Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 am

Coming down to last games
1. Milnor-North Sargent
2. Oakes
3. Carrington
4. Linton
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Re: How's everyone see Region 1 laying out?

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Looks like my prediction was good
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 pm

What ya got for next year standings?
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby YMCMB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm

1. Oakes
2. Milnor- NS
3. Linton- HMB
4. Carrington
5. Hillsboro
6. Northern cass
7. Kidder county
8. Ellendale- Edgeley
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 pm

1. Carrington- some of their better players returning
2. Hillsboro- good numbers and experience. I struggle to not put them #1.
3. Milnor/North Sargent- some very strong linemen return. Best position to be strong at.
4. Oakes- best returning Qb, but have struggled running the ball for a couple years.
5. Linton- someone has to miss the playoffs, and I'm going with an upset.
6. Northern Cass- a notch below the top 5, but well ahead of the bottom 2.
7. Ellendale Edgeley- gained good experience last year and improved all season long.
8. Kidder County- seems like the boys have grown accustom to losing. I don't see it changing.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby bequickdonthurry » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:22 pm

1. Carrington
2-3. Oakes or Hills-CV
4-5. L-HMB or M/NS
6-8. NC, EEK, or KC

If Carrington and their tailback stay healthy, they can run away with it. Other spots are up for grabs.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby PrepFBrules » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:48 pm

bequickdonthurry wrote:1. Carrington
2-3. Oakes or Hills-CV
4-5. L-HMB or M/NS
6-8. NC, EEK, or KC

If Carrington and their tailback stay healthy, they can run away with it. Other spots are up for grabs.

We played Carrington tonight, they are VERY fast. Defensively a big fullback can get some yards on em, but good luck breaking any. They are loaded at RB/receiver.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:03 am

Watched Oakes play EEK last night. Oakes is going to be a tough out for anyone this year. Best QB in the Region if not state. Very skilled RBs and WRs and their OL/DL, anchored by the Kelly boys and Bopp, give Meehl lots of time to pick teams apart. Super athletic defensively. Impressed with their play calling and scheme as well. This could be their year.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby PrepFBrules » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:34 am

Oakees QB is very talented, for that reason Im going to put them ahead of Carrington. Carrington's pass coverage is not very good, despite the speed.
1. Oakes
2. Carrington
3. Hillsboro
4. Milnor
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:30 pm

1. Oakes
2. Carrington

3. Hillsboro-CV
4. Northern Cass
5. Linton-HMB
6. Milnor-North Sargent

7. Kidder County
8. Ellendale-EK
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby MtGbCc » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:15 am

I'll be interested to see the Oakes vs Carrington matchup. Is that game coming up soon?
MtGbCc
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am

MtGbCc wrote:I'll be interested to see the Oakes vs Carrington matchup. Is that game coming up soon?

That and each of their match ups with HCV should be good games as well.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Don't put the cart before the horse. HCV is at LHMB this week and that won't exactly be a cupcake for HCV. LHMB with home field, 4 hour bus ride for HCV, and injury bug starting to hit. I still think HCV is the favorite in that game, but I don't think it will be a walkover.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Hinsa wrote:Don't put the cart before the horse. HCV is at LHMB this week and that won't exactly be a cupcake for HCV. LHMB with home field, 4 hour bus ride for HCV, and injury bug starting to hit. I still think HCV is the favorite in that game, but I don't think it will be a walkover.

Excellent point. 100% agree.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfootball4444 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:26 pm

MtGbCc wrote:I'll be interested to see the Oakes vs Carrington matchup. Is that game coming up soon?

Yes ,... Same here. Would like to see that game. That region has more competitive regular season games going on then other regions it seems. Those teams should be battle tested.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 am

Hinsa wrote:Don't put the cart before the horse. HCV is at LHMB this week and that won't exactly be a cupcake for HCV. LHMB with home field, 4 hour bus ride for HCV, and injury bug starting to hit. I still think HCV is the favorite in that game, but I don't think it will be a walkover.

