Dakota Bowl

The teams in Class A

Postby playthegame » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:07 pm

playthegame wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:I think if Linton wants to win this one they will have to go to the air and even that will be no guarantee. I had the pleasure of watching Velva play in the first round of the playoffs and their defense was in the backfield before the exchange was made on a lot of the plays. If Linton relys on the run I think Velva will just beat them back.

The key to victory for Linton will have to be big plays, if they don't break a big play or ten they will have a hard time with Velva.  

I think the key for Linton will have to be their offensive line play!  They are gonna have to be quick and get a good push downfield if Linton is going to have any chance in this game!  I think Velva's overall team speed and quickness is going to be a big issue for them to deal with!
I guess I was right about this one! Velva's quickness off the ball was a big issue for Linton, Velva's linemen and linebackers were in the backfield all day long!  Linton did do a better job in the second half but it was too little too late!  Velva came very close to shutting them out in this one Linton had to convert on fourth down and came through if they hadn't converted there it would have been a shutout!  That much doesn't surprise me what does surprise me is that Velva put up 33 points!  Even with Eric Henke being a non factor with a hip pointer from what I hear!  Velva was as good as I've seen them all year, they were very focused and made few mistakes, they played a great game!  My hats off to the Aggies on a tremendous accomplishment!!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TNT » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:51 pm

Linton's OL acted like they never saw a blitz before.  Can not count the times MLB 61 go untouched at the line.  Against a team were the LB'ers read the pulling guards you have to have a few decoy pulls to keep the LB'ers honest it never happened and game over.  Linton is lucky Henke got hurt in the first 5 minutes or the game would have been more 1 sided. Linton's QB is going to be very good tho, i was really impressed with his skills.
Last edited by TNT on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:00 pm

I could not believe Linton's quarterback was a sophomore. He's a stud.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:02 pm

i think something that is overlooked about purintun...he had eight interceptions this season...i don't mean that he threw eight...he had eight playing defense

thank you dakota bowl media guide
rep

Postby bison_18 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:16 pm

So how can you get 8 pics and not make the all-region team. It seems like a stat like that would atleast get you all-region DB.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:38 pm

not a clue...
rep

Postby baller01 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:29 am

rep wrote:i think something that is overlooked about purintun...he had eight interceptions this season...i don't mean that he threw eight...he had eight playing defense

thank you dakota bowl media guide

i know this is a little late considering the dakota bowl has been done for over a month now but he didn't pick off 8 passes. he actually threw 9. weber lead the team with 8 interceptions and received 1st team all-state DB i believe.  purintun hardly played defense this year at all.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby minotfan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:57 am

A - Football Fan wrote:Velva 21 Ryan 6. I don't know what the score of the Minot High vs. Minot Ryan game was. I have looked at both schools websitwes and have found nothing about the scrimmage game.... which is to be expected. I would love to know what the score was in that game.

I would however, like to see a game between the A and AA champs each year to see who the champs of the "old" Class B division would be.

Well each team both got 15 offensive plays and in those 15 plays Minot High scored 4 or 5 times starting at the 40 or 45 yard line and Minot Ryan gained only 10 yards i think through all 15 plays.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:23 am

minotfan wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:Velva 21 Ryan 6. I don't know what the score of the Minot High vs. Minot Ryan game was. I have looked at both schools websitwes and have found nothing about the scrimmage game.... which is to be expected. I would love to know what the score was in that game.

I would however, like to see a game between the A and AA champs each year to see who the champs of the "old" Class B division would be.

Well each team both got 15 offensive plays and in those 15 plays Minot High scored 4 or 5 times starting at the 40 or 45 yard line and Minot Ryan gained only 10 yards i think through all 15 plays.

accaully each team got 30 offensive and 30 defensive ... in cycles of 15... ryan achieved much more then then 10 yards total they had a pass completion for 15 in one play so there you u more then 10 yards total.. although minot high did dominate
mags
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A