Linton-HMB (7-2) @ R1#2 Oakes (7-2)

R3#3 Velva (6-3) @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (9-0)
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2) @ R4#1 Hazen (9-0)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm

If DLB plays to its fullest potential, they should make it to the end.
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
User avatar
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby FootballFan55 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:46 pm

Velva and DLB could go either way depending on what team shows up. Im predicting Velva in this one though
FootballFan55
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Velva lost to DLB earlier this season by a few points which were scored late in the game. Since then I have seen DLB holding off some teams for the wins and doing enough to get through the region and earn a victory in the playoffs. Velva on the other hand has been steadily improving and showed it last week against Killdeer. I think if they are healthy it could be quite a different game between these two teams. DLB better not show thinking that the earlier victory will be enough to help them in this one as well. It has the makings of a good game as I see both teams are well coached and will not in any way overlook the opponent in front of them. I will put my money on Velva but we will see what happens this weekend. Wish I could be at the game.
User avatar
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 am
Location: Mandan, ND

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportscrazy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 am

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie (8-2) @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) - 1:30pm
R1#4 Linton-HMB (7-2) @ R1#2 Oakes (7-2) - 1:30pm

R3#3 Velva (6-3) @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (9-0) - 1:00pm
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2) @ R4#1 Hazen (9-0) - 1:30pm

MNS will win in a grinder. Low scoring with tough defense and it will be who makes the least mistakes. Oakes on a splash play over 65 yards because its tough to beat a team twice in a year.
Velva will be prepared and well coached and once again its tough to beat a team twice in one year.
Hazen will be too much for B-OR to handle. Setting up two very interesting Semi final games.
Region 1 teams separated by only 26 miles which was a 8-6 MNS win in the regular season.
And two pereinial west power houses. Should make for some exciting football.
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby RHSPanthers4Lyfe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:04 am

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie (8-2) @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) - 1:30pm
R1#4 Linton-HMB (7-2) @ R1#2 Oakes (7-2) - 1:30pm

R3#3 Velva (6-3) @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (9-0) - 1:00pm
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2) @ R4#1 Hazen (9-0) - 1:30pm
RHSPanthers4Lyfe
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:14 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby Blackheart » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Lakers at home win another close one....I hope.
Blackheart
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby lovwatchingsports » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Saturday, November 2nd
R2#2 North Prairie (8-2) @ R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) - 1:30pm
[b]R1#4 Linton-HMB (7-2)[/b] @ R1#2 Oakes (7-2) - 1:30pm

R3#3 Velva (6-3) @ R3#1 Des Lacs-Burlington (9-0) - 1:00pm
R3#2 Berthold-Our Redeemer's (7-2) @ R4#1 Hazen (9-0) - 1:30pm
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm surprised so many are predicting Milnor, who got pumped by Carrington, to beat NP, who pumped Carrington.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby ndfbfan70 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:28 pm

5-time state chump wrote:I'm surprised so many are predicting Milnor, who got pumped by Carrington, to beat NP, who pumped Carrington.


MNS played Carrington during the monsoon of 2013 and MNS is a very balanced team, so their passing game was nil. Carrington was also healthy when they played MNS. When they played NP their backs were beat up and from my understanding their QB got hurt early in the game. when Carrington was healthy they are/were a very good team, they had some very bad luck this year.

Not making excuses just an explanation of why people might be picking milnor.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:41 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportscrazy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 am

Driving rain, blowing wind, and home field. Carrington took advantage of two botched punt snaps( one at the 5 yard line and one for a touchdown) and the opening kick off return also for a touchdown. The stat sheet otherwise showed a very balanced game. 0 passing yards for either team on I believe three attempts. And around 140yards offense for both teams. Carrington was a very explosive team up until that game. And they are young I expect a very talented Carrington team next year. Then they lost three straight due to injuries and facing quality opponents( HCV, Oakes, NP). If we are going based on scores which is ridiculous in high school football. MNS beat Oakes the following week 8-6 and then Oakes went on to "pump" as you say Carrington 39-0 in a game that meant everything to both teams. That's why they play the games. We all get to pick our favorites and somebody has to win and lose. Good luck to all those that still have a horse in the race. May all the teams get through this weekend healthy and may the best team win.
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby bsoldiergirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Not sure why Velva is favored by so many to beat DLBon Saturday. Please explain this to me. If I recall correctly, many favored Rugby and Berthold over DLB and DLB went on to beat both solidly. Never underestimate the power of the LAKERS!!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
User avatar
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 pm

bsoldiergirl wrote:Not sure why Velva is favored by so many to beat DLBon Saturday. Please explain this to me. If I recall correctly, many favored Rugby and Berthold over DLB and DLB went on to beat both solidly. Never underestimate the power of the LAKERS!!