How would you like to be the radio guy that had to go 250 miles to cover the game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Almost posted something last night but thought maybe I should wait to see if I felt differently this morning, but after talking to some others, I really don't. We played a Carrington team last night that was simply better than us (juniors and seniors versus mostly sophomores and freshman), we have seen this situation previously this year vs Oakes, but their head coach handled the situation much better than Carrington's coach. When you are running hurry up on offense and rushing 7 guys every down on defense in a game that is already well in hand, one has to wonder what your motivation is. Oakes could have done the same thing against us but didn't because, what would that prove? I guess only Coach Hochhalter from Carrington can answer that question. I do want to commend Coach Dobitz from Oakes for being a class act.

This said, I have been around long enough to know that sometimes coaches lose perspective and these things happen. I also know that our boys are resilient and will not let this derail them from working to get better every week. I also know a thing or two about karma. Go Oakes.

However, I would be remiss if I were not to mention how impressed I was with Carrington's speed, skill and athleticism. From an x and o standpoint, they are extremely well coached as well. They are very, very good and their match up with the aforementioned Oakes Tornadoes could be epic.

Also, anyone who counts out LHMB from being able to make a run in the post season, hasn't been paying attention to Coach Imdieke's long and distinguished career.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:52 pm

EHS1998 wrote:Almost posted something last night but thought maybe I should wait to see if I felt differently this morning, but after talking to some others, I really don't. We played a Carrington team last night that was simply better than us (juniors and seniors versus mostly sophomores and freshman), we have seen this situation previously this year vs Oakes, but their head coach handled the situation much better than Carrington's coach. When you are running hurry up on offense and rushing 7 guys every down on defense in a game that is already well in hand, one has to wonder what your motivation is. Oakes could have done the same thing against us but didn't because, what would that prove? I guess only Coach Hochhalter from Carrington can answer that question. I do want to commend Coach Dobitz from Oakes for being a class act.

This said, I have been around long enough to know that sometimes coaches lose perspective and these things happen. I also know that our boys are resilient and will not let this derail them from working to get better every week. I also know a thing or two about karma. Go Oakes.

However, I would be remiss if I were not to mention how impressed I was with Carrington's speed, skill and athleticism. From an x and o standpoint, they are extremely well coached as well. They are very, very good and their match up with the aforementioned Oakes Tornadoes could be epic.

Also, anyone who counts out LHMB from being able to make a run in the post season, hasn't been paying attention to Coach Imdieke's long and distinguished career.

I too was at the game and agree, nobody wins in one of these situations, BUT IMO, it is hard to tell kids to not play...especially JV kids. By the end of the second quarter, CArrington was playing some JV, by the end of the third quarter they were playing their 4th string quarterback and a bunch of freshman. It's just hard to tell these kids to lay down.

Maybe Oakes coach did a better job at pulling in the reigns, maybe their underclassmen aren't as aggressive as Carrington's. I didn't see the "hurry up" offense after the first quarter and I didn't anything but aggressive defense by a bunch of JV kids after that. Hochhalter has "been around" and I can guarantee you he would not be one to intentionally run up the score. Do you tell your JV kids to go out there and not play hard?

I agree, the game got out of hand fast but I'm not sure how one remedies that situation.

Totally agree, that one can't ever count out LHMB come playoff time. And yes, assuming both teams stay healthy, the CArrington vs. Oakes game should be EPIC.

I always enjoy your posts EHS1998 and this one is another classic, I just don't happen to agree totally with all of it. 8) Speaking of matchups...The Steele vs. EEHS game this week should be a good one. I'm sorry, but I'm gotta pick Steele... :(
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:01 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:Almost posted something last night but thought maybe I should wait to see if I felt differently this morning, but after talking to some others, I really don't. We played a Carrington team last night that was simply better than us (juniors and seniors versus mostly sophomores and freshman), we have seen this situation previously this year vs Oakes, but their head coach handled the situation much better than Carrington's coach. When you are running hurry up on offense and rushing 7 guys every down on defense in a game that is already well in hand, one has to wonder what your motivation is. Oakes could have done the same thing against us but didn't because, what would that prove? I guess only Coach Hochhalter from Carrington can answer that question. I do want to commend Coach Dobitz from Oakes for being a class act.

I too was at the game and agree, nobody wins in one of these situations, BUT IMO, it is hard to tell kids to not play...especially JV kids. By the end of the second quarter, CArrington was playing some JV, by the end of the third quarter they were playing their 4th string quarterback and a bunch of freshman. It's just hard to tell these kids to lay down.

Maybe Oakes coach did a better job at pulling in the reigns, maybe their underclassmen aren't as aggressive as Carrington's. I didn't see the "hurry up" offense after the first quarter and I didn't anything but aggressive defense by a bunch of JV kids after that. Hochhalter has "been around" and I can guarantee you he would not be one to intentionally run up the score. Do you tell your JV kids to go out there and not play hard?

I agree, the game got out of hand fast but I'm not sure how one remedies that situation.

Totally agree, that one can't ever count out LHMB come playoff time. And yes, assuming both teams stay healthy, the CArrington vs. Oakes game should be EPIC.

I always enjoy your posts EHS1998 and this one is another classic, I just don't happen to agree totally with all of it. 8) Speaking of matchups...The Steele vs. EEHS game this week should be a good one. I'm sorry, but I'm gotta pick Steele... :(

If you read my comments carefully, you'll notice I don't say anything about the score of the game. I have no expectation that coaches ever tell there kids to not play hard in ANY circumstance. If our kids cant stop yours that isn't your coaches problem. You'll also notice that I didn't say anything about how long your starters were in, although I know they started the 3rd quarter, since you brought it up. I know for a fact you were calling timeouts and playing hurry up at the end of the first half, so I'm not sure what game you were watching. I do realize that these situations are very difficult for coaches, I have just seen the same situation handled much differently by 2 different coaches.

Thanks for your comments and I do respect your opinion NodakQ2, I simply don't share it but also don't think its a huge deal. These things happen.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:09 pm

One thing I want to ask is, was it a hurry up or just a no huddle? There is a difference. For a team that never huddles, they can look bad in blowouts. Usually they still won't huddle, but they'll just slow down their pace a bit. Just thought I'd point that out.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Indy5 wrote:One thing I want to ask is, was it a hurry up or just a no huddle? There is a difference. For a team that never huddles, they can look bad in blowouts. Usually they still won't huddle, but they'll just slow down their pace a bit. Just thought I'd point that out.

It was definitely hurry up but at this point, I'm over it. Carrington has a great club and will make a deep playoff run.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:30 pm

I am going to kind of piggy back on EHS1998's comments - There were a number of absolute blowouts in the ND HS FB ranks this weekend. There were a few games where teams were beat by 50 or more points. I am just wondering about the number of blow outs. As a former FB coach I know that sometimes things happen - had a kid score on an 80 yard run on a QB sneak in a game we had won - and in some cases one team's subs are that much better than another teams subs, etc.... But it just seemed like an inordinate amount of blowouts in ND this weekend. Was it just a tough weekend for over matched teams or what?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I am going to kind of piggy back on EHS1998's comments - There were a number of absolute blowouts in the ND HS FB ranks this weekend. There were a few games where teams were beat by 50 or more points. I am just wondering about the number of blow outs. As a former FB coach I know that sometimes things happen - had a kid score on an 80 yard run on a QB sneak in a game we had won - and in some cases one team's subs are that much better than another teams subs, etc.... But it just seemed like an inordinate amount of blowouts in ND this weekend. Was it just a tough weekend for over matched teams or what?

IMO...There were a lot of mismatched teams this past week. Top vs. Bottom across divisions.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:54 pm

I need to correct one of my statements above. Apparently, Carrington never sent more than 5 guys vs us last week. I don't know what I was watching. I apologize for the misstatement.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby PrepFBrules » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 am

I didn't see the EEK/Carrington game, but knowing the history of the coaching in Carrington, I can only assume Carrington's sophomores outplayed the starting sophomores of EEK. I've watched both teams play this year, Carrington could score 100 points with their starters, and more so, EEK had virtually no chance at scoring against their D, they are SOLID. I say this meaning no disrespect to EEK, I've played on young and inexperienced teams, and it wasn't fun, but it did teach us some life lessons. To the players of EEK, keep your heads up, and enjoy the game for what it is. Most of you will never play a down of FB after high school, have as much fun as you can and play hard. For you underclassman, don't settle for losing in the future, the tide always turns. Lastly, congratulations to Carrington, you have some of the most athletic and talented players I've seen in our region in a number of years. ND Football is an awesome collection "other sport" athletes coming together as a team in the fall. Take a look at the success of Carrington's teams in Legion baseball, wrestling, sprinters in track, etc. Winning becomes a habit... Still picking Oakes over Carrington though, their QB is too good.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to A