They both played Rugby at the end of the year

DLB 15 Rugby 6
Velva 28 Rugby 6

Velva beat the number three team in the state last weekend in Killdeer
DLB struggled with the number four team from region 4, New Salem, five turn overs. Thank goodness New Salem had more.
Your only as good as your last game in peoples eyes.

Most think its hard to beat a good team twice.

Most think it will be a good close game. Not underestimate, just think Velva will pull this one off.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportscrazy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:45 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:Not sure why Velva is favored by so many to beat DLBon Saturday. Please explain this to me. If I recall correctly, many favored Rugby and Berthold over DLB and DLB went on to beat both solidly. Never underestimate the power of the LAKERS!!


They both played Rugby at the end of the year

DLB 15 Rugby 6
Velva 28 Rugby 6

Velva beat the number three team in the state last weekend in Killdeer
DLB struggled with the number four team from region 4, New Salem, five turn overs. Thank goodness New Salem had more.
Your only as good as your last game in peoples eyes.

Most think its hard to beat a good team twice.

Most think it will be a good close game. Not underestimate, just think Velva will pull this one off.


Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby packers21 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:59 pm

ndfbfan70 wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:I'm surprised so many are predicting Milnor, who got pumped by Carrington, to beat NP, who pumped Carrington.


MNS played Carrington during the monsoon of 2013 and MNS is a very balanced team, so their passing game was nil. Carrington was also healthy when they played MNS. When they played NP their backs were beat up and from my understanding their QB got hurt early in the game. when Carrington was healthy they are/were a very good team, they had some very bad luck this year.

Not making excuses just an explanation of why people might be picking milnor.


Multiple injuries completely derailed Carringtons football season. Plain and Simple.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:Not sure why Velva is favored by so many to beat DLBon Saturday. Please explain this to me. If I recall correctly, many favored Rugby and Berthold over DLB and DLB went on to beat both solidly. Never underestimate the power of the LAKERS!!


They both played Rugby at the end of the year

DLB 15 Rugby 6
Velva 28 Rugby 6

Velva beat the number three team in the state last weekend in Killdeer
DLB struggled with the number four team from region 4, New Salem, five turn overs. Thank goodness New Salem had more.
Your only as good as your last game in peoples eyes.

Most think its hard to beat a good team twice.

Most think it will be a good close game. Not underestimate, just think Velva will pull this one off.


Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!


Velva is a lot better now than they were earlier in the season.

DL-B beat Velva 22-20 back on September 13th (3rd week of season)...that's a long time ago in a HS Football season.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14348
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby classB4ever » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!


Good post!!
classB4ever
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:03 pm

classB4ever wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!


Good post!!


Might be best ever!
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportscrazy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
classB4ever wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!


Good post!!


Might be best ever!


Thanks! This is what makes HS football great! Passionate fans supporting their communities! I might as well throw some more gas on the fire. Too many times people get caught up in the numbers game. "The big schools have an advantage". It is what you make of it. Here are the enrollment numbers.
(Boys 7-10)
Velva- 42
Milnor-North Sargent- 65
Linton- HMB- 70

These three schools would be 9 man had they not chosen to Opt-up

North Prarrie- 72 barely above the bottom
Oakes-81
Hazen-100
DLB- 102
OR- 105

David and goliath! Love it.
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby bsoldiergirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:29 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:Not sure why Velva is favored by so many to beat DLBon Saturday. Please explain this to me. If I recall correctly, many favored Rugby and Berthold over DLB and DLB went on to beat both solidly. Never underestimate the power of the LAKERS!!


They both played Rugby at the end of the year

DLB 15 Rugby 6
Velva 28 Rugby 6

Velva beat the number three team in the state last weekend in Killdeer
DLB struggled with the number four team from region 4, New Salem, five turn overs. Thank goodness New Salem had more.
Your only as good as your last game in peoples eyes.

Most think its hard to beat a good team twice.

Most think it will be a good close game. Not underestimate, just think Velva will pull this one off.


Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by what I posted. I totally respect and value other peoples opinions and I do not get angry or upset when they differ from mine. I agree, any team can be beaten on any given day. I believe it will be an awesome game! Whether DLB or Velva wins, both teams have had an awesome season. Thanks "sportscrazy" for opening my eyes. I am new on this forum, so please cut me a break. :D
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
User avatar
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportscrazy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Not meaning to get on anyone's case. I love that people are passionate about their teams. Good luck this weekend. Maybe we can both make it to the finals! :D
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 am

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby bsoldiergirl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

sportscrazy wrote:Not meaning to get on anyone's case. I love that people are passionate about their teams. Good luck this weekend. Maybe we can both make it to the finals! :D

See you there!!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
User avatar
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby mklein5409 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Not sure about teams from the West, as only know them from scores and this forum, but all 4 teams from the East may have another competitor to deal with: the WEATHER!! NP is more of a run team than the balanced attack of the other 3. If the wind blows, we will see which team can be the most successful in pounding the ball. Forcast is low 40's but otherwise mild for this Sat.
mklein5409
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Next

Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron